Author Topic: Bombing Calibration?  (Read 429 times)

Offline SKJohn

• Nickel Member
Bombing Calibration?
« on: November 26, 2005, 11:21:35 AM »
Is it my vicodin taking over, or did HTC revert to the older style bombing calibration method?  When I tried to calibrate a bomber, it came up with the old "hold the sight on a spot and hold down the Y key for 2 seconds".

Please tell me that I'm not having hallucinations.....

Offline Flit

• Silver Member
Bombing Calibration?
« Reply #1 on: November 26, 2005, 12:45:45 PM »
Nope, still the same.
You do not have too "hold on one spot" etc, the key is to make sure your speed has stablized and doors are open

Offline Pooface

• Gold Member
Bombing Calibration?
« Reply #2 on: November 26, 2005, 12:47:52 PM »
it is a faeture that can be turned on or off. if you were in h2h, it may not have been turned on, and you would have needed to manually calibrate. the DA doesnt have it enabled either, but AFAIK, its the only arena without it

Offline TequilaChaser

• AH Training Corps - Retired
  • Plutonium Member
      • The Damned - founded by Ptero in 1988
Bombing Calibration?
« Reply #3 on: November 26, 2005, 01:06:38 PM »
but it would be nice to go back to the 2nd revision of the bombing calibration.....ie the hard way verses the 1st or 3rd way as it is now. IT seems to easy...........:)
"When one considers just what they should say to a new pilot who is logging in Aces High, the mind becomes confused in the complex maze of info it is necessary for the new player to know. All of it is important; most of it vital; and all of it just too much for one brain to absorb in 1-2 lessons" TC

Offline rod367th

• Silver Member
Bombing Calibration?
« Reply #4 on: November 26, 2005, 03:51:46 PM »
bombing was never tough in ah when you learned calibration. Kev 367th and myself use to love going HQ mission before 163 came out and HQ harden. Could fly in hq 33-35k   drop entire load on hq get 3 ddars dead and watch other team cry. But they cried so much HTC put 163 in game now HQ only hit when team getting ganged at end of war. took away some great fun................... only secret to bombing in ah was SPEED SPEEED SPEEEED. .........................

Offline LYNX

• Gold Member
Bombing Calibration?
« Reply #5 on: November 26, 2005, 07:50:41 PM »
Constant speed, level alt, f6 press "U" hold "Y" press "U" again......THATS it.  Easy bleedin peasy :aok

Offline FBRaptor

• Copper Member
      • http://www.freebirdshome.us
Bombing Calibration?
« Reply #6 on: November 28, 2005, 12:00:15 AM »
Are you serious that you do not have to hold the sight on one spot while you hold the Y key down anymore?? As of last week, I am still doing that. Did I miss that memo? :)

Offline GreenCloud

• Silver Member
Bombing Calibration?
« Reply #7 on: November 28, 2005, 12:17:52 AM »
yes raptor..we are back to LAZER bombing again..kinda sucks but owell

if you want to make sure you calibrated correctly..bring out your e6b after you calibrate...compare yur speeds to make sure you havent changed after calib...i try to hold calibrate for 10 seconds

Offline Mr No Name

• Silver Member
Bombing Calibration?
« Reply #8 on: November 28, 2005, 04:41:26 AM »
I have been using the old method!  same result though, everything smacks the target
Vote R.E. Lee '24

Offline SKJohn

• Nickel Member
Bombing Calibration?
« Reply #9 on: November 28, 2005, 10:38:22 AM »
This started when I downloaded the
"low-medium-high bomber practice" from the training forum that was made by Morpheus.  Maybe he set it that way for that map - I don't know.  But I know my brother was sitting here when I showed him and he couldn't beleive it either.  Yesterday I upped a B-26 in the MA and it was back to the modern "easy button" mode of bombing.