Author Topic: My 9th kill and other pics.  (Read 2530 times)

Offline Pepe

• Silver Member
My 9th kill and other pics.
« Reply #30 on: June 21, 2001, 09:19:00 AM »
Kirin,

I think killshooter is waaay undermodelled in that game. NO way you could survive having Ram in your gunsight   :D

Cheers,

Pepe

Offline Kirin

• Nickel Member
« Reply #31 on: June 21, 2001, 02:29:00 PM »
Actually, ur right Pepe...  ;)

I don't like the 3D floating compass neither - but at least they make it clear it's artificial and don't mesh it into the cockpit... btw, most ugliest cockpits IRL are those warbirds with navigation racks etc. in them... yuck!!

Ok, my RL see gauges/bogey comment was a bit premature... but still I don't like those generic cockpits. What viewsystem is more realistic still open to debate - no doubt the icon system in WW2O is way ahead of AH. And I like the restricted 6 view as well.

Besides, Santa, u only need one click to view gauges and back. Plus u can roughly read the speed gauge even from default position. Hmm, AH teaches you to fly by numbers... not my thing - that's where all the posts like this come from "I was doing this and this at #number, while he was doing this and this at #number when my #number dropped... etc." - in WW2O u have other clues to guess your speed (still LOTS of things missing what makes you feel your plane in RL) but the slats alone (sound and effect) are enough to know when you approach stall speed. And btw. reading perfectly calculated TAS is quite unrealistic for an early WW2 Fighter - but that's what we fly like.

Yes, I am supporting WW2O - not because it's the BEST of BEST - but because it takes some new approaches to things that never been changed since the dawn of online simming. The FM still unrefined but promising. What keeps me in WW2O is the setting, the enviroment, the feeling. The fascination for WW2 avation came to me from what I read in books - WW2O recreats that feeling to a certain extent - AH doesn't. I was playing AH since beta and enjoyed it, but the endless MA deathmatch and some other flaws took the fun out. Maybe AH will attract me again after some updates - but right now my new home is WW2O.
Real men fly Radial!

Offline Mighty1

• Parolee
  • Silver Member
« Reply #32 on: June 21, 2001, 02:47:00 PM »
FM in WWII is a joke but it can still be fun.

I finally decided to play on the German side last night and flew a sortie in a 109 and came back with 9 kills. WAAAAAY to easy.

The FM feels more like FO on easy mode.
I have been reborn a new man!

Notice I never said a better man.

Offline airspro

• Silver Member
      • My Blastoff start page :P
« Reply #33 on: June 21, 2001, 03:18:00 PM »
I finally decided to play on the German side last night and flew a sortie in a 109 and came back with 9 kills. WAAAAAY to easy.

Come fly a spit , the guns won't let u get nine kills in it , at least IMO   :D

I got to hand it too the 109 pilots in this game , they must meet up with a lot of newbies as all but one has chopped throttle and banked for the overshoot   :) they would be much better served to push the stick down , the "one" that did that had my Spit with no gas and he got away clean .

Hey Creamo , the pics really don't look all that good before either !! But I tried it once in 32 bit , man what a diff . Now it hit 4 fps once over some city but it sure looked good , hehe . The clouds in 32 bit look a lot differant , lots better but no can do it and fly IMO on my pc .

All we Allied can do now is fly cover , no bombs   :(  I really like the icons ( was following a 109 at a distance and looked back to check 6 , then right back , he was gone from view !!! If at distance you don't keep your vision on bandit , he will fade away , hehe , works to your advantage too  :)and I always thought that having no radar sucked a big one . But have learned that I was making a BIG mistake on that , seems that I get more one on one fights with out the radar guilding more enemy to me . So far have not had that much trouble finding a scrap either . Lots of newbies plus some vets , you can sure tell the differance in about one turn , hehe .

The best thing is no one can get that big of advantage by having two accounts , no radar , if you get my drift ?  I don't know for sure , but this might be pissing some off ? I most likly will get flamed for that statment but how many times has someone come looking for your goon just after he has said were he was on channel 2 ? I know we got so that we wouldn't say toejam were we were at .

