Author Topic: Enemy Limiter  (Read 1445 times)

Offline uberhun

• Nickel Member
Enemy Limiter
« Reply #15 on: September 01, 2006, 02:26:05 PM »
Originally posted by Reynolds
I know, its just annoying to be sitting at a base with one other knight and say, "We need help at 144 fast!" there are over 50 knights on line and no one comes. I die, and then the other guy does. "Field 144 has been captured by the rooks". Now imagine that every 5 minutes!

It is still a game that provides amusement "on occasion" When I first started playing it was, "Yeah kill em all, take their base woo hoo". Now it is pretty much country indifference. Oh you guys want to take a base cool! You want to furball cool! Bottom line Reynolds is, I get my $14.95's worth out of it because I do not concern myself with the knights loosing the map again. It comes with it's own perks, i.e. 262'S get pretty cheap along with tigers and what not. Again it happens to every country. I remember about oh I would say about 9 mo's ago the knight's were rolling up everyone's arse. It is just our turn to get our butts handed to us. Also remember their is alot of summer temps on you will see that change real quick next week!

Offline Reynolds

• Gold Member
      • http://flyingknights.csmsites.com
Enemy Limiter
« Reply #16 on: September 01, 2006, 10:19:46 PM »
Yeah, I just want to win ONCE. The knights have never won while I have been playing.

Offline RTSigma

• Silver Member
Enemy Limiter
« Reply #17 on: September 01, 2006, 11:18:40 PM »
I don't think theres any "winning" in AH2. To me, winning is surviving the fight, besting someone in combat or a successful bomb run.

Sigma of VF-17 JOLLY ROGERS

Offline fireplug1111

• Zinc Member
Enemy Limiter
« Reply #18 on: September 02, 2006, 07:52:37 PM »
The way I see it is-------  It take all the Rooks and all the Bishops to gang up on us Knights to win.    They cant do it on thier own.

Offline soupcan

• Copper Member
Re: Enemy Limiter
« Reply #19 on: September 02, 2006, 09:47:08 PM »
Originally posted by NHawk
This is the perfect argument for enforcing the limit no matter how many are online...

And who do you you think they are all attacking?

i am currently flying rook... in this situation i know who i am attacking
.... bish. yep thats right bish.

which team is greater threat to my country?... yep, bish...
Addicted since tour 62.
news in game.
http://www.415thsquad.com/

Offline soupcan

• Copper Member
Enemy Limiter
« Reply #20 on: September 02, 2006, 09:54:24 PM »
Force a bunch of random rooks and bish, or just those with high perk points, and switch them with low perk point knights.

GIVE YOUR HEAD A SHAKE ... NO REALLY THATS CRAZY

I noticed on the Rooks, they were (no offense) very ritcheous and assuming. /B]

I'M SURE YOU MET A GOOD PERCENTAGE OF THE ROOKS DURING YOUR
BRIEF ONE DAY VISIT.:rolleyes:
Addicted since tour 62.
news in game.
http://www.415thsquad.com/

Offline moneyguy

• Silver Member
Enemy Limiter
« Reply #21 on: September 02, 2006, 10:31:21 PM »
Originally posted by fireplug1111
The way I see it is-------  It take all the Rooks and all the Bishops to gang up on us Knights to win.    They cant do it on thier own.

the funny thing is...the bishops say the same thing about the rooks and knights and the rooks say the same thing about the knights and bish.  ive played on all sides. all the countrys are the same exept the names of the people you fly with.

Offline moneyguy

• Silver Member
Enemy Limiter
« Reply #22 on: September 02, 2006, 10:35:02 PM »
I know, its just annoying to be sitting at a base with one other knight and say, "We need help at 144 fast!" there are over 50 knights on line and no one comes. I die, and then the other guy does. "Field 144 has been captured by the rooks". Now imagine that every 5 minutes!

only 50 online??   they may have been busy defending other bases. dont get mad if others dont want to play the way you want to. its better if you just go with the flow. if 20 badguys are attacking the base your at and its only a couple of you, move on to another base. they are going to take it anyways.

Offline NHawk

• Silver Member
Enemy Limiter
« Reply #23 on: September 03, 2006, 05:28:33 AM »
This thread has nothing to do with Bishops, Rooks or Knights. It has to do with numbers. It makes no difference which country had the 20 and which had the 50 online.
Most of the people you meet in life are like slinkies. Pretty much useless, but still bring a smile to your face when you push them down the stairs.
-------------------------------
Sometimes I think I have alzheimers. But then I forget about it and it's not a problem anymore.

Offline Iron_Cross

• Nickel Member
Enemy Limiter
« Reply #24 on: September 03, 2006, 05:44:04 AM »
Bunca whiny arsed B'tards.  

Implement the damn thing for all I care.

I'll still be able to fly my 109F, FM-2, C-205, or anything over 30 ENY.:p

Just means you will be vulch-swarmed by Spit I's, Hurri I's, and be bombed into submition by Boston III's.:rofl :rofl :rofl

Offline viper215

• Silver Member
      • http://www.bops.us
Re: Re: Enemy Limiter
« Reply #25 on: September 03, 2006, 01:01:09 PM »
Originally posted by soupcan
i am currently flying rook... in this situation i know who i am attacking
.... bish. yep thats right bish.

which team is greater threat to my country?... yep, bish...

It could have been that you were bish...yep bish...and the hell hawks and "anti bop bish.";)
- Viper215 - Birds of Prey - Falcon Wing -
               - www.bops.us -

Offline Reynolds

• Gold Member
      • http://flyingknights.csmsites.com
Enemy Limiter
« Reply #26 on: September 03, 2006, 08:55:11 PM »
Originally posted by moneyguy
only 50 online??   they may have been busy defending other bases. dont get mad if others dont want to play the way you want to. its better if you just go with the flow. if 20 badguys are attacking the base your at and its only a couple of you, move on to another base. they are going to take it anyways.

Thats when its about 50 all around on all sides. But it never realy matters hjow many we have. even if we outnumber the others (Which I have seen) no one help each other out! Whenever I see a call for help, unless where I am at is in more danger, ill auger and help. If im in a perk-plane ill land and then go help. But either way, i drop what im doing and go help! Work together peopl! Not that hard!

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
Enemy Limiter
« Reply #27 on: September 03, 2006, 10:24:24 PM »
Whenever I see a call for help, unless where I am at is in more danger, ill auger and help. If im in a perk-plane ill land and then go help. But either way, i drop what im doing and go help! Work together peopl! Not that hard!

Thatīs your style of playing, but donīt expect others to do the same way. For example for me itīs about flying a sortie and coming back alive. I donīt simply auger because somebody is crying for help. In extreme situations I might contemplate a ditch in friendly territory, but I wonīt bail or auger. (IMHO its only a little step from that to "bomb&bail", which I utterly despise)

And most of the time there are cries for help every other minute, I donīt find hurrying across the arena in response to everyone of them much fun. And people who are absolutely not into that "win teh war!!" thing (and there are quite a lot of them) will be much less inclined to do so. And they are right, īcause how did Confucius say: "Its their 14.95"

(Also, it very much depends on who is calling for help. All those little "when will stupid knights learn to XXX" whining generals have lost my support)
Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman

Offline Bruv119

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
      • http://www.thefewsquadron.co.uk
Enemy Limiter
« Reply #28 on: September 04, 2006, 12:51:21 AM »
"Yeah, I just want to win ONCE. The knights have never won while I have been playing."

Not so long ago whilst I was on knights they won 3 maps in ONE WEEK!

It goes around and comes around reynolds and as stated above its between  9am GMT- noon  4am est til morning.....

Maybe knights actually go to bed and sleep  :)

Plus dont stereotype countries until youve spent time in all of them....

Bruv
~S~
The Few ***
F.P.H