Author Topic: yes I know it's a whine....  (Read 510 times)

Offline badhorse

• Silver Member
yes I know it's a whine....
« on: November 26, 2006, 12:11:36 PM »
But will you please do something about the ENY.  Try and defend a CV and all you can take is a TBM or SBD.  On land can't even take up an IL2?  
There are a lot of smart folks here. Can't someone think of a way to even things out without limiting what we can fly?  I know I am just one person and speak only for myself. But I joined and continue to pay to have fun. It isn't fun launching into a fight with a TBM knowing you are going to go against Spits, LA's, etc.
If I'm the lone voice crying in the wilderness, please forgive me.  If you like the ENY like it is, I would sure like to know why.

Always try and be the person your dog thinks you are.

Offline G-Fire25

• Zinc Member
« Reply #1 on: November 26, 2006, 12:19:58 PM »
I second that. Even though I dont fly MA anymore (I'll be back soon, dont worry) I remember the ENY problems.

Offline RumbleB

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #2 on: November 26, 2006, 12:20:14 PM »
Hm, even with ENY it feels like I can always find a decent and enjoyable plane to throw around.

That, or I just switch to the country with less players... I end up mostly on knights as they usually have less players. but with eny I just take it as an excuse to get out of my day to day ki-84 tarding.

Offline justfreds

• Parolee
  • Zinc Member
« Reply #3 on: November 26, 2006, 02:08:55 PM »
i dont know about you guys, but that sbd is a very good plane for defending a base!!!! people dont really expect you to turn and fight them
plus on the upside the sbd turns very good (when you use some flaps)
and it has x2 concentrated .50's.
for examlpe i took a b24's wing off last night with a sbd.  it didnt take much ammo either.

this is my $.02

Offline hubsonfire

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #4 on: November 26, 2006, 03:09:17 PM »
ENY isn't the problem- it's the people who insist on imbalance AND the full planeset.
mook
++Blue Knights++

Proper punctuation and capitalization go a long way towards people paying attention to your posts.  -Stoney
I was wondering why I get ignored so often.  -Hitech

Offline Karnak

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #5 on: November 26, 2006, 04:02:41 PM »
What is the ENY of the A6M2?  I would be very surprised if it is ever disabled.

Therefore the OP is lying in order to make his plight sound worse than it is.  He had a fighter available, but wanted a better one and the numbers both.
Petals floating by,
      Drift through my woman's hand,
             As she remembers me-

Offline badhorse

• Silver Member
« Reply #6 on: November 26, 2006, 05:29:44 PM »
Originally posted by Karnak
lying in order to make his plight sound worse than it is.  

I took off from a CV in a TBM. One of my squadies was going to up a ZEKE.  He said he couldn't get one because the ENY was to high so he took an SBD.
I have no reason to believe he was lying. I KNOW I'M NOT.  

Feel free to address ENY. I asked for other options or even reasons the the existing way is the right way.  But to call me a liar was a low thing to do and not in the spirit of these fourms.  I think sir you may have mental issues.  Have a happy holiday and don't forget to take your meds.

Offline hubsonfire

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #7 on: November 26, 2006, 07:50:18 PM »
Which arena did this take place in?
mook
++Blue Knights++

Proper punctuation and capitalization go a long way towards people paying attention to your posts.  -Stoney
I was wondering why I get ignored so often.  -Hitech

Offline Meatwad

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #8 on: November 26, 2006, 08:15:53 PM »
When the ENY gets too high, I pick a different plane to fly

Problem solved
See Rule 19- Do not place sausage on pizza.
I am No-Sausage-On-Pizza-Wad.
Das Funkillah - I kill hangers, therefore I am a funkiller. Coming to a vulchfest near you.
You cant tie a loop around 400000 lbs of locomotive using a 2 foot rope - Drediock on fat women

Offline badhorse

• Silver Member
« Reply #9 on: November 26, 2006, 08:54:32 PM »
Originally posted by hubsonfire
Which arena did this take place in?

It was the early arena.  I checked tonight. The A6M2 had an eny of 20.
When I left, the eny was at 24.

Offline MadBull

• Copper Member
« Reply #10 on: November 26, 2006, 09:10:14 PM »
Here's something I've wondered about since the whole ENY thing started.

When one country is severely out numbered they get a discount on perk rides. Like tonight in the Blue arena we were flying 262's for 85 perks a piece. With a perk multiplyer of 1.88 to 1.91

My question is when it gets this bad how come some of the lower perk ride's don't become free to help out the lower numbered country.

In the above mentioned scenario the c-hog still had a perk cost of 5 and the Tempest was running between 30 to 50 yet the 262 had dopped by 150 plus perks.

Now don't get me wrong I agree that the ENY system still need a good overhaul. I've been on both sides of the ENY many times.

But maybe it might help persuade some people to switch sides.