Author Topic: has anyone ever  (Read 201 times)

Offline loony1

• Nickel Member
has anyone ever
« on: July 12, 2005, 06:37:34 PM »
Have any of you motorcycle buffs ever tryed this
I did over the weekend and it was awsome.....
if you havent tryed i would highly recomend it:aok :aok
« Last Edit: July 12, 2005, 06:39:37 PM by loony1 »
Loony2 Of "The Iron Saints"

Offline Maverick

• Plutonium Member
has anyone ever
« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2005, 07:17:33 PM »
Yep was there last month. So many pseudo racers are on it that it's crowded and not as fun as it was 20 years ago when few knew about it. The ricki racer bikes are one thnig but when the ricers or kraut mobiles convoy up to run it it's nasty.

I found the chilhowee trail to be a far better ride with it's sweepers and far less traffic.

Not to mention there are'nt roving Police patrols and radar spots all over it. :D
DEFINITION OF A VETERAN
A Veteran - whether active duty, retired, national guard or reserve - is someone who, at one point in their life, wrote a check made payable to "The United States of America", for an amount of "up to and including my life."
Author Unknown

Offline crowMAW

• Silver Member
has anyone ever
« Reply #2 on: July 12, 2005, 08:18:02 PM »
That is one awsome road.  Went down and back in late Feb this year.  Since it was the "off season" mostly just locals, who are nice enough to get out of your way if you are driving a sports car.

There are some really scary corners...and what makes em even more scary is to see tire tracks leading off the road (and usually down a pretty steep cliff...and in one case a set of tracks went into the river!)

This is one road the fun nazis haven't found yet, thank God.

Offline loony1

• Nickel Member
has anyone ever
« Reply #3 on: July 12, 2005, 09:40:25 PM »
there wasn't to much traffic on the 10th of july but i have seen pictures of some pretty nasty stuff.....the cherohala skyway was a sweet ride also...i got some nice pics of the scenery at 5,300ft.:aok
Loony2 Of "The Iron Saints"

Offline Skydancer

• Parolee
  • Silver Member
has anyone ever
« Reply #4 on: July 13, 2005, 02:29:14 AM »
Looks worth a visit one day. Bit far away for a weekend ride out.

:aok