Author Topic: Sorry Liberals, the truth hurts...  (Read 1237 times)

Offline hblair

• Platinum Member
      • http://www.cybrtyme.com/personal/hblair/mainpage.htm
Sorry Liberals, the truth hurts...
« Reply #15 on: December 15, 2000, 08:45:00 PM »
DUBYA is da stuff!

Offline leonid

• Copper Member
« Reply #16 on: December 15, 2000, 10:50:00 PM »
Many Republicans just don't get it.  The United States of America is split 50/50 (only 50% voted? well, think of it as a really large poll, then).  There is an entire other half of the nation that is liberal.  Where's the vindication of conservative values in that?  A co-worker of mine, a young moderate Republican, has told me people like him are waiting for the 'Old Guard' to to leave politics, so that the GOP can return to more productive legislation.  And, while he had problems with Clinton, the Lewinsky thing was not one of them.

Udie, you need to talk to other people besides your deeply conservative friends if you want to really understand what an uphill battle Bush has in store.  An interesting note is Bush's pick for Energy Secretary, Senator Breaux, a Democrat.  Sen.Breaux has already told Bush he wasn't interested, and Breaux is a conservative Democrat.  

[This message has been edited by leonid (edited 12-15-2000).]
ingame: Raz

Offline Dinger

• Silver Member
« Reply #17 on: December 15, 2000, 11:46:00 PM »
Uh leonid, with all due respect:
the secretary of energy is the guy who gets to oversee the massively expensive spray-and-pray missile defense.  Previous SOEs have gotten screwed as they are partisan appointments to probably the easiest partisan target out there.  The last (democrat) SOE saw his career get ruined over a misplaced hard drive and a possible (read: nonexistent) espionage case.  The (republican) SOEs before him got screwed on nonexistent environmental issues.  You have to be pretty stupid, ideologically motivated or near death to agree to be Secretary of Energy these days.

Offline Nash

• Plutonium Member
      • http://sbm.boomzoom.org/
« Reply #18 on: December 16, 2000, 05:06:00 AM »
Dinger is right. Anybody who would accept that post is just askin' for it. He knows it, I know it, hell... Breaux certainly knew it. So what does that say, really, about W's 'gesture'. Not a lot.

But that wasn't Leonid's point, was it? "An interesting note", he said... and indeed it is... But still, it aint fair to focus on that 'note' as if it were the gist of Leonid's comment.

Offline Swoop

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #19 on: December 16, 2000, 06:30:00 AM »
Hmmmmm.  It's a shame Bush is totally clueless tho.

I mean you only have to look at him to see he simply *looks* like a complete gimboid. As soon as he opens his mouth he confirms it.

What was it he said once? "Our future successes will be defined by the success of our future endeavours" or something like that.  Er.....yeah ok. Bush has got to be the daftest bloke I've ever seen on the TV (and that includes everyone who's ever been on the Jerry Springer show).

Gimme a break, when a man of Bush's intellect can be elected president of the most powerful nation on earth it's time to pack up and move back to Saturn where it's safe.

So long and thanks for all the fish.

Swoop

Offline -ammo-

• Platinum Member
« Reply #20 on: December 16, 2000, 07:46:00 AM »

Originally posted by Swoop:
Hmmmmm.  It's a shame Bush is totally clueless tho.

I mean you only have to look at him to see he simply *looks* like a complete gimboid. As soon as he opens his mouth he confirms it.

What was it he said once? "Our future successes will be defined by the success of our future endeavours" or something like that.  Er.....yeah ok. Bush has got to be the daftest bloke I've ever seen on the TV (and that includes everyone who's ever been on the Jerry Springer show).

Gimme a break, when a man of Bush's intellect can be elected president of the most powerful nation on earth it's time to pack up and move back to Saturn where it's safe.

So long and thanks for all the fish.

Swoop

Cya later, next shuttle launch is..... im not sure actually.

Commanding Officer, 56 Fighter Group
Retired USAF - 1988 - 2011

Offline -ammo-

• Platinum Member
« Reply #21 on: December 16, 2000, 07:49:00 AM »

Originally posted by Nash:
So what does that say, really, about W's 'gesture'. Not a lot.

Gesture? it is more like a strategic move, I hope the LA senator takes it. It is time for this country to do a "180" away from the "clinton/gore" ideology. The more conservative the better.

Commanding Officer, 56 Fighter Group
Retired USAF - 1988 - 2011