Author Topic: Hitech  (Read 1351 times)

Offline SlapShot

• Plutonium Member
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Hitech
« Reply #30 on: January 03, 2007, 05:19:30 PM »
Originally posted by Bronk
Slappy my reply to skyrock was sarcastic.
Also thats what i was getting at in the second post thats why the rolling eyes.

I don't know about the NOT shooting the little dudes. But I'm thinking someone was in the manned gun  didn't see the little dude and got popped. Bet the auto was down already.

Ohh and one well placed .45 to the head is just as dead as many .50 all over.

Bronk

Sorry ... didnt have my sarcastic meter turned on ...  :D

I dare ya to find a "head" when attacking a field gun in a .45

I am not saying that taking field guns out with 50 cals is extremly hard, I can get 2 or 3 on one pass ... it's just not as easy as the cannon planes have it ... they just have to get close.

Personally I prefer to use rockets ... much more fun.
SlapShot - Blue Knights

Guppy: "The only risk we take is the fight, and since no one really dies, the reward is the fight."

Offline Bronk

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
Hitech
« Reply #31 on: January 03, 2007, 05:23:36 PM »
Originally posted by Brenjen
In earlier versions of AH you could kill a soft gun that someone was in by shooting the seat with your .45. I don't know if that still works or not.

This is a possibility Slappy.

Bronk
See Rule #4

Offline brucerer

• Zinc Member
      • http://www.miraclehat.net
Hitech
« Reply #32 on: January 03, 2007, 08:46:13 PM »
Originally posted by Apeking
My tactic is to bail out about thirty or forty miles away from the enemy base, so that I'm far out of range of the flak, and also so that the enemy does not suspect that I am about to pay a visit. I then slowly make my way to the target, hiding in trees along the way. I only move during the twilight hours. For my final approach I take cover behind hangars and buildings so that the flak guns cannot hit me.

I have rehearsed myself thoroughly, and after six months of this I have managed to pare my sortie time down to about eight hours. It takes a further twelve hours to return on foot to my home base, but I just rest a paperweight on the R key and leave the machine on overnight. If I die, I die. Obviously I don't land any kills this way, but I want to immerse myself in the magic of Aces High.

PISS FUNNY :)

On a more serious level, I wonder how long before the wishlist fills up with requests for people to control the paratroopers directly, with sniper rifles and bazookas etc?

.. And thats not a half bad idea  :lol

Offline E25280

• Gold Member
      • http://125thspartanforums.com
Hitech
« Reply #33 on: January 03, 2007, 08:55:15 PM »
On a more serious level, I wonder how long before the wishlist fills up with requests for people to control the paratroopers directly, with sniper rifles and bazookas etc?
It has been requested several times . . . but not nearly as often as the N00k!!!!
Brauno in a past life, followed by LTARget
SWtarget in current incarnation
Captain and Communications Officer~125th Spartans

"Proudly drawing fire so that my brothers may pass unharmed."

Offline Brenjen

• Silver Member
Hitech
« Reply #34 on: January 03, 2007, 09:06:18 PM »
AH the good ol' nook. I was wondering how long it would be before that was mentioned. On that note I want to say, they should change the name from "wish-list" to "ignored wishes list"

In the couple years I've been here I haven't seen any of the serious wishes addressed. The jeep got added (oh joy) So why not ask for bazookas & sniper rifles. Heck can I have a water cooled .30 & some extra sandbags so I can bunker up in the map-room & kill the waves of baddies as they come through the door. Or at least give me a couple magazines to reload my .45 :rofl

Offline TequilaChaser

• AH Training Corps - Retired
  • Plutonium Member
      • The Damned - founded by Ptero in 1988
Hitech
« Reply #35 on: January 04, 2007, 05:52:53 AM »

"It takes the damage equivalent of 6.2 outdated imperial lbs of ord to kill ack. The old-fashioned imperial .50 cal equates to 1.17 racist slaveowning lbs of ord"

dude, er APE you must have a serious dislike for  specific countrys...........or you are pissed that Darwins theory ( the 3 steps ) was never proven to be just.......

out of all your 80 post more than 1/2 of them make derogatory remarks toward another country which has nothing at all to do with this Game........

you should be posting this crap in the OC , it is better suited for that forum.....

as for the topic , 50 cal / 303 cal and other machine guns can kill the field guns easily if the players computer/graphics card is good enough to have the high quality graphics ( slider closer to detail than performace) so they can be easily seen........er and good gunnery..........but I find the biggest cause of not being able to kill the field guns by most is because they can't see them until right on top of them..........as for cannons the explosive hit is better suited for killing field ack.......imo
"When one considers just what they should say to a new pilot who is logging in Aces High, the mind becomes confused in the complex maze of info it is necessary for the new player to know. All of it is important; most of it vital; and all of it just too much for one brain to absorb in 1-2 lessons" TC

Offline Mister Fork

• AvA Staff Member
  • Platinum Member
Hitech
« Reply #36 on: January 04, 2007, 12:50:28 PM »
Sounds like HTC plan of implementing soldiers is on track. :aok

Seeing how an enemy pilot can bail out of an aircraft, survive the field AAA firing at him, and then watch people spawn and shoot at them... well is sort of like complaining that B-17's at 25000 ft bombing your airfield as you try to take off is unfair.

Either way, its part of the game engine.  Solution?  Grab a tank and run him over!
"Games are meant to be fun and fair but fighting a war is neither." - HiTech

Offline bzek74

• Copper Member
Hitech
« Reply #37 on: January 04, 2007, 02:16:34 PM »
Last week I was chillin in the tower when a bailed pilot mugged me with his 45 and took my smokes. Fear the 45!