Author Topic: problems  (Read 440 times)

Offline Pooface

• Gold Member
problems
« on: July 20, 2005, 06:29:31 PM »
ok, list of problems so far

51's, the skins are weird. people know this already, but i know why. its an error with squadron nose art, look for yourself. the plane has the nose art skinned on it.

the 47's burn forever. i took a fuel hit, and burned for 20+ minutes in the ma. other people post other known problems here: this is all i have so far

Offline Pooface

• Gold Member
problems
« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2005, 06:47:48 PM »
also, the ditch model is ridiculous!!!!, i cant ditch safely at 60mph!!!!!!

i would of thought that the change in ditch model prevented 500mph ditches, not plain ditches!

oh well, im sure HT and the gang will have it sorted soon

Offline Skydancer

• Parolee
  • Silver Member
problems
« Reply #2 on: July 21, 2005, 02:38:31 AM »
Hi

Big problem! Every time I try to fly a P47N or D40 or take out an Osti for a drive the game crashes and I get a message box saying AH has encountered a problem and needs to close! Any ideas?

Also In P51 and P47( other models) the airfield features flicker on and off! And the dust trails on wheels, smoke trails on RKTs have turned into little triangles!

Can still Ditch P47 but the P51D just hits the ground and dissappears whatever speed!

Lots of work to do!  :(
« Last Edit: July 21, 2005, 02:53:35 AM by Skydancer »

Offline Pooface

• Gold Member
problems
« Reply #3 on: July 21, 2005, 06:36:25 AM »
true, i had the same problem, the 51's are very sensetive to ditching, i ditched at 70mph with all flaps out, vertical decrease really slow, and died instantly. other planes it was better, but still annoying.

skydancer, it may be your pc thats giving you those troubles. my old one showed all somoke effects like little triangles, i just didnt have enough memory

Offline Skydancer

• Parolee
  • Silver Member
problems
« Reply #4 on: July 21, 2005, 12:53:59 PM »
Why is the D40, N or Osti more memory intensive than the other stuff. That all works fine!?

Anyone else finding certain planes just crash the game?

Offline StarOfAfrica2

• Platinum Member
      • http://www.vf-17.org
problems
« Reply #5 on: July 21, 2005, 05:52:03 PM »
Maybe the files for the artwork got corrupted?  Try deleting the appropriate files and let the game download them when you log in next.  See if the problem persists.

Offline Skydancer

• Parolee
  • Silver Member
problems
« Reply #6 on: July 21, 2005, 05:58:01 PM »
Deleted whole game  tried reinstalling still the same!

Offline Clifra Jones

• Silver Member
problems
« Reply #7 on: July 22, 2005, 09:20:58 AM »
Originally posted by Pooface
also, the ditch model is ridiculous!!!!, i cant ditch safely at 60mph!!!!!!

i would of thought that the change in ditch model prevented 500mph ditches, not plain ditches!

oh well, im sure HT and the gang will have it sorted soon

Ditched a ki84  @ 90mph last night. Had to keep her stady though. No more slamming it to the ground.

Offline Clifra Jones

• Silver Member
problems
« Reply #8 on: July 22, 2005, 09:23:14 AM »
Originally posted by Skydancer
Hi

Big problem! Every time I try to fly a P47N or D40 or take out an Osti for a drive the game crashes and I get a message box saying AH has encountered a problem and needs to close! Any ideas?

Also In P51 and P47( other models) the airfield features flicker on and off! And the dust trails on wheels, smoke trails on RKTs have turned into little triangles!

Sounds like video card driver issues to me. Make sure you have the "proper" drivers for your card. This may not be the latest ones.