Author Topic: Sound card  (Read 219 times)

Offline Solar

• Copper Member
      • http://powerhousecomputerstheedge.com
Sound card
« on: August 26, 2005, 03:33:36 PM »
I have an older sound blaster live sound card. Something has happend on one of the last patch's. Now mysounds are all messed up. It sounds like im in a tunnel. Vox is a real mess dont work half the time. When it dose it echos bad on squad chanel. I have the newest driver for the card & everything works fine except Aces High. Anyone got an idea. I have reloaded aces high about a dozen times with no luck.:(

Offline Clifra Jones

• Silver Member
Sound card
« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2005, 03:59:47 PM »
Try a defferent driver. You can get the newest combo drivers from Creative but I'm not sure if you can get some of the legacy ones. I may have some of them as I had an older Live card before I bought my new Live 24. If you can't find the older driver let me know I can email it to you.

Not sure if this will fix it. Just guessing. Skuzzy?

Offline OOZ662

• Platinum Member
Sound card
« Reply #2 on: August 27, 2005, 06:20:51 AM »
Go into DXDIAG (Start>Run...>Type DXDIAG>OK). On the Sound tab, reduce Hardware Acceleration to 3/4 (one notch to the right)
A Rook who first flew 09/26/03 at the age of 13, has been a GL in 10+ Scenarios, and was two-time Points and First Annual 68KO Cup winner of the AH Extreme Air Racing League.

Offline Solar

• Copper Member
      • http://powerhousecomputerstheedge.com
sound card
« Reply #3 on: August 27, 2005, 01:16:07 PM »
Thanks for the ideas gang. I just bought a new soundblaster 24 live that fixed it. see ya in the skys

Offline OOZ662

• Platinum Member
Sound card
« Reply #4 on: August 28, 2005, 07:51:00 AM »
Still, you should decrease that setting no matter what you're using.
A Rook who first flew 09/26/03 at the age of 13, has been a GL in 10+ Scenarios, and was two-time Points and First Annual 68KO Cup winner of the AH Extreme Air Racing League.