Author Topic: Whats up with the scoreing system  (Read 614 times)

Offline bkbandit

• Nickel Member
Whats up with the scoreing system
« on: June 18, 2006, 03:43:13 AM »
I check it from time to time and certain things dont add up. I got like 200 somethin kills and 30 somethin deaths fine, im rankin 500 somethin. But blukitty got somethin like 800 kills and is ranked 1500. Then i see certain guys with no more then 50 kills(in everything) and a whole mess of deaths and he will rank better then me.  I noe the ranks shouldnt matter but when u make progress(i used to rank 2000 somethin) u feel like u have acomplished somethin other then waste daylight playin video games.

The worst thing about the ranking is that u get some of these guys that pad there scores by spawn campin and vulchin, i have run into some of the higher rankin guys(they will remain nameless) and got the kill and read the name and say, what the hell i shouldnt be able to touch this guy according to the rank. JUst now i was in fighter town and one of my guys(another one that will remain nameless) was goin to take out the field guns because he wanted to vulch. I check the rank and surprise surpirse he is ranked better then me. But im watchin him and he cant shoot down a level moss. but then u got blukitty thats slippery as hell but is ranked lower.

I just wish the rank meant somethin.

Offline SirLoin

• Platinum Member
« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2006, 04:22:46 AM »
Don't fret too much...Wait till Combat Tour(CT)...Rank will mean something much more(2 weeks right?)

:D
**JOKER'S JOKERS**

Offline Schatzi

• Platinum Member
      • http://www.slowcat.de
« Reply #2 on: June 18, 2006, 04:42:52 AM »
bkbandit, kills and deaths are not all that are taken into account where rank is concerned. Youll also have Hit%, damage points etc etc...

Also, which rank are you talking about? Overall rank or fighter rank? good fighter scores and k/d doesnt mean you have a good overall rank as well (the one that shows on ROSTER is overall btw).

Ill take your example Blukitty:

Rank: 13 (fighter) 3353 (bomber) 63 (attack) 3453 (vehicle/boat) 1582 (overall)  
Blu apparently flys only fighters (and from the number of sorties only rarely in attack mode).... the low bomber/GV rank drag the overall rank low.

For details on rank and score for each player, check up the Scores page under Community. Keep in mind that rank/score is updated once a day, so some things might not add up 100%....
« Last Edit: June 18, 2006, 04:46:56 AM by Schatzi »
21 is only half the truth.

Offline doogan

• Persona Non Grata
  • Copper Member
« Reply #3 on: June 18, 2006, 05:00:58 AM »
ah, schatzi...

the hamburg helper of the AH society.

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
Re: Whats up with the scoreing system
« Reply #4 on: June 18, 2006, 08:54:58 AM »
Originally posted by bkbandit
...i have run into some of the higher rankin guys(they will remain nameless) and got the kill and read the name and say, what the hell i shouldnt be able to touch this guy according to the rank.  

And you've just learned that rank means squat in here.  Just because a player has a high rank doesn't mean he's a good stick.  And thus ended the lesson.

ack-ack
"If Jesus came back as an airplane, he would be a P-38." - WW2 P-38 pilot
Elite Top Aces +1 Mexican Official Squadron Song

Offline NoBaddy

• Gold Member
      • http://www.damned.org
Re: Re: Whats up with the scoreing system
« Reply #5 on: June 18, 2006, 10:18:03 AM »
Originally posted by Ack-Ack
And you've just learned that rank means squat in here.  Just because a player has a high rank doesn't mean he's a good stick.  And thus ended the lesson.

ack-ack

Not really an accurate statement. Overall rank is how one performs in the game...overall. Many people simply don't care about rank or only about parts of it they chose to care about. Bottomline, having a "good" rank doesn't mean you are a great player. It means you are good at making rank. :)

Oh, AA...what I mean is it does mean squat if the guy cares about rank. :D
NoBaddy (NB)

Flying since before there was virtual durt!!
"Ego is the anesthetic that dulls the pain of stupidity."

