Author Topic: Marcus Vick, In or Out?  (Read 157 times)

Offline lasersailor184

• Plutonium Member
Marcus Vick, In or Out?
« on: January 08, 2006, 10:22:22 PM »
Marcus Vick of Virginia Tech was recently kicked off of the Football Team and out of School for intentionally stomping on the calf of a downed defense man.

BLACKSBURG, Va. -- Marcus Vick apologized to Virginia Tech on Saturday and said his next stop will be the NFL.

Not that he had many options as far as football was concerned after being tossed off the Virginia Tech team a day earlier.

The junior quarterback dazzled on the field but carried a long list of transgressions. His latest display -- stomping on the leg of a fallen opponent during the Gator Bowl -- prompted an outpouring of letters to the university and a plea from his mother that her son not be portrayed as a "monster."

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/wire?section=ncf&id=2283440

Will he be able to get play in the NFL?  If he does, will he be successful?

Was the expulsion too much?  Was the punishment warranted for what he did?
Punishr - N.D.M. Back in the air.
8.) Lasersailor 73 "Will lead the impending revolution from his keyboard"

Offline rpm

• Plutonium Member
Marcus Vick, In or Out?
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2006, 10:27:08 PM »
Sounds like a future Raider to me.
My mind is a raging torrent, flooded with rivulets of thought cascading into a waterfall of creative alternatives.
Stay thirsty my friends.

Offline Cougar68

• Nickel Member
Marcus Vick, In or Out?
« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2006, 11:31:33 PM »
Some NFL team will surely pick him up since he's the media darling's brother.  However, I don't look for him to be productive at all in the big leagues.  Far too cocky to ever get his team to believe in him enough to make a difference.  Plus, he'll probably end up in jail shortly after he gets his first check.

Cougar

Offline Reschke

• Platinum Member
      • VF-17 "The Jolly Rogers"
Marcus Vick, In or Out?
« Reply #3 on: January 09, 2006, 09:35:05 AM »
He should have gotten kicked off the team when he had to sit out the 2004 season. Some dumbarse GM will decide (kind of like the Bronco's did with Clarett) that he is worth the risk. Then he will get cut and a couple of years down the road he will be in jail because he couldn't handle the pressure and no one ever taught him how to react without bailing him out of trouble.
Buckshot
Reschke from March 2001 till tour 146
Founder and CO VF-17 Jolly Rogers September 2002 - December 2006
"I'm baaaaccccckkk!"