Author Topic: short film clip  (Read 455 times)

Offline humble

• Platinum Member
short film clip
« on: November 02, 2006, 07:37:52 PM »
This goes back to the earlier "snapshot" thread. I think that there probably is alot of variation of folks definition of exactly what a snapshot is and how and when to take them. This is the P40 vs 109 clip I mentioned.

Simply one of those times when your facing an equal or better pilot in a better plane and need to do wha t you can if and when the chance occurs. I expected the 109 do suck my E out then spiral climb or do a modified double emel to establish the high ground. Instead he got aggresive and started a series of moves that would eventually leave me floundering  and let him roll over on me. Basically I just got lucky....but I do feel it highlights alot of what I think is important....

1) Keep your views of the con
2) keep your as E possible but maintain your angles at any cost
3) perserve your vertical manuevering and alt (when in doubt go up)
4) always in lag unless your shooting
5) dont chase a bad option (unless your 95% sure its your only one)
6) Use the force:):aok (you'd be suprised how often you can one time em)

http://www.az-dsl.com/snaphook/P40vs109K.ahf

"The beauty of the second amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it."-Pres. Thomas Jefferson

Offline MajWoody

• Gold Member
short film clip
« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2006, 11:21:32 AM »
I always enjoy your films humble,
Thanks for posting them:)
Lets keep the stupid to a minimum.
Old Age and Treachery, will overcome youth and skill EVERYTIME

Offline humble

• Platinum Member
short film clip
« Reply #2 on: November 06, 2006, 02:17:16 PM »
I never know if they help anyone or not. Most of the stuff I'll put up is similiar to the questions I saw as a trainer. Alot of times I look at some of the "uber" clips and the 1st thing thru my mind is....jeez I cant fly like that. 2nd thing is jeez I cant ever shoot like that, 3rd thing is jeez my SA is no where near that good.....last thing is I'd have been dead 30 seconds into this:huh :cry :( :furious ......

Most of what I put up is pretty easy to duplicate with "normal" skill level...of course when I run into blukitty, greebo, apar, lazer etc it shows what happens when you run into "uber":huh :furious :mad:

"The beauty of the second amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it."-Pres. Thomas Jefferson

Offline Major Biggles

• Gold Member
      • 71 Squadron Website
short film clip
« Reply #3 on: November 06, 2006, 02:19:00 PM »
your films are great snaphook. i still learn something new with each clip :)

71 'Eagle' Squadron RAF

Member DFC

Offline Spatula

• Silver Member
short film clip
« Reply #4 on: November 06, 2006, 05:20:45 PM »
Nice, i captured a similar snap-shot on film a few months back - except this time i was the 109K4 v a P38. goes to show how deadly those spuds are if ya can land em...

FWIW
Airborne Kitchen Utensil Assault Group

Offline ScorpCH

• Zinc Member
short film clip
« Reply #5 on: November 07, 2006, 10:45:06 PM »
nice kill snaphook

and spatula nice kill too, but you and i are going to have to have a talk about bish gainging up on knights, and a 38 for that matter!!

both of ya's