Author Topic: Bomber gunners (perked?)  (Read 608 times)

Offline straffo

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
Bomber gunners (perked?)
« Reply #15 on: August 09, 2005, 12:36:03 PM »
Originally posted by mussie
straffo My information on the LA7 may have been wrong, I got it from here
http://www.hitechcreations.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=154833
I searched on the net for WEP but could not find any real info.

But some planes used water injection to produce more power, I think the P 38 is one example and it makes sense to me that a plane using water injection is going to have a limited amount of water onboard....

EDIT
BTW from your link I see that 2500 RPM is 10 minutes maximum per flight
ALSO I didn't say 2 minutes I said NO2 (Nitrous Oxide)

Well in the case of the LA7 the wep is max rpm and max manifold  not made increasing compression with water or NO2.

Offline Guppy35

• Radioactive Member
Bomber gunners (perked?)
« Reply #16 on: August 09, 2005, 02:59:55 PM »
Originally posted by mussie
Don't mind me dedalos,
My comments were directed at DREDIOCK's laser beams remark.
Not having a shot at you either Dred
But IMO BUFF guns are not laser beams and I think that ppl don't realise that there are A LOT of concessions made for all the aircraft in this game.

I think the hard part for me with the bomber guns, is that one guy flying 3 buffs can bring all the guns to bear on a single fighter right away.  

Lets face it, on a bomber with individual gunners, the quality of their gunning, and their ability to scan the sky and pick a target were part of the equation.

Right now that one gunner with his sight on the target is controlling an awful lot of guns that normally would have been individually operated.  And that's multiplied by 3 with the one guy controlling 3 buffs.

That's where the lazer beam feeling comes in for the fighter guy trying to attack that bomber.

Dan/CorkyJr
Dan/CorkyJr
8th FS "Headhunters

Offline Mustaine

• Parolee
  • Platinum Member
Bomber gunners (perked?)
« Reply #17 on: August 09, 2005, 03:04:28 PM »
Originally posted by dedalos
Same goes for the fighters though.  If you can't kill buffs, you need to practice attacking them.  Unless you are after Tater or 999.  You may as well bail when you meet them.  

In a private email from HT he admited that those twi guys are actually drones controlled by the HT servers.  Its a test for the TOD drones, but don't tell anyone I said anything about that.
:rofl :rofl :aok

don't tell 999000 i said this, but i can kill him 90% of the time (all 3 planes), if left to our own devices :D
Genetically engineered in a lab, and raised by wolverines -- ]V[ E G A D E T ]-[
AoM DFC ZLA BMF and a bunch of other acronyms.

Offline mussie

• Gold Member
Bomber gunners (perked?)
« Reply #18 on: August 09, 2005, 03:37:10 PM »
I took off in an F4U-4 yesterday and spent two sectors catching up to a group of 24's that were between 15-25k

I came from below and let rip, but I didn't just sit there and get shot, I kept moving went above and then slid in sideways from the right, landed a massive burst across the back of each buff and the first drone died the remaining two were down in side of the next ten seconds.

And the day before a flight of low 24's in a 110g-2, I got all three  but I augured chasing the last one down My own fault.

The first guy had to seen me coming (I was behind him for like 15 minutes) and should have kept an eye on me. the second should have been higher than 1k

All in all its not the planes, but the pilots that make it difficult....

Offline Raptor

• Platinum Member
Bomber gunners (perked?)
« Reply #19 on: August 09, 2005, 10:01:54 PM »
Rule #1 when attacking bombers...
- Never come directly from behind.

If you are chasing a bomber then best thing would be to climb to the same alt as him, dive about 2k below and when you are just below it come up and shoot at inner engine one a wing. (B24 catches fire pretty much every time)

If you have plenty of E then keep moving, go under it, above it, left right wherever. The gunner has to switch guns and bring his sights on the fighter which can be enough time to catch a wing on fire.
If it catches fire, wait until that bomber goes down to attack again.

When I see bombers I just think "hmm, 3 free kills"

Offline DREDIOCK

• Plutonium Member
Bomber gunners (perked?)
« Reply #20 on: August 10, 2005, 12:27:04 AM »
Originally posted by Raptor01
Rule #1 when attacking bombers...
- Never come directly from behind.

When I see bombers I just think "hmm, 3 free kills"

Well I dont think that. but I agree to never come in dirctly from behind.

I prefer to pull ahead of the bombers and come in on their 10 or 2:00 positions preferably from high then breaking away from to the 9 or 3:00 position to pull ahead to make another pass

I find thats the best way to get some kills on 999000 too.  
It aint foolproof but it works ;)

On another thought on attacking bombers.
If your doing so while in defence of a base under heavy attack once the bomberrs drop their load unless they are loitering around shooting at things I prefer to let em go and make em fly all the way home again.

Reason being that once they have dropped, if you kill them right away that only lets them come back sooner.

For example lets say its a 20 min flight to target in a 17.
20 min there. 20 min back. Thats 40 min. Now if you killl them before they drop then great. You prevented damage to your  feild or city.
But if you kill them right after they drop they no longer have to make that 20 min trip home and they are back in 20 min instead of the 40 min it would have taken to fly home re up and come back again.
So in essence your actually helping the opposing country to bomb your feild by shooting them down after they have dropped.
Death is no easy answer
For those who wish to know
Ask those who have been before you
What fate the future holds
It ain't pretty