Author Topic: SpitV  (Read 766 times)

Offline Kev367th

• Platinum Member
SpitV
« Reply #15 on: November 19, 2005, 06:43:41 PM »
Most variants yes, but for one reason -
It was the RAFs main fighter all the way through the war.
Its opponents were 109s AND 190s not one or the other.
So add the total 109s and 190s together, doesn't look so bad (or good depending on point of view) for the Spits now, does it?
AMD Phenom II X6 1100T
Asus M3N-HT mobo
2 x 2Gb Corsair 1066 DDR2 memory

Offline AKFokerFoder+

• Nickel Member
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: SpitV
« Reply #16 on: November 19, 2005, 06:46:27 PM »
Originally posted by Shane
yeah that was probably me, but then i fly an la7 like nobody. :aok

i do agree the 109 series got the short end of the stick in the latest version.:furious

I'd love to learn how to fly like that, :)

I just don't seem to be able to make the "snap" at the top of a vertical roll.

I've tried combat trim off, lots of up elevator, cutting engine, turning engine off, rudder, no rudder, flaps, no flaps.

I just suck at this game :(

But I do a decent drive by shooting :)

Offline Grits

• Platinum Member
SpitV
« Reply #17 on: November 19, 2005, 08:13:02 PM »
Originally posted by Kev367th
Dunno why, but the Seafire IIc is also at 12lbs, that SHOULD be 16.

Because at 12+ boost and 240 rnds of 20mm it can be used as a standin for the Vc in scenarios and the CT. Yeah, its a little heavier, but its close enough. If it was at 16+ then it makes the IX redundant just like the old 16+ Vc did. The IIc as it is makes a nice bridge between the Vb and the IX.

Offline Panzzer

• Gold Member
SpitV
« Reply #18 on: November 19, 2005, 08:47:42 PM »
Originally posted by 1K3
its Europe, NOT Russia

109 is the smallest fighter in action in europe
Maybe you should check your maps again... After you've located Moscow on those, can you really say that I-16's (plus I-15, I-15bis, I-153 and whatnots) were not used in Europe?

:)
Panzzer - Lentorykmentti 3

Online Shane

• Platinum Member
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: SpitV
« Reply #19 on: November 19, 2005, 10:40:13 PM »
Originally posted by AKFokerFoder+
I'd love to learn how to fly like that, :)
I just don't seem to be able to make the "snap" at the top of a vertical roll.
I've tried combat trim off, lots of up elevator, cutting engine, turning engine off, rudder, no rudder, flaps, no flaps.
I just suck at this game :(
But I do a decent drive by shooting :)

well i have a standing offer that bears repeating... feel free to switch sides and use join for a few sorties before you log. doesn't even have to be me per se, ask any stick you know who can make a certain plane dance.

while some things can be taught via TA/DA, the MA has more variables and riding along will give you some insight to how someone like myself sees, thinks and reacts to an encounter. the ability to anticipate cannot be under-rated.

in the end, it's all about one's accumulated experiences. i'm not a technical flyer per se, i'm seat of the pants. badboy did a neat write up on some OODA thingy in the training forum under a spit subject - "new spitfire comparison". Here's an excerpt from it:

{Badboy}

Ok, here is an extract from part one of my series of lectures on the OODA loop.

The OODA loop was originated a number of years ago by a USAF fighter pilot and highly thought of tactician Colonel John Boyd. His OODA loop stands for Observe, Orient, Decide, and Act...this being the decision process that a pilot goes through in solving any given BFM problem during an engagement. For example, if you see you opponent change his flight path with an aileron roll, you are in the “Observe” phase of the loop. You then need to comprehend what effect your opponents changes will have on the situation, so now you are in the “Orient” phase. Now you need to make a decision from the many options available, and while doing that you are in the “Decide” phase. Finally, you need to execute that decision with a manoeuvre of your own, so you are in the “Act” phase of the loop, and so it continues.

When I teach this to flight sim’ pilots I prefer to call it the "Boyd Cycle" (when I call it the Boyd loop, some folk expect it to involve a loop manoeuvre) and I explain that the pilot who consistently completes the cycle faster gains an advantage that increases with each cycle. Because the gains are additive the slower pilot becomes increasingly slower by comparison and therefore less effective until, finally, he is overcome by events....

blah blah blah (but interesting blah blah blah)
Surrounded by suck and underwhelmed with mediocrity.
I'm always right, it just takes some poepl longer to come to that realization than others.
I'm not perfect, but I am closer to it than you are.
"...vox populi, vox dei..."  ~Alcuin ca. 798

Offline SkyRock

• Platinum Member
Re: SpitV
« Reply #20 on: November 20, 2005, 03:36:22 PM »
Originally posted by Pieper
I want my old SpitV back.

I feel I t is unfair to take a plane I have flown for Three years and cut it in half.

The new Spits are nice but do not compare to the old MKV.

If we are going to revert my plane back to 1941......Then why dont we revert everyone elses back to the same date?????????????

Pieper

SEAFIRE!

Triton28 - "...his stats suggest he has a healthy combination of suck and sissy!"

Offline AKFokerFoder+

• Nickel Member
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: SpitV
« Reply #21 on: November 20, 2005, 04:01:55 PM »
Originally posted by Shane
well i have a standing offer that bears repeating... feel free to switch sides and use join for a few sorties before you log. doesn't even have to be me per se, ask any stick you know who can make a certain plane dance.

I will try and take you up on that kind offer, thanks :)

And :aok