Author Topic: Ta Motd  (Read 391 times)

Offline Schatzi

• Platinum Member
      • http://www.slowcat.de
Ta Motd
« on: September 06, 2005, 02:30:50 AM »
The rule prohibiting enemy overflight of A1 should be added to the MOTD. Its not really 'common knowledge' and since there are not always trainers online it is not covered by rule #4.
21 is only half the truth.

Offline SkyWolf

• Nickel Member
Re: Ta Motd
« Reply #1 on: September 06, 2005, 06:52:13 AM »
Originally posted by Schatzi
The rule prohibiting enemy overflight of A1 should be added to the MOTD. Its not really 'common knowledge' and since there are not always trainers online it is not covered by rule #4.

Well... I can certainly say huh? Let me be the first.

Offline fuzeman

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
Ta Motd
« Reply #2 on: September 06, 2005, 10:22:42 AM »
Technically it is covered under 'attack unused bases only'.
My interpretation of attacking a base is if the base thinks it's being attacked. What I mean is if the game thinks a base is under attack it's siren will sound and the base will flash. If you continue the attack the field guns start firing.
Any of those effects result if you do attack a field and thats the benchmark I use.
If someone says I'm not attacking just flying around, let them try to convince that base's Tower they are not attacking. I haven't seen anyone change the Tower's mind yet though.
Far too many, if not most, people on this Board post just to say something opposed to posting when they have something to say.

"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG54

Offline Schatzi

• Platinum Member
Ta Motd
« Reply #3 on: September 06, 2005, 10:41:41 AM »
Technically youre right fuze. But experience shows (last night for ex) that you can count yourself to be lucky if people even read the MOTD, let alone think about it.  *I* certainly never interpreted the rules like that. I just got told once (by you IIRC) that enemy overflight of a1 is forbidden.

Offline fuzeman

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
Ta Motd
« Reply #4 on: September 06, 2005, 10:51:08 AM »
You are correct Schatzi, they are highly frowned upon by Trainers, I guess that qualifies as forbidden. It's very tough to concentrate and help someone with that siren wailing and field guns fring.
I also agree with you that most do not read the MOTD. There is also that element that does read it and just says phooie, I'm going to do what I want. Unless those folks get a frozen mackeral upside the head the instant they're doing something against the rules they will continue.
[ At work so I can't stop in and break out the mackeral but I understand where your coming from. ]
Make a note of the offender and film it and send to support@hitechcreations.com or just mention the offender to a Trainer so we can put him on our 'Who wants a frozen mackeral upside the cranium?' list.
Far too many, if not most, people on this Board post just to say something opposed to posting when they have something to say.

Offline SuperDud

• Platinum Member
Ta Motd
« Reply #5 on: September 06, 2005, 12:45:17 PM »
Technically....you're both right:p
SuperDud
++Blue Knights++

Offline Schatzi

• Platinum Member
Ta Motd
« Reply #6 on: September 06, 2005, 01:35:35 PM »
So are you Super, technically.

:huh

Fuze: Im no trainer so i wont start playing TA police. If i feel things are getting out of hand and theres no trainer online, i try to remind people nicely of the ROE. That helps for most. Once I went to MA and sought a trainer there to calm down TA. Thats about as far as I go.

Now i need a translation help. WTH is a "mackeral"?

Offline fuzeman

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
Ta Motd
« Reply #7 on: September 06, 2005, 10:05:14 PM »
A type of fish one would get slapped with for doing something stupid, like in a cartoon.
In the TA it would be the blue or yellow Trainer text I guess :)
"Im no trainer so i wont start playing TA police. If i feel things are getting out of hand and theres no trainer online, i try to remind people nicely of the ROE. That helps for most."
That what I used to do before I was invited to the Trainer Corps, be careful :)

Offline Schatzi

• Platinum Member
Ta Motd
« Reply #8 on: September 07, 2005, 07:35:36 AM »
Originally posted by fuze
That what I used to do before I was invited to the Trainer Corps, be careful :)

Ill keep checking my six ;).
« Last Edit: September 07, 2005, 07:42:53 AM by Schatzi »