Author Topic: F4U-4 Gear Down Film  (Read 447 times)

Offline SirLoin

• Platinum Member
F4U-4 Gear Down Film
« on: October 19, 2005, 06:59:31 PM »
I have a good film that shows you how you can use the airbrakes on a Corsair...If interested i can email it to ya.

I hear too many times how people say Corsairs fly like a pig...If you use the gear & flaps together you can outturn almost anything.

mapmusic@mountaincable.net
**JOKER'S JOKERS**

Offline Krusty

• Radioactive Member
F4U-4 Gear Down Film
« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2005, 08:07:18 PM »
Note, however, that people use the gears the wrong way most of the time I see them. They try to use the gears in upward zooms, while trying to follow me.. this is stupid because it will slow you down, bleed your E, and let me rope them quite easily.

So people, don't use gear while climbing or zooming, okay?

This public message brought to you by the letters G, R, and the number 8.

Offline SirLoin

• Platinum Member
F4U-4 Gear Down Film
« Reply #2 on: October 19, 2005, 08:23:27 PM »
i disagree..the gear down helps u turn better.
**JOKER'S JOKERS**

Offline mechanic

• Plutonium Member
F4U-4 Gear Down Film
« Reply #3 on: October 19, 2005, 09:29:48 PM »
in truth the gear down hurts the aerodynamics but the increased drag and slower speed will/can make the difference in a close fight and in overshoot situations they can make the few yards difference between a ram and a snapshot.

i cant believe anyone would use them to chase a zooming higher plane unless you were flying in the TA krusty :)
And I don't know much, but I do know this. With a golden heart comes a rebel fist.

Offline Balsy

• Nickel Member
F4U-4 Gear Down Film
« Reply #4 on: October 20, 2005, 07:34:29 AM »
One of my favorite things to do is swoop down on a low plane at high speeds, and slam on the brakes when they go for the overshoot, gear down, cross controls works 90% of the time.

Balsy