Author Topic: Hot Pad Armament  (Read 1105 times)

Offline Skilless

• Persona Non Grata
  • Nickel Member
      • http://www.4remnants.com
Hot Pad Armament
« on: October 17, 2005, 03:39:37 PM »
I'd like to see a pop-up window when on the hot pad to choose different armament and fuel loadout.

For example you could go from an attack posture in a P51 with 50% fuel and 1000ilb bombs to a base defense fighter posture with 25% fuel and no bombs.  Granted you can just drop the bombs as soon as they're loaded but with the current system the fuel issue is unresolvable.

Also I would like to be able to  reload cargo in the c47 from the hot pad.  Multiple supply runs on the same flight session without towering should result in exponential perk rewards.  For example: First run 2 perks, second run 3 perks, 3rd run 4 perks, land and tower with a total of 9 perk points.  The same rules should apply when resupplying with ground vehicles.

Perhaps if the unglamorous base supply runs were a little more rewarding more people would contribute.

Offline lasersailor184

• Plutonium Member
Hot Pad Armament
« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2005, 09:26:15 PM »
I believe the way the system works would not allow you to resupply the airfield supplies.

The way it works is that you cannot resupply your own field.

However, if you can hot pad the goon at a different field, you could just keep dropping supplies and getting more without moving.
Punishr - N.D.M. Back in the air.
8.) Lasersailor 73 "Will lead the impending revolution from his keyboard"

Offline Skilless

• Persona Non Grata
  • Nickel Member
Hot Pad Armament
« Reply #2 on: October 17, 2005, 09:32:21 PM »
If troops and supplies is the last thing to come back up when resupplying, this is a non-issue.  You can't resupply from a base that troops and suplies are down at, and if the troops and supplies are up at that base then perks will not be awarded for dropping there.

Offline lasersailor184

• Plutonium Member
Hot Pad Armament
« Reply #3 on: October 17, 2005, 10:04:01 PM »
It's not a non issue.  Troops and Supplies are Sometimes down.  You can't put it in based off of the sometimes alone.
Punishr - N.D.M. Back in the air.
8.) Lasersailor 73 "Will lead the impending revolution from his keyboard"

Offline Krusty

• Radioactive Member
Hot Pad Armament
« Reply #4 on: October 17, 2005, 10:29:16 PM »
But, in order of importance it resupplies field ack, then (guesstimating here) dar, hangars, then I think gas/ord/troops...

So if a field is totally porked, you can't re-arm with another set of supplies -- if the ord is still down. See what he's saying?

Offline fuzeman

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
Hot Pad Armament
« Reply #5 on: October 18, 2005, 02:23:15 PM »
I don't think there is a priority on resupply.
I think it's all time related but would need Mr. Know-it-all to confirm that.
If there were priorities you could hit a base's barracks and some other thing.
Just by returning and hitting another strat target before barracks come up you could keep it down indefinately.
IMO that would cause problems.
Far too many, if not most, people on this Board post just to say something opposed to posting when they have something to say.

"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG54

Offline Skilless

• Persona Non Grata
  • Nickel Member
Hot Pad Armament
« Reply #6 on: October 31, 2005, 03:32:02 PM »
To take it back to my original request, I'd like to see a pop-up window when on the re-arm pad to choose different fuel/ammo load-outs.  I got this idea from a nascar game.  When you pull into the pits, it askes you what tires you want changed, how much air in each, how much fuel do you want, ect.  It would be nice to have this in AH.  This way you could change your fuel load out or not load bombs or rockets if you choose not to.

This would make people want to rearm more rather than tower, which in my opinion adds to realism.  It would allow people to reup with bombs even if ord has been taken out but also would make them vulnerable to the vultch while sitting there.

Also it would be cool if when you hotpad, you're having less work done, it would take less time to do the work.  For example, if you're only putting 1/4 fuel in, it shouldn't take as long as if you were getting 1/2 fuel.  And if you're not getting bombs, it shouldn't take as long as if you were...

I would just like to switch from attack mode to base defense without towering.  Sometimes it seems like I'm the only one who uses the hot pad...

Offline frank3

• Plutonium Member
Hot Pad Armament
« Reply #7 on: October 31, 2005, 05:43:44 PM »
Next thing is having original reload times, sit on the re-arm pad for half an hour to refuel :lol

Offline Krusty

• Radioactive Member
Hot Pad Armament
« Reply #8 on: October 31, 2005, 07:33:55 PM »
and 20 minutes while they reload all your ammo and grease it up as they load it.

And another half our to load up and DTs and bombs while 5 animated airmen struggle to actually place the bomb on the bomb rack.

I think it's asking too much.

Plus it takes far FAR longer to actually taxi to the damn rearm pads than it does to land, tower, hangar, click twice, hit a runway and re-up. You can go to clipboard, to hangar, change a loadout and respawn in less time than it takes to taxi 1/4 the runway on a large field. And it's much easier.

Only reason to do it the "long" way is if the field won't let you do things, in which case it's bombed anyways, and if ord is out you can't bomb up, and if you want 25% and are stuck with 50%, that's better than real pilots that had to take mostly full tanks every time they took off.

Offline Skilless

• Persona Non Grata
  • Nickel Member
Hot Pad Armament
« Reply #9 on: October 31, 2005, 07:52:57 PM »
When I rearm I only use the last 1/3 of the runway and coast right onto the hot pad.  What I'm saying is that if you're only getting 1/4 tank of fuel, hotpad wait should only take, say, 15 secs, rivaling the time to tower and reup.  The only time it should take the full 30 sec is if you're getting 100% fuel, bombs, and rockets and drop tanks.  Maybe my idea is a little gamey, but I wouldn't say towering and instantly reupping is any less gamey.

Offline Krusty

• Radioactive Member
Hot Pad Armament
« Reply #10 on: October 31, 2005, 08:37:24 PM »
I understand that.

Going by the options, though, if you've got "Gamey option 1" and "gamey option 2" what's the dif? Just tower and reup :)  

Offline GreenCloud

• Silver Member
Hot Pad Armament
« Reply #11 on: November 01, 2005, 02:16:58 AM »
krusty its so we can get more Kills up on Spotlights

It takes patience skill.luck to get double digits on a regular basis

thats what i love reloaf for..flying around with 10+ kills compared to 3 make syou much more ..."sensitive" on your SA