Author Topic: How many bit this hook?  (Read 540 times)

Offline miko2d

• Parolee
  • Gold Member
How many bit this hook?
« on: August 08, 2001, 04:20:00 PM »
It was not too smart to believe the obvious hoax concerning the supposed president GWB' IQ test scores...

The complete bogusness of the numbers practically guaranteed that anyone even remotely familiar with the concept would see it as a joke.

Urban Legend

Real Story

Come on guys, with only about 6 billion people on Earth it is not possible to determine what IQ of 145 means.
 IQ 130 means a person is smarter then 98 out of 100.
 IQ 132 means a person is smarter then 99 out of 100 - quite a huge difference.
 145 would mean a person is the smartest one in a how many gazillion trillions of people? What the heck would that mean?

Conversely, a guy with IQ of 90 is not capable of graduating from a high school, let alone entering or graduating college, as long as the Affirmative Action or special non-grades based "confidence-building" education programs are not involved. Which is clearly not the case with all-white president Bush.     :)

Nice real analysis if you are interested

miko

[ 08-08-2001: Message edited by: miko2d ]

Offline mietla

• Gold Member
How many bit this hook?
« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2001, 11:03:00 PM »
Rasp
RailRd
syke--
weazel
Aanvil
Hairy

that would be six (from the "other" board)

Offline SOB

• Plutonium Member
How many bit this hook?
« Reply #2 on: August 09, 2001, 02:19:00 AM »
and what if your IQ is 200?!   :D

SOB
Three Times One Minus One.  Dayum!

Offline StSanta

• Gold Member
How many bit this hook?
« Reply #3 on: August 09, 2001, 05:40:00 AM »
Heh, the wondrous web allows one to do quick searches to verify things.

Started off with searchingfor the "institute"  - an American institute of importance has, 99% of the time, *some* form of presence on the net - be on the net or you don't exist.

Then typed in "urban myth IQ presidents" and there it was.

:)

Offline Nash

• Plutonium Member
      • http://sbm.boomzoom.org/
How many bit this hook?
« Reply #4 on: August 09, 2001, 05:56:00 AM »
Didn't care to check into it but I *did* say it's "beyond my comprehension" that a president could score so low.

Doesn't change the fact that he's a total idiot   :) ... and although I might enjoy gettin' drunk with the dude or something, intellectually he couldn't possibly be taken seriously.

He doesn't read. Did he even step out of the U.S. (you know, like travel... look around at stuff) before he became prez and was forced to? I don't hold these things against my buddies... but a president?

Woefully (frighteningly imho) lacking in so many regards. Unfit. Not to be taken seriously.

I vote Yoj for president!

[ 08-09-2001: Message edited by: Nash ]

Offline Sandman

• Plutonium Member
How many bit this hook?
« Reply #5 on: August 09, 2001, 09:15:00 AM »
Hmmm... Nash... I like ya and all and I happy to be a part of your squad, but you live in Canada.

Are you nominating Yoj for president of Canada?   :)

Oh and FWIW, it's the accent. Apologies to Texans but it doesn't inspire confidence in his intellect. Yeah... I know. It's a bias and more than likely, an incorrect one. (Yes, I know that HTC is in Texas and they are all wicked-smart in my book.)

Then again, without the accent the words, "compassionate conservatism" wouldn't sound nearly as funny.   :)

[ 08-09-2001: Message edited by: Sandman_SBM ]
sand

Offline miko2d

• Parolee
  • Gold Member
How many bit this hook?
« Reply #6 on: August 09, 2001, 11:43:00 AM »
Originally posted by Nash:
Doesn't change the fact that he's a total idiot    :) ...
...intellectually he couldn't possibly be taken seriously.

He doesn't read.
... Did he even step out of the U.S. (you know, like travel... look around at stuff) before he became prez...

Woefully (frighteningly imho) lacking in so many regards. Unfit. Not to be taken seriously.

