Author Topic: Ah.. CTD when taking off..  (Read 240 times)

Online rabbidrabbit

• Gold Member
Ah.. CTD when taking off..
« on: October 23, 2005, 10:00:53 PM »
Have not been playing for a while so I downloaded and tried the new version.  As soon as I click a runway to take off from I CTD and get this in my event viewer:

Faulting application aceshigh.exe, version 0.0.0.0, faulting module msvcrt.dll, version 7.0.3790.1830, fault address 0x000320a9.

For more information, see Help and Support Center at http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/events.asp.

Faulting application aceshigh.exe, version 0.0.0.0, faulting module msvcrt.dll, version 7.0.3790.1830, fault address 0x000320a9.

For more information, see Help and Support Center at http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/events.asp.

Any ideas?

Skuzzy..  Do you guys also have any plan of fixing the dual cpu bug?  Not really wild about having to reboot and shut down a cpu just for this game..

Offline Skuzzy

• Support Member
  • Administrator
      • HiTech Creations Home Page
« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2005, 06:40:07 AM »
First, we cannot fix a dual-CPU bug.  It is not something we have control over.  This is OS/driver related.

Next, the crash you are experiencing usually happens if you have the incorrect video card drivers loaded, or also could be sound card related.
Roy "Skuzzy" Neese
support@hitechcreations.com

Online rabbidrabbit

• Gold Member
« Reply #2 on: October 24, 2005, 07:55:59 AM »
Skuzzy.. I'll take another look at my vid and sound drivers but I'm still confused about your dual core cpu position.  If it's not you then why is AH the only app that I have that dies when you run it on a dual core machine?  It has to be something and if it universal on my machine why is it only one app out of dozens with the problem?

Any particular pointer towards the ctd issue?

It fires up and works up until I hit a runway direction button.  It then just CTD's out with the above error.

Offline Skuzzy

• Support Member
  • Administrator
« Reply #3 on: October 24, 2005, 09:04:26 AM »
We actually do some threading in the game.  Plus, the game is a DirectX application.  Normal Windows apps are not.

If dual core was an issue in the game itself, the game would not run on any Intel HT (hyper-threaded) system.  Dual core is just an extension of Intel's hyper-threading (next level implementation) and has been around for a few years now.

Regardless, it is not something we have anu control over.  That is several layers of software removed from us.

What video card do you have?
Roy "Skuzzy" Neese

Offline RTR

• Gold Member
« Reply #4 on: October 24, 2005, 09:15:12 AM »
This may be way off base, but here goes anyway.

Have you checked in your squads folder lately?  Done any changes to noseart at all?  Have a look in your squads folder and see if your noseart is there.

The last time this happened to me (click on R/W and ctd immediately) it was a nose art problem.  You may have a problem with your nose art. When you go to spawn an aircraft, the computer looks for the nose art. If its not there, or is configured wrong...pooof.

Just a thought. I don't recall getting the error codes you ae getting though.

hope this helps.

cheers,
RTR
The Damned

Offline Skuzzy

• Support Member
  • Administrator
« Reply #5 on: October 24, 2005, 10:32:10 AM »
Yes, bad noseart can definately cause a CTD when spawning to the runway.
Roy "Skuzzy" Neese

Offline Roscoroo

• Plutonium Member
      • http://www.roscoroo.com/
« Reply #6 on: October 24, 2005, 10:38:51 AM »
it could be sound related too ... ck the drivers ,and excelleration . also some usb type headsets can cause this too .
Roscoroo ,
"Of course at Uncle Teds restaurant , you have the option to shoot them yourself"  Ted Nugent
(=Ghosts=Scenariroo's  Patch donation

Offline straffo

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #7 on: October 24, 2005, 10:47:19 AM »
Try to up in another plane just for a check, I had CTD in the past only for the 109F4 because the engine sound was corrupted ...

Online rabbidrabbit

• Gold Member
« Reply #8 on: October 24, 2005, 11:18:20 AM »
OK,

I'm vectoring in on the problem.  History was it was running fine last time I flew but that was about 2 patches ago.  Last night, I downloaded the updates and this happened.  I tried deleting everything in the nose art folder but had the same problem.  Up to this point I was only trying the p47d40 and p47n.  I tried a bunch of other stuff per some advice here and they all worked so it looks like the p47's are fragged for me.  Skuzzy, to be sure. what should I delete out for the p47's to purge them out?