Author Topic: 75 mm HE round of LVT  (Read 196 times)

Offline ghostdancer

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Platinum Member
75 mm HE round of LVT
« on: September 18, 2005, 12:25:51 PM »
We just ran the last frame of the Squad Ops OperationHusky and were planning to simulate the actual invasion of Sicily by a mass LVT invasion opposed be M8s.

We did extensive testing and found that the 75 mm HE round of the LVT4 bounces off all armor vehicles. I understand it having no affect on T34, Panzer, or Tiger .. but for it to bounce off of the light skin vehicles seemed a little far fetched.

We fired 20 rounds into a M3, M8, LVT2, LVT4, and Ostwind at 400 yards and at 90 yards .. all of the rounds bounced off and did absolutely no damage.

Although you could shoot out the wheels or treades of these vehicles.

A single .50 cal machine was able to blow up all of these vehicles at 90 yards with about 100 rounds.

I would think that while a HE has a lot less affect on armor than an AP round, that it should still have some affect on the very lightly armored vehicles such as the M3, LVT2, LVT4, M8.

Didn't seem to matter if both vehicles moved first before firing or not or if the target vehicle was an open top or not.

So I am assuming this is a bug since in AH1 LVT4's 75 mm HE was able to damage other light armor vehicles.
X.O. 29th TFT, "We Move Mountains"
CM Terrain Team