Author Topic: Hey Hitech  (Read 1569 times)

Offline SlapShot

• Plutonium Member
Hey Hitech
« Reply #45 on: August 21, 2006, 01:26:03 PM »
Originally posted by rshubert
Yet...

You seem to take the boards so seriously.

Hmmm...

Someone let you out from under your rock to stalk me eh ?
SlapShot - Blue Knights

Guppy: "The only risk we take is the fight, and since no one really dies, the reward is the fight."

Offline daddog

• Aces High CM Staff (Retired)
  • Plutonium Member
      • http://www.332nd.org
Hey Hitech
« Reply #46 on: August 21, 2006, 01:41:06 PM »
Think what you want. Dicho is, if nothing else, sincere.

I know it was an honest, (if naive) request. Most of us would not have given it a 2nd thought, but he is new to the community and to the game. I doubt HTC would want to be bothered with changing scores over things like that.

No harm in asking Dicho. :)
Noses in the wind since 1997
332nd Flying Mongrels
daddog
Knowing for Sure

Offline SlapShot

• Plutonium Member
Hey Hitech
« Reply #47 on: August 21, 2006, 01:46:48 PM »
Originally posted by Dichotomy
by the way slap.. I have a lot to be concerned about.  However if I don't follow a code of ethics online and off how can I raise my kids to have a code of ethics that they can believe in?  I don't drop my morals and codes when I put my headset on and fire up AH.

Nobody, myself included, is asking you to put aside your morals and codes ... I just find it odd that one need to come onto a BBS and present such a "dilemma".

Ya shot the guys kill ... it happens ... I did it the other night too. I apologized to the other guy ... he said it was cool and thats where it ended. I found no need to come onto the BBS and publicly ask HT and Co. to take a kill from me. In the schema of life ... that kill doesn't even register on any scale ... moral or ethical.
SlapShot - Blue Knights

Guppy: "The only risk we take is the fight, and since no one really dies, the reward is the fight."

Offline Dichotomy

• Plutonium Member
Hey Hitech
« Reply #48 on: August 21, 2006, 02:00:01 PM »
oh trust me dude it didn't ruin my night.  I didn't sit up and worry about it I was just curious if it could be done.  I did feel bad for the guy whose kill I grabbed.  He might be playing for perks and that might have been the one plane he needed to get his goal.  Like you said a kill is a kill and so forth and don't think I'm questioning anybodys morals or ethics and if that's the way I came across that was not my intent.  I play the game my way by rules that I set for myself.  You may play it differently and that's cool too.  As I believe I have said if everybody played the same way and had the same thought processes this place would get boring in about a week.  The thing that keeps it challenging from what I've seen is you can be in a situation where you think X is going to happen and wind up getting your tail shot off because Z happened.  

But yes I do teach my kids to play by rules of sportsmanship etc even when it's just to see who can swim the pool fastest.  Congratulate the winner or the loser and call their own fouls on the basketball court.  I do the same in this sim.  It's just me ya know?

Now I have to go beat my child with a 2 X 4 for picking up that penny. ;)
« Last Edit: August 21, 2006, 02:03:42 PM by Dichotomy »
JG11 - Dicho37Only The Proud Only The Strong AH Players who've passed on :salute

Offline JB88

• Plutonium Member
Hey Hitech
« Reply #49 on: August 21, 2006, 02:06:19 PM »
:cool:
this thread is doomed.
www.augustbach.com  

To strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield. -Ulysses.

word.

Offline scottydawg

• Silver Member
      • http://www.332nd.org
Hey Hitech
« Reply #50 on: August 21, 2006, 06:10:05 PM »
Dicho, you are too innocent and pure for this world. ;)

Don't feel bad, I got yelled at last night by some guy who thought I was stealing his kill... it was almost the same time you were undeservedly catching flak as well.
I was on the con's 6 and couldn't see he was missing his tail, wasn't smoking or anything. As soon as he yelled on vox I broke off(and didn't get a kill or an assist either), but he continued to holler on vox for 5 minutes about killstealers. *shrug*

Some people forget it's a game...  I'm glad to have ya as a squaddie, because you know what it's really about... fun.

Offline Dichotomy

• Plutonium Member
Hey Hitech
« Reply #51 on: August 21, 2006, 06:46:26 PM »
roger that..

and back atcha :aok
JG11 - Dicho37Only The Proud Only The Strong AH Players who've passed on :salute

Offline NCLawman

• Nickel Member
Hey Hitech
« Reply #52 on: August 22, 2006, 06:49:37 AM »
Ever thought of switching to decaf?
:huh
Jeff / NCLawMan (in-game)

Those who contribute the least to society, expect the most from it.

Light travels faster than sound.  This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

Offline Simaril

• Platinum Member
Hey Hitech
« Reply #53 on: August 22, 2006, 06:52:46 AM »
Originally posted by JB88
oooooooh no you're not...

.......snip........

your deep in the doo doo mister and with that, i lob my own accusation and stereo type, thrice removed and lay claim that you sir are just a much a lobber of stereo types and accusations as the rest of us garden variety miscreates.

you just dont know it yet.

..snip......

Yeah, you're right. My bad.

I reread what I posted, and the last one did come across a lot stronger than I meant it to.  

Serves me right for hammering out a post in the middle of a busy work day.

No offense intended, and I hope none taken. 88 and Krusty!

Lemme try to share what I had in mind a better way.

The only way "pressure" can be part of morality is if we think of morals as external rules that restrict us from doing and being who we really are. Truth is, there are tons of people out there who live this way, trying to do good and to be good to make somebody else (there peers or their god) think good things about them. The guys who make beiief look bad (often when hypocrisy is revealed) come from this group, by and large.

I believe that kind of morality is pretty close to worthless in the eyes of God. He sees who we are on the inside, and says that the reality INside is the only part he cares about.

The other kind of morality comes when the person is changed inside, and their "morals" are just an expression of who they are. They couldnt cheat on their taxes, or clean out the wallet they found before returning it, because its just not in them to do it....it would be a self contradiction. As a modern example, think about Mother Theresa...you could tell she lived that way because that's who she was, not because she was putting "gunna make a diamond" pressure on herself all her life.

And knowing this new guy Dichotomy, I saw his post as nothing more than asking how to return the wallet. If there's no way to find who owns it, he'll be OK with figuring out what to do with the windfall...without a pressure filled core of guilt. His kids will come out fine, I'm sure.

Anyway, sorry again for coming on too strong.
« Last Edit: August 22, 2006, 06:56:52 AM by Simaril »
Maturity is knowing that I've been an idiot in the past.
Wisdom is realizing I will be an idiot in the future.
Common sense is trying to not be an idiot right now

"Social Fads are for sheeple." - Meatwad

Offline Ghosth

• AH Training Corps (retired)
  • Plutonium Member
      • http://332nd.org
Hey Hitech
« Reply #54 on: August 22, 2006, 07:47:08 AM »
Simaril sir, with all respect, you were right on the money.
You saw an innocent post from an  friend who is quite new to AH and stood up for him. Stand by your guns, the attack was overdone, but your responce was right on the money.   well done sir.

Dichotomy, if I might make a small suggestion?
When in doubt, as the squadies first. Then if no one has an answer bring it to here. Fact of the matter is all too many people here are from the wrong side of the tracks. They don't play fair, and there is NO mercy.

Krusty, if there is an attention potato around here its you sir.
Might I suggest you take a valium, some outside air & a big chill pill.
Its getting so I dump out of any thread I see your avatar in. Because it always comes down to this kind of a cat fight.  Shame on you sir.

Reynolds, 332nd has good pilots because we LOOK for good pilots.
Because Daddog sets an example very very few are big enough to follow.
In the almost 6 years of flying AH I can number the pilots with his kind of class on one hand. The good one's that we find that are not already taken we scoop up.  Maybe you should join us?  

Offline Krusty

• Radioactive Member
Hey Hitech
« Reply #55 on: August 22, 2006, 04:41:11 PM »
Originally posted by Ghosth
Krusty, if there is an attention potato around here its you sir.
Might I suggest you take a valium, some outside air & a big chill pill.
Its getting so I dump out of any thread I see your avatar in. Because it always comes down to this kind of a cat fight.  Shame on you sir.

Strange... since... well.. this is one of the FEW times I have ever made a post about smelling stinky bait, EVER.

Offline FBplmmr

• Silver Member
Hey Hitech
« Reply #56 on: August 22, 2006, 06:18:35 PM »
off topic but...

everytime I see Krusty in flight or his name in text buffer I bust out laughing because I picture  his avatar sitting in the cockpit of a plane!

it just kills me, everytime!:rolleyes:

back on topic,... ya I  apparently took Dicho's post the wrong way at first too

sorry Dicho .. weird how different people took the same statement to mean different things .. hmmm

di·chot·o·my   Audio pronunciation of "dichotomy" ( P )  Pronunciation Key  (d-kt-m)
n. pl. di·chot·o·mies

1. Division into two usually contradictory parts or opinions: “the dichotomy of the one and the many” (Louis Auchincloss).

now thats kinda funny :lol