Author Topic: Has anyone seen Lord of The Rings?  (Read 2326 times)

Offline Zigrat

• Nickel Member
Has anyone seen Lord of The Rings?
« Reply #45 on: December 30, 2001, 11:06:00 PM »
i loved it

however my sister (who read the hobbit but not lotr) andd some otehr non enlightened friends were pissed off with the ending. i didnt mind because thats how it ended! but tyhey didnt like it.

i thought aragorn did a FANTASTIC job. i would say he is the best actor of the bunch imo. yes i found it a bit hard to see past agent smith. also i thought the hobbits were too human. well too skinny. i thought hobbits were pudgier. and from book 1 i dont think sauroman seemed so bad right off the bat? i really need to re read it.

the mines of moria were breathtaking, as was the opening battle scene. all in all an excellent film, probably one of the best i have ever seen (other favs are godfather 1 and 2, and shawshank redemption and matrix)

Offline koala

• Copper Member
Has anyone seen Lord of The Rings?
« Reply #46 on: January 02, 2002, 02:19:00 PM »
Excellent adaptation of my favorite books.  When I recognized the movie was near the end I was surprised because it had seemed much less than 3 hours at that point.  The fall of Gandalf was right out of my imagination.
The casting was superb.  The roles of Aragorn, Frodo, Sam, Bilbo, Gandalf, Boromir, and Gimli were chosen very well IMO.