Offline SlapShot

• Plutonium Member
Re: Whats up with the scoreing system
« Reply #6 on: June 18, 2006, 01:22:52 PM »
Originally posted by bkbandit
I check it from time to time and certain things dont add up. I got like 200 somethin kills and 30 somethin deaths fine, im rankin 500 somethin. But blukitty got somethin like 800 kills and is ranked 1500. Then i see certain guys with no more then 50 kills(in everything) and a whole mess of deaths and he will rank better then me.  I noe the ranks shouldnt matter but when u make progress(i used to rank 2000 somethin) u feel like u have acomplished somethin other then waste daylight playin video games.

The worst thing about the ranking is that u get some of these guys that pad there scores by spawn campin and vulchin, i have run into some of the higher rankin guys(they will remain nameless) and got the kill and read the name and say, what the hell i shouldnt be able to touch this guy according to the rank. JUst now i was in fighter town and one of my guys(another one that will remain nameless) was goin to take out the field guns because he wanted to vulch. I check the rank and surprise surpirse he is ranked better then me. But im watchin him and he cant shoot down a level moss. but then u got blukitty thats slippery as hell but is ranked lower.

I just wish the rank meant somethin.

This is called an ... Ephiphany !!! ... you have seen the light ... don't be afraid ... walk toward it.
SlapShot - Blue Knights

Guppy: "The only risk we take is the fight, and since no one really dies, the reward is the fight."

Offline Morpheus

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #7 on: June 18, 2006, 01:48:10 PM »
Ephiphany would be if he wished rank meant nothing.
If you don't receive Jesus Christ, you don't receive the gift of righteousness.

Offline Vudak

• Platinum Member
« Reply #8 on: June 18, 2006, 02:29:47 PM »
Originally posted by Morpheus
Ephiphany would be if he wished rank meant nothing.

No, that would be redundancy.
Vudak
352nd Fighter Group

Offline bkbandit

• Nickel Member
« Reply #9 on: June 18, 2006, 04:32:44 PM »
I was wondering when ct is goin to be ready.

I sucks that if u dont fly bombers your ranked for it anyway, i dont have the patience to climb line up a target and drop. A loaded jug takes forever to climb and a b17 is 10 times worst.

Offline Morpheus

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #10 on: June 18, 2006, 06:55:23 PM »
Originally posted by Vudak
No, that would be redundancy.

But he doesnt wish it didnt, he wishes it does... Still no light at the end of the tunnel for this one.

Offline Schatzi

• Platinum Member
« Reply #11 on: June 18, 2006, 07:12:47 PM »
But he doesnt wish it didnt, he wishes it does... Still no light at the end of the tunnel for this one.

Well, theres IS a ranking that would be really TELLING.... that would actually MEAN something.... but alas, HT hasnt coaded it yet.

The FUN Rank !! ....

I admit to padding that shamelessly!! :)

Offline Morpheus

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #12 on: June 18, 2006, 07:14:45 PM »
dam it would be SOOOOOOOOOO easy knowing that you are a girl, and that coming from you, (padding/fun rank/girl saying it)  to have fun with that.... but i cant..... I JUST CANT!!!!

maybe im getting soft

Offline Schatzi

• Platinum Member
« Reply #13 on: June 18, 2006, 07:30:44 PM »
dam it would be SOOOOOOOOOO easy knowing that you are a girl, and that coming from you, (padding/fun rank/girl saying it)  to have fun with that.... but i cant..... I JUST CANT!!!!

maybe im getting soft

ROFLMAO, Morph, youre a Softie ;).

:)

[size=0]

PS: I cant recall... did you ever HO me?.... :t

[/size]
« Last Edit: June 18, 2006, 07:36:48 PM by Schatzi »

Offline Airscrew

• Platinum Member
« Reply #14 on: June 19, 2006, 09:15:57 AM »
Originally posted by Schatzi
[size=0]PS: I cant recall... did you ever HO me?.... :t
[/size]

Watch out Schatzi, we may have to throw a bucket of ice water on Morph if this keeps up! :t  :lol