Author Topic: Map view bug  (Read 199 times)

Offline Joker312

• Nickel Member
Map view bug
« on: March 28, 2006, 12:26:53 PM »
Since the update I have seen friendly dots on the map in places other than thier true position.

When I log on I look for squad mates, so I use the goto feature then check the map and ask a guy to say something. On the map his dot expands and it shows up at a position usually a full sector away from his true position or it just stays in 1 place.

At other times someone will say they see a enemy darbar in our sector or an enemy dot but I see nothing.

Any others having this problem?
Joker
80th FS "Headhunters"
FSO Squad 412th FNVG

Offline Schatzi

• Platinum Member
      • http://www.slowcat.de
Map view bug
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2006, 12:59:22 PM »
Does this happen only right after you log on?

Because depending on how many players are online, your game has to run a check on every player, his position, his status etc..... quite a lot when 400+ are online.

For me it usually takes half a min or so till the map "settles down". Up untill then, i dont trust ANY radar dot/dar, because they jump HEAVILY!
21 is only half the truth.

Offline Joker312

• Nickel Member
Map view bug
« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2006, 03:12:16 PM »
It happens throughout a session. Whats funny is, most people are right where they are supposed to be, only a few percent are displaced.

Thanks for the reply. I was wondering if this was happening to others.
Joker
80th FS "Headhunters"
FSO Squad 412th FNVG

Offline 332nd outlaw

• Zinc Member
Map view bug
« Reply #3 on: March 28, 2006, 03:52:55 PM »
this has been going on for sometime now

Offline RSLQK186

• Silver Member
Map view bug
« Reply #4 on: March 28, 2006, 05:54:27 PM »
I noticed it a little as far back as AH1 when the MA had over 500 in it. It didn't bother me then because I was not in a squad and my PC did not function well with so many on anyway. Within the last year 600+ on happens often at "prime time" and that's when I see it most often. I think it happens along with the net being at a peak also. Me being on dial-up probably doesn't help either. I've also gotten the impression that certain maps are more prone to this but have not taken notes. It's particularly un-nerving when it's the goon on a long NOE that seems to be stuck at the start base. Have to keep asking for PosReps to keep from draging the fight his/her way.
Hacksaw- THE UNFORGIVEN
Founder- Special events contingent
"I'm very very sneaky"

Offline 68DevilM

• Gold Member
Map view bug
« Reply #5 on: March 28, 2006, 06:59:18 PM »
i sumtimes see enemy radar dots where theres no enemy, and high flying ghosts that are either outta of icon range  are not really there