Author Topic: Killing tight bomber formations (film)  (Read 708 times)

Offline Wilbus

• Platinum Member
Killing tight bomber formations (film)
« on: September 01, 2005, 12:37:29 PM »
Hey all, thought I'd post a little training film on how to kill bomber formations.

As always with bombers there is always a chance of getting shot down even if you do it right. I take some hits during these attacks but most of them are spread out and non of them hit critical.

Best way to attack bomber formations is in a plane with as few vulnerable/critical parts as possible. Radial planes beind the best most of the time.

I intended to make this a buff hunting sortie from the beginníng as I noticed several groups of 6-9 bombers attack our field the sortie before, more organized then usual.

Plane is the 190 A8, 4x20mm guns.

Posting to links.

Here you will need to click on download then "Download file now".

This is hopefully a direct link. Let me know if they don't work, they are stored on free webspace so one never knows.

If anyone has webspace to share for some films let me know ;)
Rasmus "Wilbus" Mattsson

Liberating Livestock since 1998, recently returned from a 5 year Sheep-care training camp.

Offline Wilbus

• Platinum Member
« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2005, 12:40:29 PM »
OK ONE MORE THING.

The page hosting the file is apperently DAMN slow. It's not a big file though and should take no more then 5 minutes even at the slow rate it downloads with.

This link will probarly not work for anyone but me...
« Last Edit: September 01, 2005, 12:48:53 PM by Wilbus »
Rasmus "Wilbus" Mattsson

Liberating Livestock since 1998, recently returned from a 5 year Sheep-care training camp.

Offline Bronk

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #2 on: September 01, 2005, 02:02:42 PM »
wil  nice job and thanx for posting .
« Last Edit: September 01, 2005, 02:26:07 PM by Bronk »
See Rule #4

Offline Wilbus

• Platinum Member
« Reply #3 on: September 01, 2005, 05:57:43 PM »
NEW LINK. Thanks Morph :)

Here

Should be alot faster and stable.
Rasmus "Wilbus" Mattsson

Offline Krusty

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #4 on: September 05, 2005, 03:09:38 PM »
Hey Wilbus, I noticed that you make REALLY slow moves (and even lost a position or maybe two because you couldn't pull the nose around in time) -- was this deliberate, i.e. saving as much E with gentle moves, or was this because of high speed compression at the time?

Offline Wilbus

• Platinum Member
« Reply #5 on: September 06, 2005, 03:11:30 AM »
Hey Krusty :)

Yes I often make slow moves, usually to conserve E. Rolling doesn't burn much E but if you pull up too hard you will burn alot more then you should. Many people go straight up after a pass on bombers (or fighters). If you do this a couple of times you will lose the advantage faster and need start normal climbing instead of zooms.

Another reason for not pulling up hard i sthat, if you do pull up you will lose speed faster, losing speed faster means you will stay close to the bombers for a longer period of time, this is the exact thing you do NOT want.

Making a slow pull up, extending away infront of the bombers will get you out of the way quicker.

I lose some possitions from time to time, it is probarly because I lose the bombers behind the big a** cockpit bars in the 190. High speed "from the side" passes can be tough to line up on even if you have a good cockpit (ie P51).
Rasmus "Wilbus" Mattsson

Offline Todd420

• Zinc Member
« Reply #6 on: September 25, 2005, 03:01:02 AM »
Intresting attack angle,those must have been noobie gunners in those 17's.The high 12 is the best attack position by far.
Come in at a steep angle from in front  of them,and make
a slashing attack across 2 of the planes,always keeping them in the #3 gun position.Some people are more deadly in the 17 guns than others,but all in all  it was a good film at that.

I am curious why you made a frontal pass on granloups 17?

The one gun on the 17 which never runs out of ammo it seems is the #5 position,and 1 of the deadliest positions if i may add.

Is there a reason you do not use the  Mk 108?Do you opt for more ammo?

Offline SkyWolf

• Nickel Member
« Reply #7 on: September 25, 2005, 08:47:13 AM »
Killer. Very informative.

Offline SkyWolf

• Nickel Member
« Reply #8 on: September 25, 2005, 08:48:13 AM »
Originally posted by Pinchehoto
Intresting attack angle,those must have been noobie gunners in those 17's.The high 12 is the best attack position by far.
Come in at a steep angle from in front  of them,and make
a slashing attack across 2 of the planes,always keeping them in the #3 gun position.Some people are more deadly in the 17 guns than others,but all in all  it was a good film at that.

I am curious why you made a frontal pass on granloups 17?

The one gun on the 17 which never runs out of ammo it seems is the #5 position,and 1 of the deadliest positions if i may add.

Is there a reason you do not use the  Mk 108?Do you opt for more ammo?

Wow... you must be very good. Post one of yours.

Offline GooseAW

• Nickel Member
      • http://www.chawks.com
« Reply #9 on: September 25, 2005, 09:20:28 AM »
12 O'clock is FAR from the best attack angle Pinche Gringo. From any level.

10 and 2 would technically be the best I think. But we all take bad angles sometimes..due to lack of patience typically on my part anyway.

What's your in game name by the way? I would love to wing you and learn.

Nice film Wilbuz!

Offline GooseAW

• Nickel Member
      • http://www.chawks.com
« Reply #10 on: September 25, 2005, 09:22:13 AM »
SkyWolf!

I see you live in Palm Harbor! I live in Belleair Bluffs.
Howdy Neighbor!

Offline SkyWolf

• Nickel Member
« Reply #11 on: September 25, 2005, 11:11:27 AM »
Originally posted by GooseAW
SkyWolf!

I see you live in Palm Harbor! I live in Belleair Bluffs.
Howdy Neighbor!

Very cool. It's nice to know I'm not the only one in this are who's wife thinks he's nuts!