Author Topic: voodoo 2 problem  (Read 699 times)

Offline av8or

• Copper Member
voodoo 2 problem
« on: April 19, 2000, 02:12:00 PM »
i got a voodoo 2 1000 pci the problem i am having is that when i open aces high the screen i too dark.i can see the version number and the hitechcreations at the bottom of the sceen but not the clipboard.Is there an adjustment that i am forgetting? or is this card just not compatible with aces high.At first everything was real white and real light after some adjustments it went dark and won't come out of it.The voodoo 2 is a loopback system and is hooked up to my intel 810 chipset i don't know if they are just fighting each other my system says that there are no conflicts and other programs run good.

Offline Ripsnort

• Radioactive Member
voodoo 2 problem
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2000, 02:31:00 PM »
Hate to sound like a record, but, update your card to the latest drivers(you may already have them), then go in and delete  the video config. file in Aces High directory (under settings) and then restart AH, select what resolution you want, and  select 16 bit.  Shout if that works or not, or what does  work for future reference.

Offline av8or

• Copper Member
voodoo 2 problem
« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2000, 04:09:00 PM »
yea i did that and had a few more problems but after two days of battle got it working.thanks for the quick reply i appreciate it.(and for the help)

Offline Randy MacDonald

• Zinc Member
voodoo 2 problem
« Reply #3 on: April 20, 2000, 07:37:00 PM »
Go to video settings in your contol panel and click on advanced settings. There is a gamma control setting you can use to change the brightness of the picture screen.  
Originally posted by av8or:
i got a voodoo 2 1000 pci the problem i am having is that when i open aces high the screen i too dark.i can see the version number and the hitechcreations at the bottom of the sceen but not the clipboard.Is there an adjustment that i am forgetting? or is this card just not compatible with aces high.At first everything was real white and real light after some adjustments it went dark and won't come out of it.The voodoo 2 is a loopback system and is hooked up to my intel 810 chipset i don't know if they are just fighting each other my system says that there are no conflicts and other programs run good.

------------------
R MacDonald