Author Topic: Tracers?  (Read 609 times)

Offline jetb123

• Silver Member
Tracers?
« Reply #15 on: July 13, 2005, 04:48:16 AM »
Tracers off I dont spray as much, and I aim to kill,

Offline Patches1

• Nickel Member
Tracers....
« Reply #16 on: July 13, 2005, 04:49:56 AM »
Tracers...on, or off? Some say on, some say off....some say off because it will improve your hit percentage in time because you will begin to see the sight picture better and draw enough lead...others say on because it helps you to see where you are shooting and allows you to correct your aim.

One of my Squaddies said to me once, " it doesn't matter if tracers are on, or off. If you have set up the shot and outflown your opponent and got in close...he won't know the difference if your tracers were on, or off. "

Using this standard, my gunnery went from about 2% to 5% in a few short weeks and today generally hovers around 8-9% average. I learned that it is not whether tracers are on, or off, but rather, how you set up the shot.
"We're surrounded. That simplifies the problem."- Lewis B. "Chesty" Puller, General, USMC

Offline Schatzi

• Platinum Member
      • http://www.slowcat.de
Re: Tracers....
« Reply #17 on: July 13, 2005, 04:59:26 AM »
Originally posted by Patches1
Tracers...on, or off? Some say on, some say off....some say off because it will improve your hit percentage in time because you will begin to see the sight picture better and draw enough lead...others say on because it helps you to see where you are shooting and allows you to correct your aim.

One of my Squaddies said to me once, " it doesn't matter if tracers are on, or off. If you have set up the shot and outflown your opponent and got in close...he won't know the difference if your tracers were on, or off. "

Using this standard, my gunnery went from about 2% to 5% in a few short weeks and today generally hovers around 8-9% average. I learned that it is not whether tracers are on, or off, but rather, how you set up the shot.

Very well said.
21 is only half the truth.

Offline DamnedRen

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
Tracers?
« Reply #18 on: July 13, 2005, 07:28:19 AM »
Tracers are pretty.

Offline SKJohn

• Nickel Member
Tracers?
« Reply #19 on: July 13, 2005, 09:47:35 AM »
I like them for use in the anti-aircraft gv's like the Osti.  W/O them, I' have no idea of where I'm hitting.

I wish there was a way to select them for use in the Osti for example, but be able to leave them off for aircraft.  It's a pain to have to remember to turn them on before I jump in a flak gun or osti.  THen I usually forget to turn them off when I ge t back in a plane.