Author Topic: Elite Skins  (Read 600 times)

Offline Skilless

• Persona Non Grata
  • Nickel Member
      • http://www.4remnants.com
Elite Skins
« on: November 14, 2005, 04:44:15 PM »
I was thinking today as I was getting my *** handed to me in the MA and I thought, wouldn't it be neat if there were skins that were only available to people with a high enough rank?  At first I thought of perking skins but I don't think people would spend perks to look different (could be wrong).  Then I thought about skins that would only be available to the elite ranks.  Say skins that can only be used if your fighter score is under 200.  You could even tier it so that you would have skins for people under 200, skins for people under 100, and maybe a special skin for the person ranked number 1.  While I understand that the majority of the planes in the game only have the default skin, maybe what I'm thinking of isn't a skin at all but a designation, something like each squads unique nose art, except a designation of current rank, just like the military uses symbols to designate rank.

Offline SuperDud

• Platinum Member
Elite Skins
« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2005, 04:56:32 PM »
It's been brought up before. Not a bad idea. But rank doesn't really prove much. I saw someone who is ranked #1 almost every tour get it handed to him by someone with a rank of 1000 or lower. Sure, I guess it would be fun to chase down the score potatos. So yeah, I say good idea:D
SuperDud
++Blue Knights++

Offline SirLoin

• Platinum Member
Elite Skins
« Reply #2 on: November 14, 2005, 06:07:57 PM »
Perk skins would be great...!:aok
**JOKER'S JOKERS**

Offline Tails

• Nickel Member
Elite Skins
« Reply #3 on: November 14, 2005, 06:23:58 PM »
If they make perk-skins, I wanna have the ability to upload your own. Say, certain number of perks to upload it, then a smaller number to fly with it.
BBTT KTLI KDRU HGQK GDKA SODA HMQP ACES KQTP TLZF LKHQ JAWS SMZJ IDDS RLLS CHAV JEUS BDLI WFJH WQZQ FTXM WUTL KH

(Yup, foxy got an Enigma to play with)

Offline RAIDER14

• Gold Member
Elite Skins
« Reply #4 on: November 14, 2005, 06:32:49 PM »
why not just show the little symbols on the side of the plane of how much planes the person has shot down

http://www.coastcomp.com/av/fltline2/imgwwII/p51_4.jpg
The little red symbols show many planes that pilot has shot down

Offline JB42

• Nickel Member
Elite Skins
« Reply #5 on: November 14, 2005, 07:48:28 PM »
The experten designs on the 109 vertical stabilizer would be sweet :)
" The only thing upping from the CV are lifejackets." - JB15

" Does this Pony make my butt look fat?" - JB11

" I'd rather shoot down 1 Spit in a 109 than 10 109s in a Spit." - JB42

Offline SMIDSY

• Silver Member
Elite Skins
« Reply #6 on: November 14, 2005, 09:22:33 PM »
yah, cuz right now the default LA LA skin is that of the elite LA LA units. so ironically the red nosed ones mark the noobs.