Author Topic: G2 vs G6  (Read 1395 times)

Offline wetrat

• Gold Member
G2 vs G6
« Reply #30 on: August 15, 2005, 01:27:54 PM »
Originally posted by Urchin
The gun just isn't reliable enough to use...  
I whole-heartedly disagree... it's perfectly reliable, but it's HARD. It's much easier to set up and hit shots with 20mm, but if you can get the tater technique down, the G10 is a far better weapon with them. I won't even fly the G6 without 30mm... the plane sucks too much for me to risk not having quick kills.
Army of Muppets

Offline Urchin

• Platinum Member
G2 vs G6
« Reply #31 on: August 15, 2005, 01:51:20 PM »
When the gun fires slow enough that a plane 100 yards away can fly between rounds... I don't think it is a very reliable method of getting kills.  

That said, if you could fire your first shot timed well enough that it would be in the right general area when the target got there, depending on which way the round decides to deviate it could concievably be a better way to kill then 1x20mm + 2x13mm.  

I find it much easier to kill people with one burst from the latter though.

Offline Krusty

• Radioactive Member
G2 vs G6
« Reply #32 on: August 15, 2005, 05:43:10 PM »
Urchin, due to its limitations (velocity, rate of fire) it's not suitable to get shots from top-down passes (like the target cuts across 90 degrees from your plane of alignment). But if you get a partial deflection like 45 degrees or so, and get a nice saddle position from the rear it's a wonderful gun.

Offline Urchin

• Platinum Member
G2 vs G6
« Reply #33 on: August 15, 2005, 06:22:23 PM »
Ah, but those are exactly the kinds of shots that minimize one of its limitations (namely, the dispersment of the rounds).  

I'm just not a real big fan of the 30mm I guess.