Author Topic: Exotic Planes  (Read 915 times)

Offline Boxboy

• Nickel Member
Exotic Planes
« on: March 19, 2006, 10:21:28 PM »
I would love to see all the exotic planes limited each camp to the total number produced in the war.  When each side has lost their total no more planes till next camp.  I.E. the dora only 400 produced (this is a guess) so when 400 dora's from a side has been destroyed they are gone for the rest of the camp for that side.  I think we have several such planes in the plane set and I think this would cut down on some of the use these planes in the MA
Sub Lt BigJim
801 Sqn FAA
Pilot

Offline APDrone

• Gold Member
Exotic Planes
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2006, 11:11:41 PM »
Ewww.. imagine the screams when some new guy gets vulched in all the available for their country?

Imagine the joy on range channel as they watch somebody maliciously destroying their supply of a certain type of A/C.

They tried that with ME262s in AW at some point, and I know guys would swap sides to destroy the enemy's supply.
AKDrone

Scenario "Masters of the Air" X.O. 100th Bombardment Group

Offline Boxboy

• Nickel Member
Exotic Planes
« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2006, 01:37:54 AM »
Yep goes to my point exactly, if the kiddies want to remove all the exotics in that manner let them.  

Then they will have to fly whats left right?
Sub Lt BigJim
801 Sqn FAA
Pilot

Offline APDrone

• Gold Member
Exotic Planes
« Reply #3 on: March 20, 2006, 06:38:28 AM »
But the kiddies are destroying YOUR supply.

And they're most likely spawned demon 'shades' children that belong to opposing countries.
AKDrone

Scenario "Masters of the Air" X.O. 100th Bombardment Group

Offline Boxboy

• Nickel Member
Exotic Planes
« Reply #4 on: March 20, 2006, 10:23:27 AM »
Yes I understand, which means ALL the exotic planes would be gone from all sides very quickly.  We would then only have the normal war planes left with which to proscute the camp.

Unfortunately the dweebs would leave the game if they lost their uber Spit XVI's and the like the first day due to "treachery" (of course we could make side changing happen ONLY within the first day of the new camp).  

Since this is only a wish list I fear that this one will never happen but it is fun to wish isn't it :)
Sub Lt BigJim
801 Sqn FAA
Pilot

Offline Lye-El

• Silver Member
Exotic Planes
« Reply #5 on: March 20, 2006, 12:51:04 PM »
Originally posted by Boxboy
We would then only have the normal war planes left with which to proscute the camp.

What is a "normal" war plane? One that has guns? One that has speed? One that has high altitude capabilities? One that can turn? One that dweebs can get kills in? Early War? Late War?  Your favorite?

i dont got enough perkies as it is and i like upen my lancs to kill 1 dang t 34 or wirble its fun droping 42 bombs

Offline Boxboy

• Nickel Member
Exotic Planes
« Reply #6 on: March 20, 2006, 01:23:40 PM »
Originally posted by Lye-El
What is a "normal" war plane?

One that either was in the war more than 8 mos or was produced in numbers GREATER than 500 or preferably both.

I take it the Dweebfire is your ride :)
Sub Lt BigJim
801 Sqn FAA
Pilot

Offline Bronk

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
Exotic Planes
« Reply #7 on: March 20, 2006, 01:26:41 PM »

Unfortunately the dweebs would leave the game if they lost their uber Spit XVI's and the like the first day due to "treachery" (of course we could make side changing happen ONLY within the first day of the new camp).  

LMAO  the spit XVI is the same as the 1943 spit IXLf .  Its a mid war plane  learn to beat it and stop the whine.  Earn some perk points and fly what you want.

Bronk
See Rule #4

Offline Boxboy

• Nickel Member
Exotic Planes
« Reply #8 on: March 20, 2006, 01:39:55 PM »
LOL quiet down Bronk:D

Are you the Original Bronk from the Pigstompers cause if you are then you should know my former handle was BigJim and I helped found your squad.

I have NO problem beating the Spit XVI I just get sick of seeing more flying than were produced :)

BTW: Squeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
Sub Lt BigJim
801 Sqn FAA
Pilot

Offline Boxboy

• Nickel Member
Exotic Planes
« Reply #9 on: March 20, 2006, 01:47:28 PM »
Found this on the net:

The Spitfire XVI first appeared on the Castle Bromwich production line in October 1944; the first unit to take the type on operational charge was 443 Squadron RCAF.  The Spitfire XVI was almost completely used on fighter-bomber operations, since by this time the Merlin-powered Spitfires had been replaced in the air superiority role by the Griffon-powered Spitfire XIV.  Several pilots of Spitfire XVIs did have the opportunity to tangle with the Luftwaffe over northwest Europe in 1945, and demonstrated the airplane was no different from a Spitfire IX when it came to air combat capability.

