Author Topic: Gameport to usb  (Read 304 times)

Offline WilldCrd

• Gold Member
      • http://www.wildaces.org
Gameport to usb
« on: December 11, 2006, 05:34:35 PM »
Ok, i got me this set of CH pro pedals  that are gameport. The fella i got em from  has a USB adapter on em. So my question is should i D/L the gameport software ala drivers OR should i get the USB drivers?
Crap now I gotta redo my cool sig.....crap!!! I cant remeber how to do it all !!!!!

Offline WilldCrd

• Gold Member
      • http://www.wildaces.org
Gameport to usb
« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2006, 07:39:28 PM »
nvm i got em to work
Crap now I gotta redo my cool sig.....crap!!! I cant remeber how to do it all !!!!!

Offline fuzeman

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
Gameport to usb
« Reply #2 on: December 12, 2006, 10:34:27 AM »
I may be getting a USB adaptor for my old gameport Pro Pedals and would like to know.
Which did you use and what was the fix?
Far too many, if not most, people on this Board post just to say something opposed to posting when they have something to say.

"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG54

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
Gameport to usb
« Reply #3 on: December 12, 2006, 05:25:34 PM »
I use a Radio Shack USB adapter for my CH pedals. I just plugged it in to a USB port, the computer recognised it as an adapter, and I calibrated in windows with no trouble.

Offline Blagard

• Nickel Member
Gameport to usb
« Reply #4 on: December 19, 2006, 06:30:33 AM »
The following only applies to using a USB adapter on CH gameport Pro-Pedals as a stand alone device.

Has anyone tried tried rewiring the CH Gameport pedals so that the "car" pots can be used with Rudder as toe brakes?

What I was thinking is that wiring it almost like joystick with the aircraft pedals pot left alone and the just the car pots rewired in as a joystick bypassing the aircraft /car switch.

As most gameport USB adapters will support three axis I wondered if it would work! - I have not got the guts to try it!

Offline doc1kelley

• Silver Member
Gameport to usb
« Reply #5 on: December 19, 2006, 10:56:13 AM »
Originally posted by The Fugitive
I use a Radio Shack USB adapter for my CH pedals. I just plugged it in to a USB port, the computer recognised it as an adapter, and I calibrated in windows with no trouble.

I've been using the Radio Shack gameport->usb adapter for years without a problem on my CH analog rudder pedals.  Just calibrate it in winblows and skip all but the Z axis and then calibrate the usb adapter in AH for the Z axis and you'll be fine.

All the Best...
Jay
awDoc1
awDoc1
The Flying Circus Rocks! We're clowns of a different color!

Beer! helping ugly folks get laid!