Author Topic: LEO Purchase of Sig P226  (Read 428 times)

Offline FX1

• Silver Member
LEO Purchase of Sig P226
« Reply #15 on: April 21, 2006, 02:27:55 PM »
This is from the mans mouth..

Michael Bane
Host/Co-Producer
SHOOTING GALLERY
Producer
COWBOYS; AMERICAN RIFLEMAN TV
Only on The Outdoor Channel!

I've got a few Kimbers, and the only one I ever had trouble with was the 9mm (works like a champ now).

The Kimber .45s were absolute workhorses in the NSSF media education program, and we shot the living hell out of them.

I still think the STI Trojan is the hands-down best out-of-the-box 1911 in America, but I recommend the Kimbers at their lower price points. And they don't even advertise on my show!

Offline M36

• Nickel Member
LEO Purchase of Sig P226
« Reply #16 on: April 21, 2006, 02:35:01 PM »
Do a search for my posts here on my Springfield armory ultra compact V10.(small oficer size 1911)

Just happens to be what I am looking for GtoRA2. I will look up what you had to say.

If you simply must get a 1911,....

Yep I guess I do. Carrying P239 in .357 SIG for off duty now, and looking for the 1911 as another.  We were issued HK USP 40's several years ago. At a qualification had 7 failure to fires, not including others, and found that it was a problem among others. There was also a story circulating that a PA. LEO was killed when his HK failed to fire. Dont know if that is true or not and would hope not. I wrote a scathing officers report and was allowed to carry my P226 .40SW which I bought after my P226 9mm was stolen, which was my orginal choice in '93 when we got away form revolvers. Now since we have gone to Glock 22's to replace the trash H&K's, my P226 is not good enough anymore. God bless the smart administration in the ivory tower.

I guess people with bad experiences with Kimber are similar to mine with H&K. I would never, ever pusrchase any HK gun. In fact an HK factory rep. was at the armoy when I was ranting and raving about my gun. He said, that if the gun will shoot a pencil out of the barrel when the trigger is pulled, the gun will shoot. He didnt have an answer why my pencil shooting USP 40 would have so many failure to fires.

Everyones mileage varies I guess.

Cheers

GtoRA, never found how it shot after you sent it back to the factory.
« Last Edit: April 21, 2006, 02:44:17 PM by M36 »
“Honesty is like a good horse, it’ll work anyplace you hook it”

Ben Johnson  1917-1996

Offline GtoRA2

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
LEO Purchase of Sig P226
« Reply #17 on: April 21, 2006, 03:14:26 PM »
After I got it back, it shot pretty good as long as I used Wilson combat mags.

The ones that came with it sucked and only held 6 rounds anyway.

Still an ocasional case where the slide does not go all the way into batery, but they are pretty rare and I have not put that many rounds through it, (since it is in another state right now.).

Offline M36

• Nickel Member
LEO Purchase of Sig P226
« Reply #18 on: April 21, 2006, 06:31:31 PM »
Since pictures are being posted I thought I would post a picture of the Sig I got from Intersate Arms. The holster wear isnt showing up in the picture, but other than that, it's a Sig P226.

“Honesty is like a good horse, it’ll work anyplace you hook it”

Ben Johnson  1917-1996