Where do you get that stuff?
 He had decent SAT for a guy who was considered not to apply himself too hard.
 He graduated from a good college with decent grades.
 He had a career in private sector that left him with many supporters in business.
 He governed a major state with very critical population and was reelected.

I am sure his knowlege about the foreign countries would not increase a bit if he travelled them as a tourist.
 You have to live in a country for at least a few months, preferably work there to get any knowlege through practical traveling. Everything else you may get from education, books, media and talking to people.
 I am sure in his corporate work he had a lot of exposure to foreigners.
 How many other presidents spent much time in Russia, China and North Korea before being elected?

He does have a slight speach impediment. Since when has it been an indicator of intelligence?

miko

Offline Fatty

• Gold Member
      • http://www.fatdrunkbastards.com
How many bit this hook?
« Reply #7 on: August 09, 2001, 01:26:00 PM »
Yep, we all know what an idiot Stephen Hawking is.

Offline Nash

• Plutonium Member
      • http://sbm.boomzoom.org/
How many bit this hook?
« Reply #8 on: August 09, 2001, 05:07:00 PM »
Where do I get this stuff? *What* stuff, Miko2d? That he doesn't read nor didn't travel? Everywhere. Your not refuting this by bringing up SAT scores and decent grades. He listed his favorite book as "Hungry Caterpillar"... a kids book that was published after he graduated. You may think he wouldn't learn much from travelling but it's conceivable that he wouldn't then refer to Greeks as "Grecians".   :rolleyes: And to bring up his big business past is kinda funny, considering he lost millions of his family's and friend's money. Are those the "supporters in business" you're talking about?

And this has nothing to do with any speech impediment or accent. It's what he says not how he says it. I'm quite comfortable with my assessment of this guy.

[ 08-10-2001: Message edited by: Nash ]

Offline Yoj

• Copper Member
How many bit this hook?
« Reply #9 on: August 14, 2001, 05:00:00 PM »
If nominated, I refuse to run.  If elected I refuse to serve.

As for GWB, I'd give him a Spit IX, take a Jug and I still bet I could wax his butt.

- Yoj

Offline miko2d

• Parolee
  • Gold Member
How many bit this hook?
« Reply #10 on: August 14, 2001, 05:19:00 PM »
Originally posted by Nash:
I'm quite comfortable with my assessment of this guy.

I never argued that GW is a genius or an outstanding personality. Just that he is not a moron. He may not impress you by his behavior, but he has yet to prove himself as inept as Carter.
 He is a nice guy but obviously US could have better qualified president. I would much prefer McCaine to Bush. But I much prefer Bush to Gore.

The point is - american public is not electing best people as presidents lately. Any time a personable idiot or another completely amoral and corrupt guy could end up a president of US. We cannot avoid that. But we can insure that the government and a president have so little influence on our lives that it does not matter who the guy is. Like English queen.

Since money is power, the less money the government gets, the better for me. Bush's platform was for smaller government, Gore's was for larger one. Even if Gore was much better person for now, where is the guarantee that big government he would have created would not end up with a moron in charge in a few years?

miko

Offline Fatty

• Gold Member
      • http://www.fatdrunkbastards.com
How many bit this hook?
« Reply #11 on: August 14, 2001, 05:37:00 PM »
Primaries to an extent are part of the problem (though I don't have a better idea handy).  Generally the candidates more likely to do well population-wide (read more towards the other party, and hence more likely to draw crossover votes) get slaughtered in a core party election.

Maybe democrats should select repub candidates, and vice versa  :)

Offline ispar

• Nickel Member
      • http://None :-)
How many bit this hook?
« Reply #12 on: August 14, 2001, 10:26:00 PM »
Bah, who cares the guy is still dumb.

And of course, Clinton was (and is) a brilliant man!  :D

Offline Ripsnort

• Radioactive Member
How many bit this hook?
« Reply #13 on: August 15, 2001, 08:07:00 AM »
Interesting enough, my oldest sister had IQ of 132 when tested, my 2nd oldest sister 131, and me at 130...guess we got dumber as mom pumped more of us out eh?  ;)