Author Topic: Question to the furballers.  (Read 1936 times)

Offline TexMurphy

• Silver Member
Question to the furballers.
« Reply #75 on: June 02, 2006, 09:56:37 AM »
laz

I respect that you do want to be able to fight against ALL planes from ww2 in which ever plane you choose to fly in. It answers the original question and intent of this thread.

If that is more important to you then having non hoard fights that arnt disrupted by landgrabing then the AvA isnt your cup of coffee. No big deal really.

Personally for me when I wanan just fight in a fighter the AvA setting is actually more fun because the fights there arnt hoard type. I really hate the hoard.

What I would be very causious about though is calling the fights which come from the AvA planeset narrow and predictable. In some cases they are if its forexample 190A5s vs SpitVs. Then definatly yes you are right.

But if you take a look at the current planeset in the AvA

Axis
109E4, F4, G2, G6, G14, K4
190A5, 190D9
110C4-b, 110G-2
FM2
Hurri1

Allies
HurriI2c
SpitV
P40E
Il2
La5, La7
Yak9T, Yak9U

There are so many type of fights that can spur from this that its just as varied as the MA. In the MA your enemy will either be in a plane similar to yours, in a faster plane or in a more agile plane. The enemy force will have a combination of similar, faster and more agile plane then yours. Your force will have the same combination.

With this planeset its the EXACT same thing.

With other planesets what your saying is valid, its narrower. But with this that argument aint valid.

But still all I wanted to know is why the AvA isnt a better furballing place then the MA since the AvA doesnt have any of the issues that the furballers are complaining about with the MA.

Tex

Offline stantond

• Nickel Member
« Reply #76 on: June 02, 2006, 10:12:13 AM »
Make the DA map hosptiable to furballing!  Allow a central communications channel on the radio!  Make a 'fighter town' arena (hasn't happened in 6+ years, so I doubt there will be one).

By 'fighter town' arena I mean an arena with:

1.  Limited number of bases, not 40 or 20, but six or three.  

2.  High ack accuracy and lethality, specifically the non puffy kind.  Place ack in a pattern (perhaps use a large field model) to stop vulching and allow 5K alt before leaving ack protection area.

3.  Relatively flat terrain with few trees and maybe a mountain or two.  Lakes and water are ok.  

4.  No Ground vehicles or boats, or bombers (i.e. 'fighter town').

5.  Allow up to 200 members.

6.  Switching sides can be done at will with no time limit.

7.  Keep fuel modifiers the same as MA.

8.  Allow clouds and time changes as in MA.

9.  Turn off plane collisions.  Keep kill shooter.

10.  Have a scoring system with perks.

The AvA is not a furballing arena.  While it appears this is an unclear concept, the AvA is a historical arena.  Believe it or not, furballs didn't really happen much from a historical perspective.  People found out that a great turning plane is not the one that shoots down most others.  Fast planes with good armament and pilot cooperative tactics do that.   Not furballing.

Regards,

Malta
« Last Edit: June 02, 2006, 10:14:56 AM by stantond »

Offline FiLtH

• Platinum Member
« Reply #77 on: June 02, 2006, 10:36:46 AM »
Thats why furballers dont want to be there. Furballing has more to do with SA and reflexes, and using a planes turn. It isnt historical but it is fun. I like both arenas, because I like all aspects of the game. I save the coop/speed stuff mainly for the AVA or events.

~AoM~

Offline Platano

• Silver Member
« Reply #78 on: June 02, 2006, 10:49:30 AM »
Originally posted by lazs2
 I would like the planes divided into eras based on performance and either side could chose any plane in the era... a FM2 could fight another FM2 or a spit 5 or a 109e or P40 ... next era you might see a spit 8/9 fight another spit 8/9 or a 109g or a hog... last would be all the uber fast planes.

spit vs another spit??

That wouldnt be "AXIS vs ALLIES"
Army of Muppets

Fly Luftwaffe.

Offline Platano

• Silver Member
« Reply #79 on: June 02, 2006, 10:51:23 AM »
Originally posted by Edbert1
With all due respect...have you ever been in the MA? I ask becuase the MA is NOTHING like what I posted, it hasn't been since soon after beta.

Yesir I have been in the MA..... and I've been in there enough times to know that the MA is just like what I posted..:rolleyes:
Army of Muppets

Fly Luftwaffe.

Offline Oldman731

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #80 on: June 02, 2006, 11:40:19 AM »
Originally posted by lazs2
oldman... I do get to fight allied planes in the MA when I am in an allied plane...  I am able to move to another area (most of the time) that is not so bad when a group/horde/squad is harvesting an area and it is really bad.    I fly at times when numbers are up... if there is a CV... I get a good earlyu war fight for about 10 minutes to an hour before some lemming kills the light bulb fragil thing.

All agianst different players in non AvA planests...

Hey, I think that's all great.  From reading these boards, it's easy to get the impression that the MA is full of uber-plane HOers who won't fight and who only travel in hordes.  I think that was Tex's concern when he started this thread.

- oldman ('twas what I'd thought, too)

Offline lazs2

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #81 on: June 02, 2006, 02:28:21 PM »
tex...  certainly the one example that you gave of a planeset does give some variety...  My point is still valid tho.... no matter how much that planeset gives in variety... the exact same planeset that was not AvA would give 100 or more times as much POTENTIAL variety in each fight.

Bad as the MA is... it is not limited to AvA so.... if you do find a fight it will be a good one... you also have the chance of running into someone flying the same plane you are.... impossible in the AvA.

I have spent some time in there as oldman will attest and I have fun for a night and then.... well... it get's pretty darn boring.... I do Ok till my mind goes numb from the same old fight...  the same axis or allied plane doing the same thing... the same old LW squad working the same old ones and two's allied guys from their alt perch.

lazs
Public Relations Officer for the BK's

Offline Lye-El

• Silver Member
« Reply #82 on: June 02, 2006, 05:13:34 PM »
Originally posted by Edbert1
I'm not speaking for anyone else but...yeah.

Give me an arena where all propellor planes are enabled except those with 4 engines. Take out all ground targets and strats (or harden them by 100,000X). Take out all ordinance, troops and field acks too. Disable all GVs and make all bases in a circle with about a 30 mile diameter. An RPS would be interesting but not a requirement.

You did ask :D

I agree with Edbert. Give the furballers a seperate arena. :t

i dont got enough perkies as it is and i like upen my lancs to kill 1 dang t 34 or wirble its fun droping 42 bombs