Author Topic: Dueling Arena  (Read 779 times)

Offline tk0329

• Zinc Member
Dueling Arena
« on: February 28, 2006, 06:34:36 PM »
The way you have DA you might as well get rid of it. Have one base so all the vulchers can have fun make the others normal.If it stays this way I'm gone next billing cycle.

Offline WMLute

• Platinum Member
Dueling Arena
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2006, 03:47:30 AM »
out of curiosity, how long have you flown AH, and under what name. (i c the 2003 as the bbs registered, but more curoius what name u fly under)
« Last Edit: March 01, 2006, 03:50:59 AM by WMLute »
"Never tell people how to do things. Tell them what to do and they will surprise you with their ingenuity."
— George Patton

Absurdum est ut alios regat, qui seipsum regere nescit

Offline Ghosth

• AH Training Corps (retired)
  • Plutonium Member
      • http://332nd.org
Dueling Arena
« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2006, 07:16:08 AM »
The way the DA is now is fine for a preplanned 1 on 1 duel.

2 people can agree to meet for ladder challenges, etc.

What is NOT fine in the da is a no rules, no holds barred, shoot anything anywhere anytime free for all.

If you want that, go to the main, thats what its there for.

If your not part of the solution in the DA your part of the problem.

It is after all the "Dueling" arena, which brings in strong conotations of a 1 on 1 fair fight. NOT the vulch on sight crowd that hangs there now.

Offline Schatzi

• Platinum Member
      • http://www.slowcat.de
Dueling Arena
« Reply #3 on: March 01, 2006, 07:25:50 AM »
Agree. The KS solved the vulching problem, but kind of temporarily.

Preplanned duels 1 vs 1, ok, works (except that you spend 5 mins on climbout for (depending on fight of course) maybe 30 sec fight. I much preferred to up same field and just seperate 3k, chk6 and go at it.

What i really dont like about this setup now is: You cant communicate well anymore. Who can i fight and who not? You cant just go there to just have one or two fights, cause you dont know whom you may ask for a fight and who not. The way it is now, its just a mini sort of MA. I tried flying to an enemy base, announcing on ALL that i was looking for a fight, giving plane and alt.... didnt work either. The way it is now, the DA is not a place ill log in anytime soon.
21 is only half the truth.

Offline tk0329

• Zinc Member
« Reply #4 on: March 01, 2006, 02:36:19 PM »
Only in a non competitive business could one make the statement,"If you are not part of the solution you are part of the problem",. Amazing

Offline SuperDud

• Platinum Member
Dueling Arena
« Reply #5 on: March 01, 2006, 04:41:46 PM »
Yeah, I'm done with the DA for now too. Pity because it was my favorite place to go.
SuperDud
++Blue Knights++

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
Dueling Arena
« Reply #6 on: March 01, 2006, 05:48:41 PM »
Too bad the AH player community failed to police itself and let the DA problem get out of hand.  The problem in the DA is something that the community should have addressed instead of crying to HTC.

Wonder what new players think when they see the posts in here crying about the DA...probably think the community is full of wussies.

ack-ack
"If Jesus came back as an airplane, he would be a P-38." - WW2 P-38 pilot
Elite Top Aces +1 Mexican Official Squadron Song

Offline SuperDud

• Platinum Member
Dueling Arena
« Reply #7 on: March 01, 2006, 06:20:57 PM »
police it how AK? Spend all my time in there vulching the vulchers? I want to go in there and fight, not deal with little kiddies. I've seen several good ideas but it would take HTC to implement them so we must "cry to HTC" as you put it. Telling the little kids "that's bad form" will normally get the response of "**** you, I can do what I want". Vulching them to keep them down then prevents me from actally fighting, which is the whole reason I'm in there. Often times, when all the guys who want to fight move to a different feild, the kiddies follow shortly after. Even as it is now, those same kiddies just grab a 262 from the enemy feild and pick then vulch you anyways. It really hasn't changed anything.
SuperDud
++Blue Knights++

Offline Murdr

• Platinum Member
      • http://479th.jasminemaire.com
Dueling Arena
« Reply #8 on: March 02, 2006, 12:14:49 AM »
I'll just say that I dont like this.  It hampers the format that Ive used the DA for.  I'll also add that I have never had any problems finding a private area to do what we are there for, or being bothered by anyone once there.
But I do not spend hours hanging out at the busiest field looking for "duel on demand".  Most of the disruptions Ive seen happen with the "gaggle".

I still say duel mode ala Air Warrior would be a useful tool to have.

Offline 2bighorn

• Gold Member
Dueling Arena
« Reply #9 on: March 02, 2006, 03:59:43 PM »
Originally posted by Ack-Ack
Too bad the AH player community failed to police itself and let the DA problem get out of hand.  The problem in the DA is something that the community should have addressed instead of crying to HTC.

Wonder what new players think when they see the posts in here crying about the DA...probably think the community is full of wussies.
To leave everything to 'community' doesn't work. MA is good example; mods, ch 200, language filter, etc. It didn't work out with other arenas either. It did not work out with O'Club, so where did you get idea that community can solve the problem in DA?

As far as the wussies go... You're are cruising the atmosphere wussie layers and therfore you most likely know all about wussieness, definately more than guys who like to fight in DA. I'll give you that.

Offline Kurt

• Silver Member
      • http://www.clowns-of-death.com
Dueling Arena
« Reply #10 on: March 02, 2006, 09:17:17 PM »
Originally posted by Ack-Ack
ack-ack

Can we be serious for just a moment?  Community Policeing?  Come on.

"Look mr vulchy, if you don't be nice, I'm gonna shoot at you, so you better knock it off."

Yeah, ask me how many times I've seen that in the text buffer ... Usually followed by...

"I said STOP VULCHING ME... CAN YOU READ ENGLISH?"

Yes, the very effective keystone cops of AH, everyone watch out.

Ack, the very thing these guys want is to make you mad, so getting mad doesn't help.  And thats about the only power you have in the role of 'Community Police'.
--Kurt
Supreme Exalted Grand Pooh-bah Clown
Clowns of Death <Now Defunct>
'A pair of jokers beats a pair of aces'