Author Topic: Ch Fighter stick pro  (Read 249 times)

Offline Damned Goose

• Copper Member
Ch Fighter stick pro
« on: June 05, 2006, 11:09:52 PM »
Ever since the patch my#4 button keep firing bullets even when I program it to do nothing. The #4 button cycles between #16,17,and 18 on joystick map . Help I really frustrated with all of the headaches with this version.

Goose :t
The only thing to fear is fear itself..

Offline Pyro

• Administrator
  • Administrator
      • http://www.hitechcreations.com
Ch Fighter stick pro
« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2006, 02:29:32 PM »
Is 16, 17, or 18 mapped to a fire function?

Offline Damned Goose

• Copper Member
Fighter stick woes...
« Reply #2 on: June 07, 2006, 04:16:29 PM »
No-On the Fighter stick I mapped 16,17,18 to none. still secondary fires. Then I mapped the Clip board to the 16,17,18 button and the clipboard comes up but I also too have expended ammo at the same time.

Offline Pyro

• Administrator
  • Administrator
      • http://www.hitechcreations.com
Ch Fighter stick pro
« Reply #3 on: June 08, 2006, 09:48:40 AM »
I talked with Goose online and it works now, but for anybody else with this stick, here's the problem.

The index finger button the right side of this stick is used can be used for a mode select and it is actually tied to 4 different buttons.  Goose's problem is that he thought it was tied to button 4 and it was actually tied to button 2.  Because this button is is used as multiple buttons, it fools AH when you press it to see which button it highlights in the button list box.  You will see it cycle between 16, 17, and 18 but you won't see it highlight button 2 because it happens in a flash.  HT has changed this so that you will see it cycle through all the different buttons in the next version, but it will still be a source of confusion since that's not what you expect to see.

This seems like a weird feature but it can be a pretty handy thing to have.  What it allows you to do is to use this button as a single function just like any other button or to map up to 3 discrete functions and cycle through them.  To map it as a single function button, just map the function to button 2 and leave buttons 16,17, and 18 unmapped.  

If you wanted to map a different set of functions to this button that it would cycle through, you would use buttons 16, 17, and 18 and leave button 2 unmapped.  E.G., I want to be able to use this button to cycle through my view range modes.  There are 4 view range modes and this button will only support 3 different things so one will have to be left out.  I would map button 16 to short view range, 17 to full view range, 18 to ground view range and button 2 would remain unmapped.  In this setup repeated pressing the button would cycle thorugh short, long, and ground view range modes.
« Last Edit: June 08, 2006, 10:02:59 AM by Pyro »

Offline Damned Goose

• Copper Member
Ch Fighter stick
« Reply #4 on: June 08, 2006, 09:57:25 AM »
Yes Pyro it is fixed. Thank you for the help. I apolgize for the mis information I thought it was the #4 button. But I am happier now.

Thanks again Goose