Author Topic: Christian Party says 'no women pilots'  (Read 466 times)

Offline rshubert

• Silver Member
Christian Party says 'no women pilots'
« Reply #15 on: August 06, 2005, 09:07:04 AM »
Originally posted by Chairboy
I'm sure they exist, but I wasn't actually on the hunt for 'crazy religious groups', I stumbled across the link listed while reading another pilot's weblog.

There sure seem to be a disproportionate number of crazy religious types versus atheist, but that's neither here not there.

I would disagree with that.  What about dedicated communist insurgents?  How about the "friends of the earth" types and the Greenpeacers?

They seem pretty nutty to me.  And they are willing to be violent, and hurt people.

Offline lazs2

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #16 on: August 06, 2005, 09:13:20 AM »
I don't belive women should be able to vote but I'm not gonna kill anyone over it.   Hell... I probly won't even hire any suicide bombers to do it for me.

lazs

Offline Gunslinger

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #17 on: August 06, 2005, 10:51:12 AM »
Originally posted by rshubert
I would disagree with that.  What about dedicated communist insurgents?  How about the "friends of the earth" types and the Greenpeacers?

They seem pretty nutty to me.  And they are willing to be violent, and hurt people.

don't forget about our "home grown" terrorists.  The good ole E.L.F

The guys who set multi million dollar houses and SUV lots on fire releasing all sorts of carcinogens into the atmosphere becuase they don't like pollution or urban sprawl.

Offline Simaril

• Platinum Member
« Reply #18 on: August 06, 2005, 11:13:54 AM »
my favorite lunatic quote from farther down the page:

WOMEN PILOTS ARE 120 TIMES MORE DANGEROUS TO THE FLYING PUBLIC THAN TERRORISTS

What was the return on the huge investment the nation made in women pilots?  How many of the enemy did they shoot down?  What was the kill ratio of dead women pilots to dead enemy pilots?   Women pilots shot down zero enemy pilots, which makes the kill ratio Infinite.  

Should we call homeland security?
Maturity is knowing that I've been an idiot in the past.
Wisdom is realizing I will be an idiot in the future.
Common sense is trying to not be an idiot right now

"Social Fads are for sheeple." - Meatwad

Offline Seagoon

• Gold Member
      • http://www.providencepca.com
« Reply #19 on: August 06, 2005, 12:23:38 PM »
Hi Guys,

Congratulations, you've discovered the "Christian Identity" movement which is in fact simply good old Master Race Aryanism cloaked in a thin veneer of pseudo-Christian babble. This is, as I mentioned in another thread, a case where those supporting a political ideology use Christianity as an unwilling vehicle to cart it around.

Their theology is appalling and doesn't even qualify as Christianity, they redefine basic Christian doctrine and history, and condemn most Evangelical Christians like myself as sell-outs to "false Jewish doctrines." Christians need not bother saying "they don't represent Christianity" as these guys don't consider you to be Christians anyway.

Whackos is a charitable estimation, these guys are simply Brownshirts masquerading as "Christians" while simultaneously defining Christianity in a manner that only fellow Brownshirts qualify. A pox on such an unmitigated evil in the land.

For a quick profile of "Christian Identity" and its history from a cult-watch organization check out:

Christian Identity Profile

- SEAGOON
SEAGOON aka Pastor Andy Webb
"We have no government armed with power capable of contending with human passions unbridled by morality and religion... Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other." - John Adams

Offline Gunslinger

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #20 on: August 06, 2005, 12:31:20 PM »
Originally posted by Seagoon
Hi Guys,

Congratulations, you've discovered the "Christian Identity" movement which is in fact simply good old Master Race Aryanism cloaked in a thin veneer of pseudo-Christian babble. This is, as I mentioned in another thread, a case where those supporting a political ideology use Christianity as an unwilling vehicle to cart it around.

Their theology is appalling and doesn't even qualify as Christianity, they redefine basic Christian doctrine and history, and condemn most Evangelical Christians like myself as sell-outs to "false Jewish doctrines." Christians need not bother saying "they don't represent Christianity" as these guys don't consider you to be Christians anyway.

Whackos is a charitable estimation, these guys are simply Brownshirts masquerading as "Christians" while simultaneously defining Christianity in a manner that only fellow Brownshirts qualify. A pox on such an unmitigated evil in the land.

For a quick profile of "Christian Identity" and its history from a cult-watch organization check out:

Christian Identity Profile

- SEAGOON

Sea,

I have a cunundrum to present here.  Jesus was a JEWISH carpenter and CHRISTianity is the following of CHRIST's teachings right?

Well if these guys are so adamently againsts jews how can they be christians and follow the teachings of one?  :confused:

Like I said the intardnet is a strange place.

Offline rpm

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #21 on: August 06, 2005, 12:52:30 PM »
I used to date this really hot chick, but she was a religious nut. One night I finally had enough and asked her if all Jews were going to hell. She said of course they do. I reminded her Jesus was a Jew. We didn't see each other much after that.
My mind is a raging torrent, flooded with rivulets of thought cascading into a waterfall of creative alternatives.
Stay thirsty my friends.

Offline Seagoon

• Gold Member
      • http://www.providencepca.com
« Reply #22 on: August 06, 2005, 03:48:34 PM »
Hi Gun,

Originally posted by Gunslinger
Sea,

I have a cunundrum to present here.  Jesus was a JEWISH carpenter and CHRISTianity is the following of CHRIST's teachings right?

Well if these guys are so adamently againsts jews how can they be christians and follow the teachings of one?  :confused:

Like I said the intardnet is a strange place.

Well, all you have to do is search the sections of their site they keep relatively buried to get thier blatantly anti-biblical take.

In one section for titled:

"More Quotes From The Third Reich With Comments by Pastor V.S. Herrell Author of ‘Was Adolf Hitler a Bible Christian?’

What follows are a few more reasons why I believe that Hitler was a Christian."

they quote with approval for instance:
"he concluded: "Whoever claimed that Jesus was a Jew was either being stupid or telling a lie ... Jesus was not a Jew."

And so on. Essentially, Christian Identity members believe that the 10 "lost" tribes of Northern Israel were Caucasians and that they founded Western Europe, that the Semites of Christ's time were mixed race usurpers and not the true Israelites and that the Nordic and Western Europeans are the true people of God. Jesus, they claim, was a caucasian, a white man, and those persecuted him were these racially degenerate "Jews" etc. and so on. Therefore they believe they follow a Caucasian and not a Jew. They appeal to apocryphal documents, whole-cloth creations, and the credulousness of the average white supremacist.

Their Messiah is not the Christ of the Bible, they prefer to follow the teachings of the author of Mein Kampf.

It's a horrid travesty of Christianity with no link to the word of God or the historic Christian faith.

Basically Gun, if you want to believe that the Jews are sub-humans worthy of extermination, then you're going to generate any specious argument you can to support that claim, including making the "Lion of the tribe of Judah" into a Caucasian. As Calvin wryly put it, What an idol factory the human heart is! In this case these particular idolators worship the caucasian race and have accordingly "changed the glory of the incorruptible God into an image made like corruptible man" (Romans 1:23)

Yet another reason to dislike the practice of inventing pictures of Jesus.

- SEAGOON
SEAGOON aka Pastor Andy Webb
"We have no government armed with power capable of contending with human passions unbridled by morality and religion... Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other." - John Adams

Offline Gunslinger

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #23 on: August 06, 2005, 04:04:53 PM »
What an idol factory the human heart is!

indeed.  Thanks for the reply :)