Author Topic: I thought there were two weeks free???!!!!  (Read 901 times)

RearGunner

I thought there were two weeks free???!!!!
« on: May 19, 2001, 10:20:00 AM »
Well, after getting my password, I logged in, played for an hour, then I logged off. When I try and log back on it says my free time is over????!!! It says to play in the arenas I have to sign up. What happened to the 2 weeks? Pity, I enjoyed the hour I played and was sure I was going to start a subscription, but not when they do this. Anyone else had this problem? Is it a bug??

Offline bloom25

• Silver Member
« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2001, 10:27:00 AM »
You should have gotten the full two weeks free.  I'd e-mail HTC and I'm sure they will fix it for you.

------------------
bloom25
-MAW-
(Formerly of the)
THUNDERBIRDS

RearGunner

« Reply #2 on: May 19, 2001, 11:15:00 AM »
Thanx. I've emailed them, still no reply. Will it matter if I apply for another account as I only had that one for 1 day?

[This message has been edited by RearGunner (edited 05-19-2001).]

Offline Lephturn

• Silver Member
      • http://lephturn.webhop.net
« Reply #3 on: May 19, 2001, 12:46:00 PM »
Uh... it's Saturday.  Give them some time to get back to you.  I don't think you can expect a response that fast, but they will get you sorted out.  Until then, you can still play H2H.  Give that a try to help you through the wait.  

Are you sure you've never installed AH on that computer before?

------------------
Sean "Lephturn" Conrad - Aces High Chief Trainer

A proud member of the mighty Flying Pigs
http://www.flyingpigs.com

Check out Lephturn's Aerodrome for AH articles and training info!

RearGunner

« Reply #4 on: May 19, 2001, 01:17:00 PM »
OK, I'm just just really disappointed. When else can I play AH? Weekends. On weekdays I can rarely play. So missing this weekend I'll only have a week left. Seems a pity as after playing for half an hour I thought this was the best game I've ever played. I tried reinstalling it, no luck. I checked my account status and it says I opened it yesterday.

As for having installed it before, not possible. I just upgraded my old hard drive a week ago and I heard never heard this game up until a few days ago.

Sorry I'm a complete newbie, what's H2H?

Offline XNachoX

• Silver Member
« Reply #5 on: May 19, 2001, 02:07:00 PM »
H2H = Head to Head.  where you can play up against 8 players in a variety of maps that the users have created and it's totally free. forever.  I would play there until HT gets the problems with your acct. sorted out and you really shouldnt be knocking on HTC like that just b/c they havent answered your e-mail 1 day after you sent it on the weekend  anyway.  have fun.

------------------
XNachoX
Proud member of the 56th FG

-------------------------

[This message has been edited by XNachoX (edited 05-19-2001).]

RearGunner

« Reply #6 on: May 19, 2001, 07:11:00 PM »
OK, seems to be working now. Not sure if they did something or I did. Anyway I didn't knock HTC as such. I used to play another online game and they were based in Texas as well. It just seemed like a repeat of what was happening when I was playing that other game. I hope I'm wrong because I like this game.  

RearGunner

« Reply #7 on: May 19, 2001, 07:18:00 PM »
Actually..I take back everything. They did reply and sort it out. So my humblest apologies if I implied anything, these guys (Hitech Creations) are good! I suppose I was too quick to judge. Maybe there are some online games companies that care about their customers after all.   BTW, I'm already hooked on AH. LOL.