Author Topic: Kinda says it all :)  (Read 429 times)

Offline Guppy35

• Radioactive Member
Kinda says it all :)
« on: September 24, 2006, 12:18:31 AM »
So I get home from work late and finally decide to wander into the Latewar arena for the first time since the change.

I'm a Knit since that's what I was before the change and I hadn't moved.  Numbers are 100 knits, 77 Rooks, 64 Bish.

Knits are complaining about ENY.  Funny how that works.  I tell em fly a 38G it won't be an issue.  With that said off I go in the 38G of my doom.

Nothing but LAs, N1Ks F4Us and 51s do I see.  But thats the way it is so no prob and in I go although in typical fashion I'm lower then the baduns.

I kill a 51, then an F4U and then an LA7.  Fuels getting low and the baduns are multiplying so I figure I'll head back to base.  I see a fellow knit in trouble and call for him to break, but I'm under a quarter tank and a long way to go.  Then I say the heck with it and turn back in to help and shoot a N1K off him.

He then decides to holler at me for help, even though I've already cleared one off him and I now have another LA and 51 on me.  But they must not see many 38Gs cause they can't hit me and I suck.  I turn inside em, roll in behind the Knit in trouble and shoot a 51 off him.  No comment, no nothing, but it's all good.

Now the crowd has gotten bigger and my fuel gauge is right above empty.  I'm slow and turning on the deck and as I force a couple overshoots an LA crosses in front of me and I blast him.  Kill 6, which I never do, and I still haven't been hit.

What happens next?  The Knit who I've cleared two planes off of, starts to yell at me for killing the LA that went in front of me cause he'd been on the LA the whole time!

I laughed and apologized for turning back and helping him, as my 38G runs out of fuel and the engines quit.  I then level out, laughing at the absurdity of it all as the mob then blasts my powerless 38 to little bits.

Ahh Latewar, just like I remember the MA used to be :)
Dan/CorkyJr
8th FS "Headhunters

Offline Eagler

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2006, 12:32:04 AM »
nice sortie
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

Intel Core i7-13700KF | GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS Elite AX | 64GB G.Skill DDR5 | 16GB GIGABYTE RTX 4070 Ti Super | 850 watt ps | pimax Crystal Light | Warthog stick | TM1600 throttle | VKB Mk.V Rudder

Offline mussie

• Gold Member
« Reply #2 on: September 24, 2006, 12:57:03 AM »
Yep Guppy

Thats Why I have not been able to bring myself to fly in any other arena except EW....

The phrase I hate most : "Why didn't anyone give me a check six"

I think that Dic... I mean Knight you were helping needs to learn that "A Check Six is a gift and not a right".....

There should be a command you can use when you hear somone *****ing about not getting chk6's. It would freeze there contols and display This  in the middle of there screen.

Come fly in EW your 38G is there

Offline Hap

• Gold Member
« Reply #3 on: September 24, 2006, 12:59:18 AM »
Well told tale, Guppy.

:aok

hap

Offline KaK3

• Zinc Member
« Reply #4 on: September 24, 2006, 01:10:03 AM »
WoW  how  awesome you are , but your glee is in the minority by a majority:)

Happiness is being able to stop paying for what you dont enjoy any longer

Offline nirvana

• Platinum Member
« Reply #5 on: September 24, 2006, 02:00:13 AM »
Who said he didn't enjoy it Kak?  LW is like the old MA but the EW is where the real fights are.  You're a veteran of the game and yadda yadda, you claim your greatness by saying you could quit and yet you still stalk the boards for fresh meat.  Charming sir.
Who are you to wave your finger?

Offline BigR

• Silver Member
« Reply #6 on: September 24, 2006, 02:02:03 AM »
Originally posted by KaK3

Are you on drugs?

Offline Guppy35

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #7 on: September 24, 2006, 02:44:52 AM »
Originally posted by KaK3

Hardly claiming to be awesome :)  Just surprised to get chewed out for killing a badguy that flew in front of me, by a fellow Knit who I'd turned back to help, killing two on his tail in the process and making sure that I wasn't going to be able to RTB for lack of fuel cause I figured it was the right thing to do....help the other knit.

Corky I need help here..... OK otw....I got the 51, watch the N1K......I got the NiK but now there is an LA and a 51 on me are you clear...no response.  Twisty turny and the 51 misses and the LA overshoots out front of me and I kill em......Corky that was my kill!  Why'd you shoot him!?

Umm....er.... I didn't know he had your name on him.....Guess I should apologize for turning back to help you......:)

Just pointing out how some things never change
Dan/CorkyJr
8th FS "Headhunters

Offline FrodeMk3

• Gold Member
« Reply #8 on: September 24, 2006, 03:33:38 AM »
Corky, You shoulda just flew in front of the guy when he went to take the shot on the LA. Killshooter woulda done the rest.

Offline Sketch

• Silver Member
      • http://www.arabian-knights.org
« Reply #9 on: September 24, 2006, 03:35:18 AM »
I hear you Corky... no greatfulness from anyone.  I spend most my time in the Early or Mid arena's as once I jumped to the Late-Era one I was raped by LA's, Niki's and Spit's.... waste of my time.  I would rather roll around in the other two arena's and get waxed in a 1v1 over and over that get raped by the hordes or the dweeb planes.  Early and MId is where the fun fights are! I just wish tye would stop coming in at 20K and get down here and fight! :aok
~Sketch~//~Arabian Knights~
Sketch's Gunsight Collection 2008
Sketchworks Arabian Knights Soundpack
~Oderint Dum Metuant~

Offline Schatzi

• Platinum Member
      • http://www.slowcat.de
« Reply #10 on: September 24, 2006, 03:52:22 AM »
Nice AAR, sounds like you had fun there Corky!

And never mind some people, you just cant make them happy. If you handt killed the LA he wouldve complained about you not clearing him.....

PS: Logged into the EWA last night, to a vast choice of 4 fields to up from. Was a fun fight trying to prolong our demise and defend A56 for a few minutes!
21 is only half the truth.

Offline Reynolds

• Gold Member
      • http://flyingknights.csmsites.com
« Reply #11 on: September 24, 2006, 04:52:39 AM »
I like EW myself, though I tend to miss some of my late-war rides like the G-14.