Author Topic: Thanks from the Spit fanatics  (Read 489 times)

Offline Karnak

• Radioactive Member
Thanks from the Spit fanatics
« Reply #15 on: November 11, 2005, 01:23:33 AM »
I also like that the gear and flap indicators on the upper surface of the Spitfire's wings now work.  You have visual indicator if the flaps or gear are down.
Petals floating by,
      Drift through my woman's hand,
             As she remembers me-

Offline Cooley

• Silver Member
« Reply #16 on: November 11, 2005, 01:35:47 AM »
Holy Woot Woot ! just got home for work,,,cya in there
Cooleyof 367th

Offline Bruno

• Silver Member
      • http://4jg53.org
« Reply #17 on: November 11, 2005, 01:40:19 AM »
there was at one time calls to perk the Hurri IIC (Hizookas)...

The XVI seems pretty sweet. It climbs real well, rolls well and packs a good punch, of course folks will want it perked. Imagine if it was modeled at 25lb boost. It would cost more the the XIV...

Offline Karnak

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #18 on: November 11, 2005, 01:45:48 AM »
Bruno,

Indeed.  That is why I backed off the +25lbs boost a long time ago.  It was going to be way too much and the performance on the +18lbs version bears out those concerns.  Pyro was right to not give it +25lbs boost.

The Mk XIV could really use the +21lbs to justify being perked though.  Especially give the performance of the Mk VIII and Mk XVI.
Petals floating by,
      Drift through my woman's hand,
             As she remembers me-

Offline Squire

• Aces High CM Staff (Retired)
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #19 on: November 11, 2005, 02:55:39 AM »
Found another source on the 2nd TAF use of 150 octane, before you say "oh please no", hang on. It indicates early Feb 45 for 126 Wing (RCAF)(Invasions Without Tears, by Monty Berger), so again, I think a +25 lb XVIE would have been a mistake. It did use it to be sure...but only in the last 4 months of the war, and at some point game balance and a degree of "what was the most common" does come into play. If it only ever used 150 then I could see making a case for it...

Personally I think its a dream at +18 lbs performance. Perhaps the best dogfighter in AH now, with air ground ord to boot.
Warloc
Friday Squad Ops CM Team
1841 Squadron Fleet Air Arm
Aces High since Tour 24