Author Topic: Traffic Jam near China  (Read 1693 times)

funked

Traffic Jam near China
« Reply #15 on: April 02, 2001, 04:01:00 PM »
Somebody over on AGW brought up a scenario that sounds about right:

Fighter One screws up and rams EP-3, goes down in flames.  Fighter Two is understandably freaked out and radios that capitalist pig-dog aggressor has downed his wingman.  GCI controller goes apeshit and orders Fighter Two to force down the imperialist oppressor at the nearest people's airfield.  What we have now is just a bunch of ass-covering while the Chinese figure out what really happened.

Offline Eagler

• Plutonium Member
Traffic Jam near China
« Reply #16 on: April 02, 2001, 04:05:00 PM »
Heck ya it's Bush's fault isn't everything that isn't free. Clinton would have just traded a few more national security secrets for the crew, let the Chinese keep the plane stating there wasn't anything onboard the Chinese didn't get at the last Democratic convention and tell us one more time "I did not have sexual relations with THAT woman!"

Seriously, you ex-military, what do you think the Chinese got their hands on that they didn't know before? How easy is the gear to destroy or throw overboard? If the Chinese refuse to cooperate, how quickly do you think this could get nasty?

Eagler

[This message has been edited by Eagler (edited 04-02-2001).]
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

Intel Core i7-13700KF | GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS Elite AX | 64GB G.Skill DDR5 | EVGA GeForce RTX 3070 Ti FTW3 | Vive Pro | Warthog stick | TM1600 throttle | VKB Mk.V Rudder Pedals

Offline Wmaker

• Platinum Member
      • Lentolaivue 34 website
Traffic Jam near China
« Reply #17 on: April 02, 2001, 04:31:00 PM »

Originally posted by funked:
Sounds like the Chinese AF need to learn how to fly.  Morons.

...and same goes for surtain AF which clipped some cables in Italy...

1Wmaker1
Lentolaivue 34

Wmaker
Lentolaivue 34

Thank you for the Brewster HTC!

Offline Toad

• Plutonium Member
Traffic Jam near China
« Reply #18 on: April 02, 2001, 04:37:00 PM »
Eagler,

I know that you can't dump the built in antennae and that technology alone is worth a bundle.

The hard drives could probably be wiped and some of the equipment tossed overboard but any way you cut it, they are going to gain valuable knowledge, both in $ and in technological leaps if they get to take that airplane apart.

Wmaker, bad things happen in airplanes. To all air forces.

The question now is are the Chinese going to live up to their International agreements and release the plane and crew?
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude than the animated contest of freedom, go from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains sit lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen!

funked

Traffic Jam near China
« Reply #19 on: April 02, 2001, 04:45:00 PM »
Wmaker - I called those guys morons too.
Big difference though - US Navy didn't try to blame that collision on the cables.  

Offline Wmaker

• Platinum Member
      • Lentolaivue 34 website
Traffic Jam near China
« Reply #20 on: April 02, 2001, 05:04:00 PM »
Yep funked, at least I don't understand how a plane like the 'Aries' could ram a fighter like F-8. If 'Aries' would try it F-8 pilot would have to be asleep not being able to stop it    . I just think that making arguments like "All of the chinese AF should learn to fly...they are morons" isn't fair. There are plenty of morons in every corporation, air force, school and so on. I bet there are plenty of good pilots in chinese AF too.

EDIT[And we don't know what EXACTLY happened...probably never will...]EDIT

1Wmaker1
Lentolaivue 34

[This message has been edited by Wmaker (edited 04-02-2001).]

[This message has been edited by Wmaker (edited 04-02-2001).]
Wmaker
Lentolaivue 34

Thank you for the Brewster HTC!

funked

Traffic Jam near China
« Reply #21 on: April 02, 2001, 11:44:00 PM »
Good point Wmaker.  Anyways I'm sure the poor Chinese pilot was sorry for it in his last moments.  

Here's what I think China will do.  They know that if they handle this "by the book" it will help relations with the US and make them look good.  So I think they will send the crew home ASAP, but drag their feet on the aircraft return.

USA will get the aircraft back, but there will be some "logistical" delays while they check it out.  I don't think it will be as bad as the MiG-25 in Japan though, where the USSR got it back in crates.  

Offline Ripsnort

• Radioactive Member
Traffic Jam near China
« Reply #22 on: April 03, 2001, 07:50:00 AM »
Update: US Officials will meet with the crew tonight, but as they said, thats about 72 hours later than they 'expected' to be allowed to see the crew...the EP-3 has already had a thorough shake down by the Chinese...I'm sure like everything else in their military it will be noted and copied very soon.

Offline Eagler

• Plutonium Member
Traffic Jam near China
« Reply #23 on: April 03, 2001, 07:54:00 AM »
I'd never make a good politician as I am already out of patience.

I say it's time to go in and get what is ours and being held illegally from us. Dare them to stop us.

We should have destroyed the plane with cruise missiles while the chinks were doing their little inspection of it.

Eagler
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

Intel Core i7-13700KF | GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS Elite AX | 64GB G.Skill DDR5 | EVGA GeForce RTX 3070 Ti FTW3 | Vive Pro | Warthog stick | TM1600 throttle | VKB Mk.V Rudder Pedals

Offline leonid

• Copper Member
Traffic Jam near China
« Reply #24 on: April 03, 2001, 08:45:00 AM »

Originally posted by Eagler:
I'd never make a good politician as I am already out of patience.

We should have destroyed the plane with cruise missiles while the chinks were doing their little inspection of it.

Eagler

Yes, I agree.  It's a good thing you're not a politician.

[This message has been edited by leonid (edited 04-03-2001).]
ingame: Raz

Offline Ripsnort

• Radioactive Member
Traffic Jam near China
« Reply #25 on: April 03, 2001, 08:51:00 AM »
Hehe, Eagler, I have to agree with Leonid, that's not the best dipolomatic channel to play first...I'd start with refusing to unload any cargo coming into US ports with retail goods, that ALWAYS gets their attention real fast since 60% of their export $$ comes from the good ole' US of A.

Offline Dowding

• Platinum Member
      • http://www.psys07629.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/272/index.html
Traffic Jam near China
« Reply #26 on: April 03, 2001, 10:47:00 AM »
FFS, Eagler.

'The Chinks' Eagler? Are you subscribing to Wobbly's school of racial slurs?

Oh, it's just a word? And black people are a bunch of cupcakes?

Racism really pisses me off. I have enough of it to contend with coming from my father.

'Lets send in the boys - let's kick some f****** ass!!!!'

[This message has been edited by Dowding (edited 04-03-2001).]
War! Never been so much fun. War! Never been so much fun! Go to your brother, Kill him with your gun, Leave him lying in his uniform, Dying in the sun.

Offline Toad

• Plutonium Member
Traffic Jam near China
« Reply #27 on: April 03, 2001, 10:57:00 AM »
Rip, I think you have it.
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude than the animated contest of freedom, go from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains sit lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen!