Author Topic: I can't use the throttle level and can't start X "Auto take off"  (Read 601 times)

Offline ELSID

• Zinc Member
I can't use the throttle level and can't start X "Auto take off"
« on: September 19, 2006, 10:13:41 AM »
:( I play started this game yesterday.

for the take off, i push the button X.(Of course 80~90% matster Map key.)

but noting happen.  so for use throttle lever  push the + + + again and

again.......   NOTTING TO HAPPEN!!

engine start "E" , primary gun "F", secondary gun "B" and All gun "N"

"R" ~~~  well handled

BUT CAN'T START SPEEEED UP FOR THE FLYING!

it's my computer problem? or not patched?

when i first install all patch done  and  ATL+TAB  go out game window.

seeing the Warning popup window about safe for computer.

so.. think about a short while and press the Cancel.(because care of virus

, AD-code like that... I reinstall the game but that pop-up window not again

come out. may be not accept the winow option is the main problem...)

anybody know about this problem?

sorry about my English level :(  i think i write the post not good well.

I live in South-Korea.

please help me.
« Last Edit: September 19, 2006, 10:15:55 AM by ELSID »

Offline Schatzi

• Platinum Member
      • http://www.slowcat.de
« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2006, 10:32:28 AM »
Hi ELSID!

Welcome to Aces High!

First of all, do you have a Joystick installed or do you fly with mouse?

Youll need to set those up in game options before you fly. For help with Joystick, go . For help to set up mouse, go . Its easiest to print those instructions out to have them while in game.

When you have throttle control on your Joystick (lever) or mouse (wheel) the keyboard command to increase throttle will no longer work.

For a quick reference on default keymap . Its also recomendable to print that out and have close while playing.

The X key will not automatically take you off. Its the "autopilot for level flight", to be used when youre already in the air. To have the computer take off, make sure autotakeoff is enabled in OPTIONS > PREFERENCES > Flight on your clipboard map (ESC key). Then when launching on a runway, for example NE direction, just press E to start engine and throttle up. Computer does the rest then. Do not move mouse/joystick, as that will switch the autotakeoff off and leave you in control of the plane.

Hammer's Net Aces is a great page with lots of info on how the game works, how to set things up and how to fly. In addidtion to the help file.

Also, you have a 2 week free trial period for online arena play. You can go to the Training Arena and look for a Trainer or longtime player to help you. Or you contact the Trainers by email trainers@hitechcreations.com with your ingame name and times your available. One of us will set a date with you and help you get setup and started with the game.

Ill be online later tonight in the Training Arena. My ingame name is Schatzi as well. Use the / key to open chat, then type your message and ENTER to send.
21 is only half the truth.

Offline Radys

• Zinc Member
« Reply #2 on: September 20, 2006, 08:56:04 AM »
Hi, all !
OK, maybe I'm stupid, I can deal with planes, but I can't get a tank or jeep to move. I don't have a joystick.
I do this:
- E     start the engine
- W or Q scrool around gears, I suppose the first gear is first.
- What next?
The same with the PT boat.    :)

Offline Max

• Platinum Member
« Reply #3 on: September 20, 2006, 10:06:49 AM »
If you really want to get the full benefit of Aces High, invest in a joystick. A Saitek Evo will do just fine for starters.

Once you have a joystick, check out http://www.netaces.org for all the info needed to set-up the joystick.

Good luck and welcome to Aces High.

Offline Schatzi

• Platinum Member
      • http://www.slowcat.de
« Reply #4 on: September 20, 2006, 10:17:58 AM »
Originally posted by Radys
Hi, all !
OK, maybe I'm stupid, I can deal with planes, but I can't get a tank or jeep to move. I don't have a joystick.
I do this:
- E     start the engine
- W or Q scrool around gears, I suppose the first gear is first.
- What next?
The same with the PT boat.    :)

Make sure that when you set up your mouse, you also mapped "mode 2 (vehicles & boats)" in SETUP > CONTROLS > Map Controller. Also check the box saying "auto select mode at start.....".

To drive a vehicle (or PT boat), you now have to start engine with E, shift gears with Q/W and push your mouse away from you to accellerate. Mouse left/right to steer, mouse back to brake.

And Max is right. The game is a lot more enjoyable even with a cheap Joystick. All you need is a 8-way hatswitch for views, a throttle lever, some rudder control (twisty) and as many buttons as you can get. Good sticks at low price (20-30 USD) are Saitek Evo or Thrustmaster afterburner 2. Just stay away from Logitech sticks, they have lots of trouble lately.
21 is only half the truth.