Author Topic: About bombers  (Read 507 times)

Offline Henrique Jitsu

• Zinc Member
About bombers
« on: March 03, 2006, 01:26:54 PM »
I always see people complaining about atacking bomber formations and getting blasted. Today I killed about 4 players(2 from about d1000 and didnt even shoot at me) on 2 bombing runs just using the tail and ball gun.My sugestion is to dont  allow External View (F3) for some planes like B17 & B24, so fighters would have a more real chance both to get into your 6 and on the atack when they go out of your tail gun range and you gotta use F3 to find him on your right gun.

Offline Simaril

• Platinum Member
About bombers
« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2006, 04:08:28 PM »
henrique, I think you identified a real problem without realizing it....the targets you killed came up slowly behind you. If attackers use a better strategy, bombers can be almost helpless...and even with things as they are, bombers die roughly 3 times for every time they get a kill.

Honestly, I dont think anything should be done to further weaken bombers' chances -- and I'm speaking as someone who attacks them, not someone who flies them!
Maturity is knowing that I've been an idiot in the past.
Wisdom is realizing I will be an idiot in the future.
Common sense is trying to not be an idiot right now

"Social Fads are for sheeple." - Meatwad

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
Re: About bombers
« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2006, 04:50:57 PM »
Originally posted by Henrique Jitsu
so fighters would have a more real chance both to get into your 6

Like Simaril said: It´s not the external view that leads to the fighters demise but that stupid 6 o´clock approach.
From my own experience, at least 3 in 4 pilots do it. If you encounter a stick who learned his lesson and attacks you with high off-angle slashing attacks, you are dead meat, external view or not.

I only attack bombers from 6 o´clock if I´m desperate (buff closing in on base) or bored & impatient. Then I die, of course..
Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman

Offline RAIDER14

• Gold Member
About bombers
« Reply #3 on: March 03, 2006, 10:59:35 PM »
you should be able to shoot down bombers easily nothing needs to be changed

Offline ThunderEGG

• Copper Member
About bombers
« Reply #4 on: March 04, 2006, 01:35:22 AM »
Henrique,

Simaril is a good one to learn from when you want to know how to attack buffs.  It also teaches gunners how to lead quickly.:D

Offline SAS_KID

• Silver Member
      • http://www.myspace.com/saskid
About bombers
« Reply #5 on: March 04, 2006, 02:56:17 AM »
for realman bombers=dead meat=free kills=uses up all ammo for fighters I meen i use to go from 6 oclock but now i see taking the time to set up I can just sweep across and get 1 or bombers on fire sometimes i can get all 3 and then pull up hard to sweep the bottom of the bomber thus getting kills. or just loop up and around and attack and sweep across while upside down and if you haven't killed them allready and want to kill quick roll and pull up hard to get a nice 6 shot on one of the planes.(This is my way of killing bombers in my 38).
Quote from: hitech on Today at 09:27:26 AM
What utter and compete BS, quite frankly I should kick you off this bbs for this post.

The real truth is you do not like the answer.

HiTech

Offline RAIDER14

• Gold Member
About bombers
« Reply #6 on: March 04, 2006, 09:33:57 AM »
or use the P-38

Offline RAIDER14

• Gold Member
About bombers
« Reply #7 on: March 04, 2006, 10:17:49 AM »
well they could change the B-24,B-17,B-26,A-20,JU-88 and Lanc's carrier take off and landing capabilities that we currently have