Author Topic: The "Christmas Party":  (Read 359 times)

Offline Ripsnort

• Radioactive Member
The "Christmas Party":
« on: December 18, 2000, 12:27:00 PM »
"Ahhh, what a diverse world we live in today!

DATE: Oct 1
 RE: Christmas Party

I'm happy to inform you  that the office Christmas Party will take place on December 23, starting  at noon in the banquet room at Luigi's OpenPit Barbecue. No-host bar, but  plenty of eggnog!

We'll have a small band playing traditional carols  .. feel free to sing along. And don't be surprised if our General Manager  shows up dressed as Santa Claus!

DATE:  Oct 2
 RE: Christmas Party

In no way was yesterday's memo intended to  exclude our Jewish employees. We recognize that Chanukah is an important holiday  which often coincides with Christmas, though unfortunately not this year.  However, from now on we're calling it our "Holiday Party." The same policy  applies to employees who are celebrating Kwanzaa at this time. Happy now?

DATE: Oct 3
 RE:  Holiday Party

Regarding the note I received from a member of  Alcoholics Anonymous requesting a non-drinking table...you didn't sign your  name. I'm happy to accommodate this request, but if I put a sign on a table that reads, "AA Only," you wouldn't be anonymous anymore. How am I  supposed to handle this? Somebody?

DATE: Oct 7
 RE: Holiday Party

What a diverse company we  are! I had no idea that December 20 begins the Muslim holy month of  Ramadan, which forbids eating, drinking and intimacy during daylight hours. There goes the party! Seriously, we can appreciate
how a luncheon this time of  year does not accommodate our Muslim employees beliefs. Perhaps Luigi's can hold  off on serving your meal until the end of the party, or else package everything  for take-home in little foil swans. Will that work?
Meanwhile, I've arranged for members of Overeaters  Anonymous to sit farthest from the dessert buffet and pregnant women will get  the table closest to the restrooms. Did I miss anything?

DATE: Oct 8
 RE: Holiday  Party

So December 22 marks the Winter Solstice...what do  you expect ME to do,
a tap-dance on your heads? Fire regulations  at Luigi's prohibit the burning of sage by our "earth-based Goddess worshipping" employees, but we'll try to accommodate
your shamanic drumming  circle during the band's breaks. Okay???

DATE:  Oct 9
 RE: Holiday Party

People, people, nothing sinister was intended  by having our General Manager dress up like Santa Claus! Even if the anagram of "Santa" does happen to be Satan," there is no evil
connotation to our own "littleman in a red suit." It's a tradition, folks, like sugar  shock at Halloween or family feuds over the
Thanksgiving turkey or broken hearts on Valentine's Day. Could we lighten up?

DATE: Oct 10
 RE: Holiday  Party

Vegetarians!?!?!? I've had it with you people!!! We're  going to keep this party at Luigi's Open Pit Barbecue whether you
like it or  not, so you can sit quietly at the table furthest from the "*! $%*&$ grill of  death," as you so quaintly put it, and you'll get your #$%^&*! salad bar, including hydroponic tomatoes...but you know, they have feelings, too.  Tomatoes scream when you slice them. I've heard them scream, I'm  hearing them scream right now!

DATE: Oct 14
 RE: Ms. Pat Smith and  Holiday Party

I'm sure I speak for all of us in wishing Pat Smith a  speedy recovery from her stress-related illness and I'll continue to
forward  your cards to her at the sanitarium.

In the meantime, management has  decided to cancel our Holiday Party and give everyone the afternoon of the 23rd off with full pay.

Happy Holidays

Offline Saintaw

• Platinum Member
      • My blog
The "Christmas Party":
« Reply #1 on: December 19, 2000, 03:08:00 AM »
Hehehe, need stress relief too  
Saw
Dirty, nasty furriner.

TheWobble

The "Christmas Party":
« Reply #2 on: December 19, 2000, 05:41:00 AM »
My god this pokes at the part of socity i like the least! good job!!