Author Topic: Aviation paradox  (Read 391 times)

Offline SFRT - Frenchy

• Platinum Member
      • http://home.CFL.rr.com/rauns/menu.htm
Aviation paradox
« on: May 06, 2006, 11:45:53 AM »
In August to March is was flying this for $52,000/year

In April I was flying this for $30,000/year

Now I'm flying this for $1,600/month

Can't wait to fly a 747:lol
Dat jugs bro.

Terror flieger since 1941.
------------------------

Offline Dago

• Parolee
  • Platinum Member
Aviation paradox
« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2006, 12:09:02 PM »
In your dreams.   :rofl
"Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, martini in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming "WOO HOO what a ride!"

Offline Golfer

• Platinum Member
Aviation paradox
« Reply #2 on: May 06, 2006, 12:40:53 PM »
Hope you have good medical coverage for hearing aids after prolonged exposure to the Garretts :(

Were you at Flight Express?

My ride:

Not myyyy exact ride...but still an Encore.
« Last Edit: May 06, 2006, 12:47:34 PM by Golfer »

Offline SFRT - Frenchy

• Platinum Member
Aviation paradox
« Reply #3 on: May 06, 2006, 02:55:54 PM »
The outfit is Western A Ex out of Idao. They pay for ur SIC training/ hotel. From the SIC Metro they "upgrade" u to C402, then to PIC Metro. Fly 18days/month, no overnight layover, but daily shift of 10/14h.

Hehehe, the Slowtation, the number one enemy of the cargo pilot.:p "Time is money, if you are not from base to final at 45deg bank/100ft you are probably doing something wrong". Everytime I have to fly a 5 miles final @ 100kts I'm probably numberv2 behind a slowtation.;) Yesterday I was taxing behind one, he thought he was in a school zone. I had to ask for an intersection departure to get him out of the way.

Joke appart, a friend of mine got hired by an outfit in Las Vegas to fly SIC G IV with 200h of Citation. The company paid for his SIC training. He's flying NYC LA, I can get the name of the outfit for u if u wish to inquire if they still have openings. You'll probably have to relocate to NYC...yuk...
Dat jugs bro.

------------------------

Offline Casca

• Nickel Member
Aviation paradox
« Reply #4 on: May 06, 2006, 03:29:29 PM »
Some days I make $1600 before lunch. You're goin the wrong way.
I'm Casca and I approved this message.

Offline SFRT - Frenchy

• Platinum Member
Aviation paradox
« Reply #5 on: May 06, 2006, 03:36:33 PM »
... AND .... they look cool :cool:, and it's fun.  $1600/BL, I'm suspecting you own the company:t
Dat jugs bro.

------------------------

Offline Hangtime

• Plutonium Member
Aviation paradox
« Reply #6 on: May 06, 2006, 04:07:43 PM »
LOL Frenchy.. when yah get to the Heavies yer expected to pay for the privledge of wasting the corporate fuel and babysitting George.

i guess the cropdusting route could pay enough during the bug season to heard heavies in the off season.

;)
The price of Freedom is the willingness to do sudden battle, anywhere, any time and with utter recklessness...

...at home, or abroad.

Offline Golfer

• Platinum Member
Aviation paradox
« Reply #7 on: May 06, 2006, 09:14:11 PM »
The Encore is no slouch there bub!

Know a guy who flys both the Lear 35 and the Encore (granted I'm in Chicago now after arriving in a Citation II...the ultimate slowtation) and the Encore beats it up to about FL350.

The only decent 550 is the Bravo...and it's only redeeming factor is the trailing link landing gear.  The Encore (a 560 improvement of the Ultra) is a very good airplane.  Pretty good in cruise at Mach .755 (Lear does .79) and climbs like a bat out of hell.

Offline Golfer

• Platinum Member
Aviation paradox
« Reply #8 on: May 06, 2006, 09:19:59 PM »
Oh...and worry not.  If you're ever following a Citation doing 100kts on final...outside of 1/4 mile final in anything other than 200-1/2 it's not me :)

Offline Casca

• Nickel Member
Aviation paradox
« Reply #9 on: May 07, 2006, 09:10:01 AM »
Originally posted by SFRT - Frenchy
$1600/BL, I'm suspecting you own the company.

Nah, I'm just Peter Pilot.  Just been lucky though the years and have a good seat now.
I'm Casca and I approved this message.