Author Topic: Pnzer IV vs T34  (Read 305 times)

Offline ridley1

• Nickel Member
Pnzer IV vs T34
« on: May 21, 2006, 04:28:14 PM »
Ok, so I fire at this panzer at about 16 on the crosshairs...first shot I'm a little short.

Buddy fires back...hits first time....wipes me out.

I've got my front to him....now that's just not right.

Offline hubsonfire

• Plutonium Member
Pnzer IV vs T34
« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2006, 04:34:19 PM »
Even tanks can get shot in the face.
mook
++Blue Knights++

Proper punctuation and capitalization go a long way towards people paying attention to your posts.  -Stoney
I was wondering why I get ignored so often.  -Hitech

Offline Blooz

• Gold Member
Pnzer IV vs T34
« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2006, 05:18:01 PM »
You're right. It's not right.

Next time hit him first.
White 9
JG11 Sonderstaffel

"You can't vote your way out of communism."

Offline Brenjen

• Silver Member
Pnzer IV vs T34
« Reply #3 on: May 21, 2006, 05:56:31 PM »
I don't see what you find "not right" about that outcome. I'm actually surprised the T-34 gun did the job as it should & didn't ricochet.

Offline Raptor

• Platinum Member
Pnzer IV vs T34
« Reply #4 on: May 21, 2006, 08:10:36 PM »
At long range the Panzer is better of the two. At close range the T34 is better because of its armor and speed.

Offline ridley1

• Nickel Member
Pnzer IV vs T34
« Reply #5 on: May 22, 2006, 07:29:59 AM »
it's bizarre....Once I was in a Tiger, hitting a T34 point blank at it's 4 or 5 position, and I had to hit it multiple times.

This panzer killed me when I was facing him square....

Most frustrating

Offline Brenjen

• Silver Member
Pnzer IV vs T34
« Reply #6 on: May 22, 2006, 07:37:04 AM »
I'm sorry ridley I had it backwards. At 1600 from the front it is difficult for a panzer to knock out a t-34,but not impossible. You ran into a very skilled or lucky opponent.

Offline Goomba

• Copper Member
Pnzer IV vs T34
« Reply #7 on: May 22, 2006, 08:13:24 AM »
Lucky shots happen.

Last night, a Tiger came hunting my ambush outside his base.  I had tagged 6 or eight nme tanks, and I knew that soon the pary had to end.  A P51 floated overhead spotting for him, and I waited and listened as he moved, shut down, listened and moved again...over and over.

When he finally zeroed in on me, I knew he was coming.  Figured I'd get the drop on him for one or two shots, then die.  Front to front, my panzer would have no chance.

He came around the edge of cover, right where I thought he'd be.  I took aim while he bounced to a stop, and put one single shell right down the muzzle of his 88.  Usually, they just ricochet into the distance and I die.

This one, however, plunked right down the barrel, and one very surprised Tiger pilot went boom.  It was a good boom, too.:D

Unless they changed some things, there were always some very vulnerable weak spots modeled in to each tank, and you can take advantage of them if you know how.  Or get lucky...whichever works for ya'!

OTOH, awhile later I had a Panzer coming my way, and unaware of my presence.  I put FOUR rounds into him (all good hits), two in the turret, two in the hull, without any effect...not even a smoking turret.  He has all day to look around, find my cover and put one, single shot into me...and I'm dead.

Shaitzu happens, I guess.  :aok