Author Topic: Screenshot of the Day (2)  (Read 336 times)

Nath-BDP

Screenshot of the Day (2)
« on: February 19, 2001, 04:25:00 PM »

------------------
Nath_____
9./JG 54 "Grünherz"

A captured Bolshevik pilot once stated, "In battle, the fighters with the green hearts are generally in the minority. But when they're there, things realy heat up. They're all aces!"

[This message has been edited by Nath-BDP (edited 02-19-2001).]

Offline Fishu

• Gold Member
« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2001, 06:30:00 PM »

Offline RAM

• Parolee
  • Zinc Member
« Reply #2 on: February 19, 2001, 06:37:00 PM »
Ok fishu, I'll bite:

Which is that sim?!

Offline Mathman

• Silver Member
« Reply #3 on: February 19, 2001, 06:47:00 PM »
RAM,

It is B-17 II.  Great bomber sim, so-so fighter sim.  Can get pretty intense flying through flak and hearing a crewmember grunt when he is hit by shrapnel or being swarmed by a gang of LW planes trying to shoot you down as you frantically man the guns trying to nail them first.

-math

------------------
"Any American fighter near Orote Penninsula.  I have forty Jap planes surrounded and need a little help."
-Ens. W.B. "Spider" Webb during the Marians Turkey Shoot

AKSeaWulfe

« Reply #4 on: February 19, 2001, 07:17:00 PM »
If you get the latest patch, a program called RAM Idle from (freeware)www.tweaknow.com(freeware),  and go to bombs-away.net and download skins from there or from http://www.b17themighty8th.com7.org/  B17II becomes a whole new game.

I've highly modified the RiverAndRoadsDB.imf in the /resources/media(I think) folder to allow for my crew members to die instantly or to die within a few minutes if they recieve a near fatal hit(ie: cannon shells).
I also modified the scripts.omf file to allow for promotions for guys that do a lot of stuff during flight and shoot down 1 or 2 fighters. It takes about 4 missions, but atleast promotions happen now.

It's amazing what you can do with a hex editor(or a C++ compiler which has a built in hex editor ala MS Visual C++), and the file editor Wayward released(allowing in game art to be edited).
Now if they just fix the damned FM I'll be a happy camper. :-)
Oh here's an image in the spirit of B17II I took today after I drove(literally) across the English countryside on a quick mission:

Looks better in bmp format!!
-SW

[This message has been edited by AKSeaWulfe (edited 02-19-2001).]

AKSeaWulfe

« Reply #5 on: February 19, 2001, 07:36:00 PM »
Here's another one:

I created the nose art using PSP6.0 and stuck it into the game file to see it in game.
-SW

Offline bloom25

• Silver Member
« Reply #6 on: February 20, 2001, 07:38:00 PM »

------------------
bloom25
THUNDERBIRDS