I personally think AH is great game , and I am hoping they try out more ideas that seem to work well in this new sim .

cheers
spro
My current Ace's High handle is spro

Offline Toad

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #34 on: June 21, 2001, 03:24:00 PM »
Originally posted by Kirin:
What viewsystem is more realistic still open to debate

To you perhaps. Certainly not to me.

But I'm glad you are enjoying yourself.

Oh, yeah, please visit the gameplay forum and take a shot at the "visual Realism" test.

:D

[ 06-21-2001: Message edited by: Toad ]
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude than the animated contest of freedom, go from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains sit lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen!

Offline Creamo

• Parolee
  • Platinum Member
      • http://www.fatchicksinpartyhats.com
« Reply #35 on: June 21, 2001, 04:11:00 PM »
Keep trying to convince yourself Kirin. It's entertaining.

Offline Kirin

• Nickel Member
« Reply #36 on: June 23, 2001, 03:16:00 AM »
Well, Creamo, certainly more entertaining than your random, half-witted comments on every thread.

Actually I convinced myself by BEING in WW2O - something I guess you did not do. I've been in AH probably longer than you and I enjoyed it as long as it lasted. AH grown old to me, was looking for something new - found it!
Real men fly Radial!

Offline Kirin

• Nickel Member
« Reply #37 on: June 23, 2001, 03:26:00 AM »
Some more pics...   :D

Ah, nothing like a good vulch from time to time

Some ground work: blasted away 3 A13s on open field...   ;)  think the Char coming from the right outside my FOV didn't like it...   :D

[ 06-23-2001: Message edited by: Kirin ]
Real men fly Radial!

Offline airspro

• Silver Member
      • My Blastoff start page :P
« Reply #38 on: June 23, 2001, 07:22:00 AM »
:D

Here's what a 109 looks like "lightly cooked" hehe .

WTG Kirin on the tank kill ! I have so far had no luck at all tanking but it's still fun . Went from Anhee to Dinant last night in a A13 with a trooper and didn't see anything , they had already taken the town by the time we got there .

If you havn't tried this program yet .

If the graft that it shows is true , it's really does free up a lot of memory . I scrubed ram just now and went from 191 to 333 , had the pc on all last night , downloading etc and web surfing playing game and such . I have 384 total with 333 free after the scrub , I see it's only 288 now , lol . Free for a month .
Memory Turbo 2  

Also did I see that you and a squad mate are going to Duxford ? You could look up some of the air guys , as about 6 or so are going this year .

take care
spro
My current Ace's High handle is spro

Offline ~Caligula~

• Nickel Member
« Reply #39 on: June 23, 2001, 07:55:00 AM »
How about this for a 109 cockpit

BTW only 9 kills fscott????
I had 10 in 109 in 1 sortie...lol
I`m still losing host a lot,so I`m not in as much as I`d like to

[ 06-23-2001: Message edited by: ~Caligula~ ]

Offline bowser

• Copper Member
« Reply #40 on: June 23, 2001, 08:18:00 AM »
Tip: If you are trying to sell WWIIOnline, don't post screenshots.  It's graphics are not it's best selling point.   :)

bowser

Offline Kirin

• Nickel Member
« Reply #41 on: June 23, 2001, 10:04:00 AM »
Ooooooh, baby!!     :eek:  IL2, Caligula?

Ah, wait - is that from B17II? Well, looks nice anyway...   ;)

Spro: Wee - that would be great to meet up with you guys!  :D Get some of those old birds out of the hangar and give the crowd a good show...  ;) Seriously, when are u planning to go there? We gonna be there SAT & SUN!

[ 06-23-2001: Message edited by: Kirin ]
Real men fly Radial!

Offline ~Caligula~

• Nickel Member
« Reply #42 on: June 23, 2001, 10:39:00 AM »
IL-2,U`ll love it Kirin,it`s WWII flightsim paradise...
I can`t resist to post this pic,hope it won`t be a big deal..

Offline Kirin

• Nickel Member
« Reply #43 on: June 23, 2001, 01:13:00 PM »
So I guess u in the beta... lucky bastooge...  ;)

IL2 looks nice - no doubt...
Real men fly Radial!