Oct 1944 is HARDLY midwar Bronk since the war was over in 1945 in April of that year
Sub Lt BigJim
801 Sqn FAA
Pilot

Offline Bronk

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
Exotic Planes
« Reply #10 on: March 20, 2006, 01:51:59 PM »
SQUEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE   BigJim
Yup same Bronk.

Id rather have it somethin like aw . Have certain factories for strat guys to hit  that would drop the use of certain planes for like 1 hour or so. You could also resupply factories to bring them back faster.
That might work better than a set amount of aircraft per tour.

Or each person has a set amount of late war aircraft . This would make people want to land instead of  joust with aircraft.

I'd hate to have it where some arse kills x plane for me for the tour.

Bronk
See Rule #4

Offline Bronk

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
Exotic Planes
« Reply #11 on: March 20, 2006, 01:57:21 PM »
Boxboy the Spit Mk XVI is the American powered version of the Mk IX Lf .
Look that up, same motor  just 4 .303s instead of 2 .50s. The hispanos do most of the killing anyway

Spit IX LF is Merlin 66
spit XVI is   Packard built Merlin 266

I think HTC just made it a Mk XVI so peeps wouldn't take the wrong plane from the hanger.

To make it a later war XVI they would have to up the boost to 21 or so.
Then the thing would be more dangerous than it is now. Albeit only for 5 min.

Bronk
« Last Edit: March 20, 2006, 02:18:39 PM by Bronk »
See Rule #4

Offline Boxboy

• Nickel Member
Exotic Planes
« Reply #12 on: March 20, 2006, 02:55:53 PM »
Yep I read that about the Spit XVI being the same except for power plant, but man in AH here they seem really fast compared to the old AW spits :)

I liked the strat targets as well in AW, I also liked the rolling plane sets in WB's.

This whole thread is abit tongue in cheek since HT will not nor should he really change his system.
Sub Lt BigJim
801 Sqn FAA
Pilot

Offline Lye-El

• Silver Member
Exotic Planes
« Reply #13 on: March 20, 2006, 04:57:47 PM »
One that either was in the war more than 8 mos or was produced in numbers GREATER than 500 or preferably both.

I take it the Dweebfire is your ride :)

Most hours Osti. Turnfight Spit 8, upping capped field A6m5 or N1KI maybe Ki84, ground attack typhoon or 190, GV hunting 110 or Hurri, carrier operation corsair. Gun and run....don't really do that. Vulching, don't really do that either.

i dont got enough perkies as it is and i like upen my lancs to kill 1 dang t 34 or wirble its fun droping 42 bombs

Offline Bombardy

• Zinc Member
I have a better Idea
« Reply #14 on: March 20, 2006, 08:02:33 PM »
rather than having a set number of produced aircraft for an entire country, why not have it for the individual instead?

Example: I start the next tour with availability of-

10 me262's
8 Me163's
100 FW190D9's
80 FW190D8's
60 La7's
80 P38's
100 109 G6
50 109 K4
200 109 G2
150 P51's
etc

Personally, my gripe with life in Ah is that furballer's *WHINE* and seem to get thier way (as witnessed with the %75 fuel). Now if I am working my arse off to kill 3 bombers and 2 spit16's while flying a 190A5, why should I have to suffer the dweebs that up La7's one after another chase me all the way home just to shoot me down as I try to land and then they die in the ack and just up another la7!!!

60 La7's a month = 2 per day if you fly every single night, that should be MORE than enough but it would prevent what we see now, which is the lopsided statis of spit16's and La7's getting huge kills (and deaths)

there are so many planes in the plane set, it would just seem to me that while a player should be able to fly what ever plane he wants when ever he wants there are limits - that's why we have the perk system and that's why we should have a finite number of each available ride

how fun would the MA be if the only planes you saw were spit16's and La7's?  challenging perhaps but it would also grow stale, which is what happening - people aren't moving into other rides, they are staying with what is most uber (and FREE) most of the time.

With personal allotments of aircraft, players would get much more satisfaction in the kill, know that that was one less plane available to the enemy.

thoughts?