Author Topic: vox deal???  (Read 420 times)

Offline tatertot

• Nickel Member
vox deal???
« on: August 18, 2006, 09:34:15 AM »
MY CPU HAS A ISSUE IN GAME /WELL ALL THE TIME NOT RECONIZING MY SOUND CARD FOR MIC.ive been through all the normal tests,and here is what i havent figured out 1) all sounds and other people talking work in the game and in windows 2)when i go to sound properties it shows that i dont have anything hooked up3)i try the windows sound profiles and it comes up with a error oin that root 32 % sound card may be in use     any ideas i have turned things off and rebooted and sometimes it works but other times no go plus i have no idea what im shutting down    

any help would be realy appreciated i cant stand playing without being able to yap at people ty in advanse

o ya sorry if posted in the wrong forum
THE NAME TATERTOT IS NOT FROM MY FAV FOOD !!!!!!

Offline SkyRock

• Platinum Member
Re: vox deal???
« Reply #1 on: August 18, 2006, 09:40:38 AM »
Originally posted by tatertot
MY CPU HAS A ISSUE IN GAME /WELL ALL THE TIME NOT RECONIZING MY SOUND CARD FOR MIC.ive been through all the normal tests,and here is what i havent figured out 1) all sounds and other people talking work in the game and in windows 2)when i go to sound properties it shows that i dont have anything hooked up3)i try the windows sound profiles and it comes up with a error oin that root 32 % sound card may be in use     any ideas i have turned things off and rebooted and sometimes it works but other times no go plus i have no idea what im shutting down    

any help would be realy appreciated i cant stand playing without being able to yap at people ty in advanse

o ya sorry if posted in the wrong forum
Drivers!  You'll need to reload drivers or update them!

Triton28 - "...his stats suggest he has a healthy combination of suck and sissy!"

Offline WilldCrd

• Gold Member
      • http://www.wildaces.org
vox deal???
« Reply #2 on: August 18, 2006, 09:41:04 AM »
im gonna go out on a limb here and say you prolly need to do a dxdiag, copy it and send it in to the skuzzmiester.
since its friday and im feeling magnanamous i wont do the :WRONG FORUM" thing.....ummm oooops
seriously tho send your dx stuff to skuzz, he's da man to help ya
Crap now I gotta redo my cool sig.....crap!!! I cant remeber how to do it all !!!!!

Offline tatertot

• Nickel Member
vox deal???
« Reply #3 on: August 18, 2006, 09:44:59 AM »
i have done the driver deal it will work for a few minutes then i looose it again,as far as the dx idea ive ran it (havnt dent it in yet)but i can see anything wrong it all says device working corrcertly,but when you open your speakers box to check volume and such thats were it says no midi mixer installed ,sound caRD IN USE    I HATE CPUS ARG

Offline Bronk

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
vox deal???
« Reply #4 on: August 18, 2006, 10:09:19 AM »
If your motherboard has onboard sound ,disable it in bios.

Bronk
See Rule #4

Offline JTs

• Nickel Member
vox deal???
« Reply #5 on: August 19, 2006, 06:01:23 PM »
yaaaaaaa tater cant talk.  j/k sir. post dx for us

Offline tatertot

• Nickel Member
vox deal???
« Reply #6 on: August 19, 2006, 09:01:14 PM »
ok how do i post it on here jts

Offline StarOfAfrica2

• Platinum Member
      • http://www.vf-17.org
vox deal???
« Reply #7 on: August 20, 2006, 01:37:15 AM »
Go to the last tab, there's a button that gives you the option to save a copy of your diagnostic report as a text file.  Save it to your desktop or somewhere you can find it easy.  Then open the text file and copy/paste about the first 1/3 of it here (go through the area where it lists all your hardware and the drivers).

Offline OOZ662

• Platinum Member
vox deal???
« Reply #8 on: August 20, 2006, 01:39:31 AM »
It's actually on all of the tabs.

To get to what we're talking about, go to Start>Run>type DXDIAG
A Rook who first flew 09/26/03 at the age of 13, has been a GL in 10+ Scenarios, and was two-time Points and First Annual 68KO Cup winner of the AH Extreme Air Racing League.

Offline tatertot

• Nickel Member
vox deal???
« Reply #9 on: August 21, 2006, 11:44:14 AM »
ok i think i might have fixed it,heres what i did.I changed back to the original video card that came with cpu nividia gforce 5200 999000 gave me his old ridion or whatever it is,1 question could the sound card be hampered by the video card i messed with thius and that after and bang now it reads my sound setup, guess it doesnt matter now but id like to know for future issues thanks

Offline StarOfAfrica2

• Platinum Member
      • http://www.vf-17.org
vox deal???
« Reply #10 on: August 21, 2006, 12:53:50 PM »
Could have been an IRQ sharing issue.

Offline tatertot

• Nickel Member
vox deal???
« Reply #11 on: August 21, 2006, 04:01:19 PM »
what exactly is a irq issue star??

Offline JTs

• Nickel Member
vox deal???
« Reply #12 on: August 21, 2006, 04:51:26 PM »
very simple answer is thats how hardware talks to the cpu. no disrespect intened.