Author Topic: Newbie  (Read 855 times)

Offline Banjo1

• Zinc Member
« on: November 16, 2006, 01:17:47 PM »
Looking for an established bishop squad to join.I am not looking for a newbie squad because (newb training newb = train wreck) I am not picky on aircraft, but i do a lot of gv'ing, and bombing. I have trained hard in offline and training arena for a week.

Theese are the things i have learned:

Bomb sites

dive bombing

gv long distance shot

ostwind

check six

salute

I will need training in fighters

If there are any squads that will help me hone my skills, i will gladly join.

sorry for the long boring post:rofl

Banjo1

Offline Target2

• Silver Member
« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2006, 02:18:39 PM »
Well, Banjo, welcome to AH.

If bish are not set in stone for you, you can come over to the nights and try flying with 71 squadron for a while. Great bunch of guys, alot of skilled fighter pilots. We're on vox ch171 if your interested.
71 Eagle Squadron

Offline REDRUSKY

• Zinc Member
« Reply #2 on: November 24, 2006, 10:20:30 PM »
OR............

You could join the rooks and form up with us.(BARONS OF RED)Well, you could look at my post,but we are farely new squad, not full of newbies.We are accepting bombers,and fighters for support,but we will allow you to do what ever you want,IM more worried about being a well known and well respected all around squad,you seem to know enough to where we could both get a profit of you joining this squad, i would like to have you join in order to train you a little bit  more so you could join in the fun.well good luck in your squad choice
CO REDRUSKY & BARONS OF RED

Offline Schatzi

• Platinum Member
      • http://www.slowcat.de
« Reply #3 on: November 25, 2006, 06:14:14 AM »
In any case, if you want to learn about fighters, check out the Training Arena. Also good info on http://trainers.hitechcreations.com.
21 is only half the truth.

Offline MrSpanky

• Zinc Member
« Reply #4 on: November 25, 2006, 09:10:44 AM »
Hi Banjo,

Take a look around at all the squadrons. There are many good ones out there.  Find one that suits you.  If you are looking for a gang that is a little less serious, be sure to check us out.  And don't be a-scared. We only bite if provoked. :aok

Good luck.

Offline Banjo1

• Zinc Member
« Reply #5 on: December 02, 2006, 11:15:41 AM »
Thanks for the replies. I have decided to fly Knights, but i can't seem to find Target2 anywhere. I am still interested in flying with a squad. How do you change vox channels?

Good luck to all, and if you see a funny colored N1K on your tail RUN!!:rolleyes:

Banjo1

Offline Reynolds

• Gold Member
      • http://flyingknights.csmsites.com
« Reply #6 on: December 02, 2006, 12:52:41 PM »
<----- CO, Knight B-17G squad. If you are interested, here's our site. Keep in mind, patience is a virtue. Most of our flights are at least 45-60 minutes long.

Offline 007Rusty

• Gold Member
« Reply #7 on: December 02, 2006, 04:01:02 PM »
C.O. 444TH AIR MAFIA
 WD40 (FS0)

Offline Banjo1

• Zinc Member
« Reply #8 on: December 03, 2006, 01:19:59 AM »
What in the heck is wrong with yall?? I was a Bish no invites, now i got it! i am sick already.... My new squad is Hooter fan CLUB. if he started a squad i would join, class act:aok

The 1 man band!!

Banjo1

Offline porkfrog

• Nickel Member
« Reply #9 on: December 03, 2006, 12:14:31 PM »
Did you get set up Banjo1? Our squad, Pigs On The Wing is actively recruiting. We are a Knight only squad. Send me a pm if you're interested in some more info.

http://www.pigsonthewing.org

-JoLLY
Pigs On The Wing

Offline Target2

• Silver Member
« Reply #10 on: December 06, 2006, 02:40:31 PM »
Banjo

Set your squad channel (extreme right when you hit /) to 171. You will then see any text messages and hear any voice messages from the guys in 71 squadron. Try flying with us and see what you think.

Is your in game name banjo1? If so, I'll let the guys know to keep an eye out for you.
71 Eagle Squadron

Offline Schatzi

• Platinum Member
      • http://www.slowcat.de
« Reply #11 on: December 07, 2006, 06:10:48 AM »
Originally posted by Banjo1
What in the heck is wrong with yall?? I was a Bish no invites, now i got it! i am sick already.... My new squad is Hooter fan CLUB. if he started a squad i would join, class act:aok

The 1 man band!!

Banjo1

Banjo, common practice is to actually FLY with a squad first, before you get an invite. To see "if the shoe fits" so to speak. Lots of squads out there, with many different objectives. Some have a very strong hirarchial structure, others are just a loose bunch flying together, some limit their plane set always, or just on squad nights or not at all. Some run a lot of missions, some just wing together as they meet up. Then there are the different time zones... not all squads might have people on when you are usually flying. Age might be another thing.... you wont know which one suits you best without trying!

Pick one or two of the offers given here, look them up in the Main Arenas and just fly with them for a while - to see if you like them (and they like you). The actual invite is usually just a formality after a while.
21 is only half the truth.