Author Topic: Something not to try with the TE  (Read 391 times)

Offline NHawk

• Silver Member
Something not to try with the TE
« on: June 16, 2006, 12:56:25 PM »
On the small map I'm currently working on, I decided that an inpenatrable wall of AA around the center island that houses TT/FT would be better than high alt mountains.

Worked well, frame rates dropped a huge amount. The sky was black with AA. Took pings left and right, nothing could survive it. Then somewhere along the line the game itself errors out.

I suspect it probably reached critical mass with objects. :)
Most of the people you meet in life are like slinkies. Pretty much useless, but still bring a smile to your face when you push them down the stairs.
-------------------------------
Sometimes I think I have alzheimers. But then I forget about it and it's not a problem anymore.

Offline Easyscor

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2006, 02:27:39 PM »
Hitech said the limit was 50,000 bombable objects and the Object Report counts your objects if you really want to see if you exceeded the max.  Just how many did you add anyway.:lol
Easy in-game again.
Since Tour 19 - 2001

Offline Dux

• Aces High CM Staff (Retired)
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #2 on: June 16, 2006, 02:57:55 PM »
He means the objects that the ack guns added to the game when firing... the puffs, the tracers, etc. :)
Rogue Squadron, CO
5th AF, FSO Squadron, Member

We all have a blind date with Destiny... and it looks like she's ordered the lobster.

Offline Easyscor

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #3 on: June 16, 2006, 03:27:34 PM »
I gota try it :lol
Easy in-game again.
Since Tour 19 - 2001

Offline NHawk

• Silver Member
« Reply #4 on: June 17, 2006, 06:22:11 AM »
Originally posted by Dux
He means the objects that the ack guns added to the game when firing... the puffs, the tracers, etc. :)
Exactly.
Most of the people you meet in life are like slinkies. Pretty much useless, but still bring a smile to your face when you push them down the stairs.
Sometimes I think I have alzheimers. But then I forget about it and it's not a problem anymore.

Offline NHawk

• Silver Member
« Reply #5 on: June 17, 2006, 06:27:37 AM »
Originally posted by Easyscor
Hitech said the limit was 50,000 bombable objects and the Object Report counts your objects if you really want to see if you exceeded the max.  Just how many did you add anyway.:lol
If my Hex math is correct 1008 in 2 square miles. :rofl

Offline Easyscor

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #6 on: June 17, 2006, 08:56:05 AM »
Originally posted by NHawk
If my Hex math is correct 1008 in 2 square miles. :rofl
Wow!:lol Maybe later this morning.
Easy in-game again.
Since Tour 19 - 2001