Author Topic: Trying somthing this tour a lil diffrent.....  (Read 577 times)

Offline Husky01

• Platinum Member
Trying somthing this tour a lil diffrent.....
« on: August 01, 2006, 03:49:03 PM »
This tour just for the heck of it I decided i would turn my stall limiter and possibly even mess with turning my tracers off as well.

So if you could list any hints or tips to flying with your stall limiter off and tracers off it would be much appricatied.

P.S. till i get a hold of flying with out it go easy om me:aok
BearKats
9GIAP VVS RKKA

Offline Mustaine

• Parolee
  • Platinum Member
Re: Trying somthing this tour a lil diffrent.....
« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2006, 04:00:52 PM »
Originally posted by goldelks
So if you could list any hints or tips to flying with your stall limiter off and tracers off it would be much appricatied.
don't stall and shoot alot.
Genetically engineered in a lab, and raised by wolverines -- ]V[ E G A D E T ]-[
AoM DFC ZLA BMF and a bunch of other acronyms.

Offline Husky01

• Platinum Member
« Reply #2 on: August 01, 2006, 04:02:36 PM »
:rofl :rofl i think i could mannage that!:rofl
BearKats
9GIAP VVS RKKA

Offline JB28

• Copper Member
« Reply #3 on: August 01, 2006, 04:32:08 PM »
As posted by MUSTAINE
don't stall and shoot alot.

:rofl :rofl :rofl

doesn't seem to help me!:furious

some things never change.  :D

<>28

Offline Spatula

• Silver Member
« Reply #4 on: August 01, 2006, 04:49:03 PM »
People fly with the stall limiter engaged? Eeek...

Turn all that auto-cr*p off and you'll be on your way.

Tracers off, its a personal choice, some swear by it (i do), some hate it. Try it for a whole tour and then make your mind up. Dont whimp out 1/2 way do the whole tour with them off. You'll spend the first two weeks wondering why you cant hit a damned thing, then you'll slowly get back your original ability. After a couple of months you may reach a scary zen-like ability - YMMV.
Airborne Kitchen Utensil Assault Group

Offline ujustdied

• Nickel Member
« Reply #5 on: August 01, 2006, 04:54:48 PM »
holy crap gold lol didnt know u flew with stall limiter on lol dude you are going to love being able to "out turn" people. lol stall limiter limits your turning ability. so you are going to be able to out turn a lot of ppl. you'll be suprised hehee. now i just keep my tracers on. easier to aim.

Offline Husky01

• Platinum Member
« Reply #6 on: August 01, 2006, 05:18:46 PM »
lol catfish u though i flew with it off lol na never bothered thought i try somthin new :)
« Last Edit: August 01, 2006, 05:32:26 PM by Husky01 »
BearKats
9GIAP VVS RKKA

Offline Krusty

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #7 on: August 01, 2006, 06:39:34 PM »
Stall limiter limits your ability to exceed a certain angle of attack, so it literally makes you not able to pull as hard as you should.

The benefit? Prevents stalls, wing-overs, flips, and most spins.

The disadvantage: You can't tell the plane to do what 90% of the rest of the AH players can do, in the same plane. You can't pull high G moves or bleed/scrub speed, you can't ride the edge of a stall and turn as tightly as possible. You can't do a lot of things.

I very much suggest flying with it off. Once you learn how to fly without it you won't go back.

Offline Schatzi

• Platinum Member
      • http://www.slowcat.de
« Reply #8 on: August 02, 2006, 04:15:56 AM »
Stall Limiter off: If id known you still had that evil evil little part of the coad toggled on when we practiced, id have told you earlier. Its training wheels that will keep you from using the full scale of what your plane can do (AOA limit).

Tips for flying without it? Always be gentle with that stick of yours!. Seriously, youll just need to be more careful on your input. Dont be scared to push your plane - even OVER the limit - you need to get a feel for "the edge". Also, get yourself familiar with how a plane handles when stalled out. How to recover, how to stall in the first place.... learn its reactions. Youll be surprised what you can do!

Tracers off: a good way to learn to *aim* before actually shooting. You cant *walk* your tracers onto target anymore. Just watch out so you dont end up in a spray-and-pray kind of style. Limit your shooting to short, half sec bursts (unless you see sprites, then SHOOOOOOOOOOOT till he blows :))
21 is only half the truth.

Offline BugsBunny

• Parolee
  • Nickel Member
« Reply #9 on: August 02, 2006, 09:19:16 AM »
Originally posted by ujustdied
holy crap gold lol didnt know u flew with stall limiter on lol dude you are going to love being able to "out turn" people. lol stall limiter limits your turning ability. so you are going to be able to out turn a lot of ppl. you'll be suprised hehee. now i just keep my tracers on. easier to aim.

Until you guys realise that dogfighting is not about 'out turning' other people, nothing will help.

Offline Schatzi

• Platinum Member
« Reply #10 on: August 02, 2006, 10:09:55 AM »
Originally posted by BugsBunny
Until you guys realise that dogfighting is not about 'out turning' other people, nothing will help.

No, its about out-maneuvering people. And thats a lot easier with stall limiter off :).

Offline BugsBunny

• Parolee
  • Nickel Member
« Reply #11 on: August 02, 2006, 10:16:47 AM »
Originally posted by Schatzi
No, its about out-maneuvering people.  And thats a lot easier with stall limiter off :).

True.  I just wanted to make a point that a lot of people focus on the wrong thing (turning ability).   How many times have you seen on 200: "There is no way your out turned my ".  If turning was the key, we would all be flying 0s.

Offline Schatzi

• Platinum Member
« Reply #12 on: August 02, 2006, 10:43:24 AM »
Did i ever tell you why i was flying HMk1???? :D

TA is a lot funnier in that regard... "theres no way your P47 outturns my Spit16" - no really, there isnt????

Offline NAVCAD

• Zinc Member
how a plane handles when stalled out
« Reply #13 on: August 02, 2006, 12:08:32 PM »
goldelks:

If you are not use to an "aggravated stall/spin", I would suggest practice getting into and out of this condition.  

Some planes are much more docile than others and will simply stall.  Others snap directly into a spin when they stall.  This is OK if you have ALT but truly sucks down low as you don't have the time to recover.

Personally I think spins are fun.....when you don't have someone spitting .50cal or 20 mm at you....:)

Just some cheap advice from someone who can't dogfight worth a crap...LMFAO.

By the way, you'll love flying without the limiter.

NAVCAD

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're Stupid"  SSGT D.L. Stryker in Sands of Iwo Jima.