Author Topic: Pearl Harbor out May 25th  (Read 470 times)

Offline flakbait

• Silver Member
      • http://www.worldaccessnet.com/~delta6
Pearl Harbor out May 25th
« on: March 25, 2001, 10:53:00 AM »
Just got the movie poster in the Sunday paper. It looks pretty good, but Zeros flying over a baseball park doesn't seem to real. Last I checked they flew at 8k or higher.

-----------------------
Flakbait [Delta6]
Delta Six's Flight School
Put the P-61B in Aces High
"During the Battle of Britain the question 'fighter or fighter-bomber?'
had been decided once and for all: The fighter can only be used as a bomb carrier
with lasting effect when sufficient air superiority has been won." Adolph Galland

TheWobble

« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2001, 12:13:00 PM »

Zeros flying over a baseball park doesn't seem to real. Last I checked they flew at 8k or higher

<slap>

JUST ENJOY THE DAMN THING!

Offline SOB

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2001, 02:48:00 PM »

Originally posted by flakbait:
Just got the movie poster in the Sunday paper. It looks pretty good, but Zeros flying over a baseball park doesn't seem to real. Last I checked they flew at 8k or higher.

Heh, big Hollywood production with big stars in it.  If you're going to go see it and be disappointed if it ain't realistic, I'd say don't see it    But hey, there'll be air-e-o-planes & explosions & guns & bombs, so it can't be all bad.

SOB
Three Times One Minus One.  Dayum!

Offline Raubvogel

• Gold Member
« Reply #3 on: March 25, 2001, 03:02:00 PM »

Originally posted by flakbait:
It looks pretty good, but Zeros flying over a baseball park doesn't seem to real. Last I checked they flew at 8k or higher.

One of the first waves hit Kaneohe on the Windward side of Oahu, then came over the Windward mountain range towards Honolulu and Pearl Harbor. There is still wreckage of some of these planes in the mountains as some weren't high enough to make it over them, and they are usually socked in with clouds. They're not 8k...maybe 5 at the most.

------------------
Raubvogel
LuftJägerKorps

Offline Voss

• Silver Member
      • http://www.bombardieraerospace.com
« Reply #4 on: March 27, 2001, 12:43:00 AM »

Originally posted by Raubvogel:
One of the first waves hit Kaneohe on the Windward side of Oahu, then came over the Windward mountain range towards Honolulu and Pearl Harbor. There is still wreckage of some of these planes in the mountains as some weren't high enough to make it over them, and they are usually socked in with clouds. They're not 8k...maybe 5 at the most.

OTW!  

The wife said she wanted to vacation in Hawaii this year. Now I have a reason to go along with her.  

------------------
Voss
13th TAS